Atria Larson Place

Overview of Ratings

3.4

August 01, 2013

By Scott6

My dad used to stay at Atria Larson Place. We chose them at the time because they said they could handle and take care of him. However, he wasn't even there a week and they threw him out. I had to pay $3,600 in community fees and they wouldn't give any of it back. I wouldn't recommend that place to anybody. Although the living environment was okay, their staff was terrible. They were like the Gestapo. My dad was in the Alzheimer's wing and their food was not very good. I thought they were just left-overs from the other side. They had activities like exercise that some of the people participated in, but most of them did not. They have to learn to work with the patients better.

Please accept our apologies for your negative experience with our community. Each new resident receives a functional needs assessment from a licensed nurse at move-in and periodically thereafter. These assessments help us tailor care to individual needs. A health and wellness assessment fee is charged at that time. If the resident’s needs change at any time, be that one week or one year after moving in, the family is consulted so that they may consider their options. Although I do not know at what time your father stayed with us, I can assure you that our memory care program is constantly evaluated to ensure that we are providing the very best care and services, including activities and culinary options. We would like to update you on any changes our community may have undergone since your father was a resident. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

June 14, 2013

By Robert29

Atria Larson was a little bit too run down. I was not impressed with their Dementia Unit. The staff weren't that very friendly. There were a lot of things that needed some touchups and repair, but the facility was okay.

Thank you for your feedback on our community and I am sorry to hear that you found our Life Guidance memory care staff to be anything less than welcoming. We will certainly look into this further, and we are also re-evaluating the appearance of our community to make sure that we make the very best first impression every time. If you would like to provide additional details on your visit, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com. And we would love for you to visit us again soon.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Photos of Atria Larson Place

About Atria Larson Place

Atria Larson Place is a warm, welcoming community with all the comforts of home. Socialize in our bright, large common areas and enjoy diverse activities that allow you to pursue your interests and discover new ones. Located directly across from beautiful Lake Whitney, Atria Larson Place is close to state parks, the ocean, and many cultural attractions in downtown New Haven, including theaters, museums and shopping centers.

Atria Larson Place offers the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
    • Choice of apartments
    • Anytime Café
    • Full-time director of events and activities
    • Emergency call system in every apartment
    • Daily restaurant-style meals
    • Housekeeping services
    • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
    • Medication assistance