Brookdale Harrisburg

3560 N. Progress Ave., Harrisburg, PA, 17110

Reviews of Brookdale Harrisburg

Robert71103750 October 25, 2013

Emeritus was very nice and closer to my house. It was a newer building than the one that my dad was in. The place was clean. I would have put him there. However, I couldn't afford it because it was $400 or $500 more on the rent.

Karen69951250 September 25, 2013

We visited Emeritus at Harrisburg. It was small and nice facility. The staff is wonderful. The rooms were nice but small. They had a lot of activities and everything else there seemed fine. The only downside that I saw was the size of the rooms.

Cindy30 September 22, 2013

I liked Emeritus at Harrisburg. However, they do not have a room at that time when we went there. Everything was convenient to get to like the dining room. It was beautiful facility.

Helen26 August 29, 2013

Loyalton of Harrisburg was atrocious. My dad was a hospice patient and they had him on narcotics. The order was to medicate every four hours. However, the technicians should only give it to the patient when they were awake. The technicians came and kept on giving him the medication even when he was sleeping. He was not comfortable there. When I visited him in the afternoon, he will be lying on the same position when I left him in the morning. He was soaked and sweaty and nobody did a thing about it and the food wasn't any good.

momsax1911 October 02, 2012

After our Mother fell at home and was placed in a rehab. facility, we needed to find a place where she could enjoy life, but still be taken care of. A friend of mine recommended Emeritus and I couldn't have been more pleased. Mom, just like anyone who has to give up their freedom, didn't like being there at first. However the wonderful staff very quickly made her feel at home. She started participating in activities she had never done at home like bingo, outings for breakfast or lunch, and special entertainment provided, just to name a few. Their love for her and the family showed. The staff was always available to assist the family in understanding her welfare and her journey with Alzheimers.

Caring5812 March 01, 2012

I researched several facilities before placing my father here. No place is perfect. But, Emeritus Harrisburg has been pretty accommodating. At first my Dad didn't want to be here. He really needed the memory care. But, After 3 weeks he is now finally coming around. My Mom is also in the process of moving in. She came down. She liked it so much she also decided to give it a try!

szh1015 October 22, 2011

In a very stressful time, I visited here and immediately knew it would be the right place for my mother. Patty was wonderful. She was informative, empahetic, and very patient. Dottie was also so helpful and generous with her time when other family members came to see the residence. Mother will move in tomorrow. Again, every detail was taken care of almost immediately. Each time I have gone in this week, I have been greeted by a smiling staff member. The stress level during this time was reduced thanks to the great people and atmosphere at Harrisburg.

From Brookdale Harrisburg

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Harrisburg