Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden

35 Hamden Hills Drive, Hamden, CT, 06518

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden

March 08, 2013

By John28

My mom is doing much, much better at Maple Woods. She has adapted very well. The staff is very friendly. However, the food could be improved.

Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is important to us, so please note that your comments have been forwarded on to the Executive Director as well as the Dining Services Director. Please do not hesitate to contact the community with any further concerns. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

July 23, 2012

By Digz

My grandmother stayed at this facility after her stroke. The facility is beautiful and therr are many amenities for the elderly. Their is a big living area for all the elderly to gather and socialize or watch t.v. The facility was kept clean and everyone was very calm and relaxed. Seemed like it was a nice quiet place for anyone to live in. However, the staff was a bit rude. You are not greeted as soon as you come in. You have to go out of your way to look for the staff and they seemed bothered if you asked them for anything. There were no bilingual staff members which made it difficult for my grandmotherwho only speaks Spanish to understand them. My grandmother was unable to speak for a while after he stroke and tried communicating by hand gestures but the staff didn't understand her and she didn't understand them. Plenty of times I came to her and she had not been changed or fed. It was very upsetting when the staff answered that they didn't know what she wanted so they basically ignored her. Overall the place looks nice but the staff needs to work on their skills. Be friendlier and they need to hire people who can communicate with the elderly living there.

We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with Maple Woods at Hamden. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident. Personalized care includes the ability to create positive communications on many levels.

Again, we are sorry for any negative observations. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

July 05, 2012

By histtchr79

I have had a generally positive experience with this facility. My grandmother lived there recently after living alone for several years. The staff was very welcoming and made sure that she and the family were aware with the variety of services the facility had to offer. When my grandmother needs help, they are quick to respond and always provide an adequate level of service in order to meet her needs and ensure her safety. Several activities are available to residents, and the food is good. My biggest complaint is the extra cost associated with several of the tasks that one would consider to be a part of the rent (e.g. escorting to the dining room, medication reminders, etc.) The rent is quite expensive.

Photos of Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None

About Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden

Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden is located south of Sleeping Giant State Park, on a hilltop overlooking Hamden Center. Located in Hamden, Connecticut, Maple Woods at Hamden boasts skyline views of New Haven and picturesque views of the Long Island Sound. We're conveniently located near shops, as well as cultural and business attractions. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our retirement community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They relish in the quiet of our library, take strolls along our beautiful walking paths, and enjoy refreshments in our very own ice cream parlor. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled at Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden

Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden is a charming "country inn" setting, conveniently located to the Merritt Parkway and the hub of New Haven.

Map of Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden