Ecumenical Retirement Community

3525 Canby Street, Harrisburg, PA, 17109

Reviews of Ecumenical Retirement Community

Caring3385 November 16, 2012

My mother is in Ecumenical Retirement Community. She likes it and fits in there well. The staff is absolutely wonderful and the food is very good. I've eaten there when I had lunch with my mother. The rooms are very clean. She has her own room which is good for her, because that's what she needed.

Kelly L October 26, 2012

The staff and management are excellent and go above and beyond. My Mom has never been happier. I would recommend Ecumenical to anyone.

Caring5812 March 01, 2012

This facility is nice and very well priced as it is non profit. Unfortunately it was full at the time my brother and I were looking for a assisted living facility for our father. But, at least now we know why!

From Ecumenical Retirement Community

Welcome to the Country Meadows. After 46 years in senior living we remain family managed and 100% family owned. At Country Meadows Retirement Communities we focus on living...for now and the future. Our goal at Country Meadows is to enable residents to live life to its fullest. That is why our extensive community life program plays an important role in the daily lives of residents. Residents make friends, explore new hobbies and continue lifelong passions.

Residents remain healthy and active through a full array of offerings including social events, spiritual enrichment programs, recreational activities and cognitive and intellectual stimulation. Residents also engage in purposeful activities by volunteering on-campus and in the community. Country Meadows residents enjoy an active and social life. Daily events may include dances and parties, country rides, shopping trips, lunch at local restaurants, games and movies. Residents often gather for pre-dinner social hours to enjoy a game of pool, entertainment or a chat with friends. Comfortable, well appointed living rooms and libraries also provide a cozy place for conversation among friends or to simply read a book.

Country Meadows places a high value on wellness and fitness for its residents. The benefits of physical activity are illustrated by a higher quality of life, independence and diminished pain associated with chronic conditions. Each campus has a fitness coordinator to promote healthy lifestyles for residents. Fitness activities include Tai Chi, gentle yoga and Nautilus exercises. The fitness coordinators also plan wellness education programs with community health professionals.

Location of Ecumenical Retirement Community