Brookdale Meridian Haslett, MI

5346 Marsh Road, Haslett, MI, 48840

Reviews of Brookdale Meridian | Haslett, MI

August 31, 2015

We visited Brookdale Meridian. We liked the arrangement of the building -- the way the people were living in units, set-up in one huge building. It was a fairly small facility. The staff was very nice. We liked them a lot. They were having a party when we were there, so they were not having a regular meal, but it was fine. They had a special person there playing and singing. Everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. From what I saw, it was very good.

May 14, 2015

By Jill25

We moved my mother just a short time ago to Wynwood of Meridian, and so far, all is working out well. The staff are very caring, and the food is good. It isn't a huge place; it's intimate, nice, and not overwhelming. The rooms are kept beautifully clean. It has a very warm atmosphere when you walk in. She is in an efficiency -- a large room with a large closet and a big private bath with lots of railings. There are cords in the bathroom, her sitting area, and bedroom where if she needs assistance, she can pull it. They provided some furniture, but my mother wanted her own things. She had some bedroom furniture and her chair put in, and they accommodated that very well. It is very clean, and every time I've been in there, it's always vacuumed and dusted. It's decorated with good taste. She seems happy there. They have special music programs come in, and they show movies. They have a card group, a knitting group, a walking group, a book group, a group for writing stories, and a sing-along group. There's something for everybody. There's a courtyard outback where the residents can get outside and enjoy the nice weather, and they even allow them to help with some gardening. They take the residents on outings, and they have doctors that come in. The staff is very kind and yet professional. She has been there for about six weeks, and so far, we've been pleased.

March 17, 2015

By Howard14

Brookdale Wynwood was a very nice place. Russel didn't like it, but I did. It was private home with 5 or 6 people in it, and I thought it would be great, but he was not interested in that. It's not for me; it's for him.

March 02, 2015

By JJ3

The staff at Wynwood Meridian is cheerful, friendly, very upbeat, and helpful. The rooms mom is in were decorated very well and were remodeled this year. It has one large room and a separate bathroom. The dining rooms are more like tea rooms, and each floor has their own dining room. It was funny as mom complained that the food portion was small, but she put that she wanted small portions on her intake, and I told her to change it. She hasn't complained about it since, and she thinks the food is fine. They have people come in, like piano players and singers. They have special Sunday movies and popcorns. They have a nice big popcorn machine there. They do special activities, life stories, and reading. When it's not below zero, they have outings. The place is secured. However, I wish there was more people at the front desk when we go in and out because I can go in and out during the day. Sometimes there's not a lot of people at the front desk, and once it gets dark it's locked.

October 05, 2014

I looked at Wynwood of Meridian and saw what it was like. I thought it was very nice looking. I checked the room out; it was OK and I thought it was spacious. They don't have a dining room, because they had a dining area in each of the different rooms there and lounges. I saw the residents doing some crafts and painting. I thought the place was fairly safe.

July 13, 2014

By daughter of loved one

Visited this facility with my mom as we are looking for an assisted living facility. The place had a very homey feeling. Staff and residents were very friendly and welcoming. Facility offers a variety of activities. Thus said we had a concern about cleanliness. The carpets in the hallways and especially stairs needed vacuuming. I used a stairway in the back of the building leading to the beautiful back courtyard and it looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. There is an odor of urine outside a couple of the residents rooms. There are several intimate dining areas but the floors are not cleaned after meals. We saw food and spills on the floors. Because of these concerns we are looking elsewhere.

Thank you for your feedback after touring our community. We take pride in offering a clean, comfortable, homelike setting to our residents and it is disappointing we did not meet these expectations during your tour. We hope you will contact us arrange for another opportunity to visit with us.

June 16, 2014

Wynwood is very nice. Everyone is very friendly. It's not geared for my mother. I think it's for people who are a little bit more independent. The rooms are generously-sized, and they are very clean. The furnishings are pleasant.

April 05, 2014

My mom came up from Florida and I went to lunch with her during Valentine's Day at Wynwood of Meridian. They had an excellent meal. They have a chef on site and a dietician. It was very nice. They've been more than accommodating. The people I've worked with so far are very personable. They have all kinds of social activities including cards, physical activities, somebody comes in and does the hair and nails and arts and crafts. They have a gym, too. It has the level of care that we need, and it is affordable. This is our favorite from all the places we've toured.

October 26, 2013

By Doris16

The location of Wynwood of Meridian is very nice. I chose it because it's close to a friend's house and I needed a place where I can take my dog. The people are very nice and the staff is terrific. They have different areas for dining and the food is delicious. The rooms are pretty nice, but the bathrooms are not very good because it's too small that you wouldn't be able to use your wheelchair around it easily. They have exercises every morning. It's a beautiful facility, but not very handicapped friendly.

July 24, 2013

By Bernadette2

Wynwood of Meridian was a very nice place and accessible to services she needed like medical and shopping centers. They had different activities and things for the residents to do. Although I hadn't tried their food, I saw that it looked good and they had a nice variety. The room was a little small for my aunt's purposes since she had a lot of stuff from her hobbies. Otherwise, the size was perfectly adequate. I would have been happy if my aunt stayed there.

Photos of Brookdale Meridian

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1

• Licenses: HFA

About Brookdale Meridian

Brookdale Meridian provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood we offer personalized assisted living in which we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that fit their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Meridian