Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton

1030 Topping Lane, Hampton, VA, 23666

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton

November 22, 2015

By Cynthia115188550

We visited Commonwealth Assisted Living at Hampton. It was near the mall. The cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff impressed me. The rooms we were shown were furnished, though we didn’t quite get into whether or not they could bring their own furniture. They have a chart for some things they can be involved in every day, like crafts, singing and appropriate exercise (chair aerobics). A resident was playing the piano when we came in, which was impressive. We saw the dining area, but we didn’t try the food. The facility just seemed a little older and not too modern.

November 10, 2015

By Barbara115472450

I was impressed with the cleanliness, décor, and the welcoming the staff provided at Commonwealth. The amenities looked good on the outside. The rooms were clean and well-kept. However, I witnessed some activities only after I placed my relative there, and I’ve had to move her because I wasn’t satisfied. Some of the staff members were not as kind as they could have been.

On behalf of Commonwealth Assisted Living at Hampton, I’m sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that our top priority is providing our residents and their loved ones with compassionate care and respect. We work closely with all team members to ensure that they uphold our Core Values. As the Regional Director of Operations for Commonwealth Assisted Living, I take your comments seriously and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. You can contact me directly at 757-619-5632 or canderson@commonwealthal.com. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you. – Cat Anderson, Regional Director of Operations, Commonwealth Assisted Living.

February 11, 2015

I thought Commonwealth Assisted Living was pretty good, but they decided to put my mother in a nursing home. The staff was pretty good. It’s an older facility, but they are up to date on everything. The location is near my home.

January 25, 2015

By Anna22

I took my mother to Commonwealth Assisted Living. The first time we went there, it was very clean, and everybody I met in there was very nice. The lady that’s in charge of admission was very nice and helpful. My mother has no complaints about anything. The surroundings were very clean, and everybody there so far has been very nice.

April 20, 2012

By Deborah C.

The person evaluating my mom and the person selling both came out to our house. The process was more in unison that any of the other facility's process. It all seemed like it was gonna work out, but she never made it there. The day my mom was supposed to move in to assisted living, she had an aneurism to the brain. They had more levels of care. They were willing to try her out in the assisted living section. If that didn't work, then she would've been placed in a memory care unit. They were more flexible and the staff was very flexible as well. Their assisted living and the memory unit were on one level right next door to each other. They were true to their word. Since my mom never made it there, we got our money back quickly. They're very knowledgeable people who made the effort to take care of my mom. They were aggressive about making sure we had whatever we needed. They help us overcome our objections, questions and obstacles. It seemed like it was the right fit. The rooms were big and nice. It just felt right.

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton

Features of Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3960/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Home Sale Assistance

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton, a premier senior living community in Hampton. Situated in quiet neighborhood, our community offers a relaxed setting that has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. Our community provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It's specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities, including an elegant dining room, cozy fireplaces, game room and hair salon. Our commitment to this community was reinforced by a recent renovation that added vibrancy, more common spaces and even a teaching kitchen. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton further and schedule a tour today.

Glass sun room, climate controlled, open air screnned in sunroom. Sweet memories art program and activities for memory care.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton