Morningside House of Friendship

7548 Old Telegraph Road, Hanover, MD, 21076

Reviews of Morningside House of Friendship

Gail32 May 13, 2015

Morningside House is very nice. It seems to be clean and warm with people milling around. It doesn’t look like a nursing home. My aunt and uncle are getting a 1-bedroom with a sitting room. They don’t have a kitchen, but they can have a refrigerator because they’re in the dementia section. They’re nice-sized rooms.

I saw a couple of activities when I was there. I know they have exercise rooms, a music room, and arts and crafts. They have hairdressers on the premises. I had my aunt and uncle assessed to see what level they would be in. The staff that I have dealt with so far has been very helpful and very accommodating.

Jerry41 January 26, 2015

I chose Morningside for my wife because when we visited, they have all the residents dressed up. The staff is very friendly. They have bingo, and what I love about it is the friendliness and the openness of the facility.

Caring101566450 January 25, 2015

We actually got her to a place at Hanover called Morningside House. Of course she was only there for like a month before she passed away. As short as it was t,he facility was fine. They had two levels of Dementia care which was good. You had one from the beginning to a certain point, then one that needed more help. She could walk around, talk, and eat. But she needed help as far as bathroom, showers, and medication. The staff seemed fine. I think the ratio should be a little bit better. The security is fine. We went to a bunch of places, and they all had a security code to get in the door and a security code to get out. It was all fenced in so I thought that was fine. The rooms are fine. The single ones were nice, and they had their own bathroom and stuff. The double one looks like a large dorm room. But like I said, once they are in bed or in a chair, they don't need a lot of room because they're not doing anything.

Sandra98681950 December 12, 2014

Morningside House of Friendship is closer to where my daughter and son live, so it is more convenient for two of her grandchildren. So far, it has been great. My mother is not crazy about the food, and she is very picky. The staff is great. They are just very helpful because she needs a lot of assistance bathing; she can dress herself, but there are things that it just got to the point where we weren't comfortable with her doing like cooking. But she is really happy, and that is saying a lot for my mother. I like the attitude of the staff. They are honestly caring for the elderly.

connie s. July 13, 2014

my mom has been in this facility for several years and suffers from dementia. she cannot care for herself. I saw her yesterday without shoes or socks and noticed no one had been cutting her toenails. they curl under her feet. I called the nurse who is caring for her today, Sunday, and asked how she was doing. I was told "she's fine" SHE HAS PNEUMONIA! shouldn't her nurse be made aware of this?

Penny7 March 31, 2014

My husband is in Morningside House of Friendship and settled. It is convenient for me. I am very impressed with the staff and the way the building is maintained. I'm very satisfied.

Caring53559750 May 29, 2013

Morningside House of Friendship was clean and beautiful. My mom would have a room if we chose that facility. There were also different activities. The staff were friendly and very understanding with my mom's issues. They were always available and the residents were well-cared for.

Steve19 April 30, 2013

We find Morningside House to be a very caring. The care and services for my mother-in-law is excellent. The place is very clean and well-maintained. We'd recommend it to anyone.

neit July 05, 2012

I visit the facility frequently.The staff inside this place really seems to care about the residents. The employees always seem to have a positive patient attitude when it comes to caring for the residents. This facility has alot of events for the people who stay there. On occasions I see piano players and singers come to share their talents. They also have religious guests come to share experiences and talk with the residents and sing inspirational songs with them. They also do various parties for holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and Fourth of July. The facility even has a bus that takes the residents to appointments and other places. Sometimes you can go into this facility and smell cookies in the oven and cold lemonade and water sitting waiting for anyone who may just need a snack or something to munch on. Each resident even has there own mailbox to make them feel just like at home. Its nice to see them get boxes from loved ones or flowers during the holidays. I would recommend this place to someone even though i am unsure of how much it cost to stay there.

Auntie1 June 02, 2012

This facility is located on top of a hill but just near a main road. This is a very beautiful place. The rooms are nice; spacious, has a kitchen, a bathroom with all the bars to help the residents in and out of the toilet and shower. I stayed there a couple of hours only so I didn't really observe any activities or entertainment. Also, I can't say much of the care the staff was giving to their residents. However, I'm really considering this place for my loved ones.

From Morningside House of Friendship

Senior assisted living at Morningside House of Friendship offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Morningside House of Friendship, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Hanover has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Morningside House of Friendship, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Features of Morningside House of Friendship

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,524/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62