Brookdale Hattiesburg I

103 Fox Chase Drive, Hattiesburg, MS, 39402

Reviews of Brookdale Hattiesburg I

Edwin3 July 25, 2013

My mom is at Emeritus at Forrest Park. The staff seemed concerned about the people who lived there. There room is like a hotel room. It has a bathroom and small kitchen area, a refrigerator, a double bed, and a television. It's very nice. They have a lot of singing and they got bingo. They travel around sometimes, but my mother is not too active with their activities. So far I have no complaints about the place.

switcherbear July 06, 2012

The facility itself was beautiful. Everything was well maintained, clean, and in working order. The homes were very spacious and easy to get around. My mother in law said she really enjoyed the community activities available to her, especially the senior meeting center. The exercise rooms were a bit limited, which was a disappointment to her, because she likes a good workout, but other than that she felt that the community provided her with plenty to do.The only real issue we found with the facility was the staff. For the most part they were friendly. The women who came by to clean her house was incredibly rude though, and basically told my mother in law that she wouldn't clean unless my mother in law left the house to go do something else while she was there, because she didn't want to chase her from room to room. Other members of the staff talked to her like a child. Ultimately my mother in law asked us to move her to a different home.

Joel123 September 29, 2011

I visited this facility last spring as part of an educational tour group. The class was looking at conditions within assisted living centers as part of a discussion on nursing homes. To be honest, it was my first experience with any type of assisted living facility. My first impression was very good, the facility was very clean and bright. It wasn't at all I would have expected, or what is often depicted, as a nursing home. The staff was also very friendly and walked around with our group for about forty-five minutes. The patients all seemed to be happy with their time under the staff's care, we never heard anything bad about the centre from the patients. After finishing the guided tour with the two staff members, we were allowed to go around the facility by ourselves and meet some of the patients, it was a really good experience. Based on my time there, I realized that I would not mind if my final living place was a centre similar to this one.

From Brookdale Hattiesburg I

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Hattiesburg I

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Alcove apartments
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: W/D in apt.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Hattiesburg I