Payment

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Harrisonburg

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Brookdale Harrisonburg

Posted by Caring102285750 February 11, 2015
4.0

Emeritus was a little smaller, and it’s in the same city where we live, so that was a plus. The room I saw was very nice. It was smaller than the one that I had seen in Staunton, and it’s big enough with the needs that I have.

The dining area looked very nice. Sanitation was very good, and the staff was friendly. They had a lot of activities planned. Everything was very clean and appealing when you walk-in.

Posted by Barbara100842250 January 13, 2015

The staff at Emeritus was very nice and personal. The rooms were very nice, spacious, and clean. I like the location, the way it was laid out, and the homey, nice, and clean feel.

The dining room was setup very nicely; it was very easy for the people to get in and out. They were having lots of activities like bingos and trips. The place is nice and secure.

Posted by Alan17 December 20, 2014

I chose Emeritus at Harrisonburg because of the memory care unit, the quality of care, and recommendations from others. They do have activities, but my mother is not in that category to be doing a lot of the activities they have due to her condition. Everything is good there, and I am very happy with the staff. There were no issues with the cleanliness or maintenance. This is the most convenient facility, and it had the affordability that we could handle as well.

Posted by Don28 January 31, 2014

Emeritus at Harrisonburg really stood out for me among others. Also I met the people there and I was impressed. That's why we chose this facility for my mother. So far, it has been worth it. She has been there since the first week of October. They have assisted living and Alzheimer's/dementia unit. The facility is quite adequate. It's a secure area that's why mom has moved over there. The community director is very capable. This place has all kinds of activities for them. They also have a community bus that’s capable of taking handicapped people into the community. Overall, this facility provides a well-rounded service.

Posted by Gloria14 August 01, 2013

My visit at Emeritus at Harrisonburg was fine and it was pretty good and I liked the facility. But it was on the high price and I wouldn't be able to afford it. If I could afford it, I could have moved them in there.

Posted by Lalaine June 15, 2013

It is very nice and they have activities for the residents.

Posted by ELS002 June 29, 2012
4.0

Immediately upon stepping onto the grounds of the Emeritus facility in Harrisonburg, I was impressed with the how clean and well-maintained the property was. It's a large, beautiful facility inside and out, and it has a more personal feel than most senior living facilities I've visited. There's a large dining hall that's immaculate and hot cooked meals. We found the staff to be professional and enthusiastic. I was really happy to learn that there are coordinated trips to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other neat places for the residents to look forward to. My husband's great aunt has a small, but cozy one bedroom apartment and loves it. There are aerobics classes, yoga, and cook outs in the summer so residents have plenty of opportunities to socialize if they wish. Overall, Emeritus exceeded our expectations and we feel comfortable having a family member staying here. The gorgeous location also deserves to be emphasized.

Location of Brookdale Harrisonburg

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.