Brookdale Hagerstown

20009 Rosebank Way, Hagerstown, MD, 21742

Reviews of Brookdale Hagerstown

Caring103903150 June 26, 2015

I have looked at three other nursing homes in our area, and Emeritus at Hagerstown is the closest. We had also had used them in the past. Those were the two reasons why I chose this nursing home for my mother-in-law. The rooms were fine. They were pretty similar with the other places I looked at. I also tried eating there. They served good menus in an open style dining room. They had the normal list of activities such as bingos and trips. Even though my mother-in-law has not yet lived there, the community appears to be good enough.

Carla14 October 22, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Hagerstown was very friendly and gracious. I had lunch with them, and the food was very good. It was clean, the residents looked happy to be there, and their attitude is happy. I was able to see a couple of rooms; it was well-kept and clean, and the assisted living quarters were clean and cheerful. Each of the doors were decorated so it felt homey. They were able to bring their own decorations to put in their rooms, they had scheduled activities, and the grounds are well-kept. I was there at lunch time, they had a calendar with the event, but I wasn’t there for any of those. The staff was very caring, and the person who assisted me was very personable and caring.

Dereck September 10, 2014

My mother is happy with Emeritus at Hagerstown. We chose it because of the location, and the facility has a kind of modern setting. Everything seems to be good, and she complements the food a lot, so I think that is fine. The rooms are very spacious and that was another reason why we chose it. The staff seems to be pretty good. She has been there for two months, and we haven't had any complaints about the staff. They are all friendly and very professional. As far as I understand from my mother, the food is extremely good. She is really happy with the meal choices and things of that nature. They have the typical senior style activities on site, and they offer transportation to outside activities, which they do every other week. I liked the modern feel of the facility compared to other ones here in town, which kind of seem very dated or very small in room size and things of that nature.

Louis6 August 29, 2014

Right now, my mom is at Emeritus at Hagerstown. The facility is close to where I am now. The price is reasonable and the staff seemed friendly. The room that she got was a nice room and it was clean. It had a good view. With the food, I can say its institutional food, but they do have options if you don’t want to eat what's on the menu. I like the staff and the place is very clean. It didn’t smell like some assisted living places do.

runaway July 27, 2014

If no stars was an option that's what I would choose. House keeping doesn't clean. Public restrooms out of order. Maintenance requests are coming up on nine months without resolution. Administrative Assistant and some nursing staff are extremely rude to the point of hostile. Invoices are not accurate. Nothing is what was promised when we toured and signed lease. The good staff never stays long.

Caring89652650 July 19, 2014

Emeritus' cleanliness is poor, and there's no communication between the staff and the residents' families. There's no communication from the management to the staff when you make a complaint. Nothing gets done. They weren't checking medical things, like wounds, and they're unhygienic. They put his open wound bandages into a trash can where you put your trash instead of a basin, which is what you're supposed to do. The dining area was fine. There was nothing extraordinary, but it was OK.

Caring84769550 May 30, 2014

I am living in Emeritus. It is always clean. I like that people here look happy and satisfied. I have two rooms, a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a little kitchenette. It doesn't have a stove, but it has a refrigerator and a sink. The food is kind of institution food. It is not bad, but it is not homemade food. The staff is trying to be very nice and pleasant.

Caring77212950 February 25, 2014

We’re very new and we’re just getting involved in this place. I chose Emeritus at Hagerstown for my mother in law because of it being near the medical center and affordability was a big factor. We really had not been there long enough to make a judgment but so far we loved it. It's a very nice community and a pretty homey environment. The staff seemed very helpful and was very nice to all the residents whom they know by their by names. We liked it and we’re pretty happy.

Caring78088050 February 24, 2014

Me and my brother visited Emeritus at Hagerstown. The facility is clean and very nice. They had a community and a dining room which are both very nice. The food is very good. They also have different activities like singing, dancing, and also some exercises. They also have someone that comes in and plays music. They also have games like bingo. Overall, it's a nice facility.

eiashf October 04, 2013

This facility is a dump. House keeping is horrible. The only activities the residents get is pretty much just bingo. And i feel as though they don't really care about the residents all they care about is the money they get. This facility has one if the biggest turn overs i have ever seen due to the fact the staff quits or the find petty stuff to fire the good workers for but keep the one who don't know to do their job it just simply don't want to do their job. I wouldnt let these people take care of a stink bug let alone my love one

Tony16 September 27, 2013

What I liked best about Emeritus at Hagerstown was their cost and their care, which were both reasonable. It was more of quality of life instead of showing off and having an elaborate place. The facility was very nice. The staff was great. It looked like they had a lot of activities going on. When I was there, they were doing bingo and arts and crafts. I liked their rooms. However, a lot of them were dual rooms and I was not able to see single rooms but I was sure they had them.

Timothy3 September 27, 2013

We chose this facility for my sister, Emeritus at Hagerstown, because of the cost. It's a little cheaper. The staff seemed a bit okay. We sat down at lunch with my sister and she said that the food was good. My sister shared a room with another person. I noticed that the bathroom that they have downstairs is not too clean. They have bingo, movie day, and a gentleman comes in and plays the piano and sing.

Dennis9 August 10, 2013

Emeritus at Hagerstown is a very nice and clean facility. All the residents seemed happy when I walked through. I love the rooms. Of all the ones I went to, they had the best rooms because they were very big and roomy. The place looks like a big office building. It's pretty and well designed, but it looks institutional.

Lovely Anette June 26, 2013

When we visited Emeritus At Hagerstown, we liked what we saw. We just moved my sister-in-law recently, so I hope she likes it in there. We moved her out of Virginia to make her closer to us. They were the first and only one to offer to send somebody in Virginia to give her evaluation check to see what level of care she needed. We chose not to keep her at Emeritus because of finances, but they were willing to work us and provide her with what she needs. They seemed very caring. The staff seems very accommodating, very helpful, and very pleasant. I would like to live there. It seems like a very nice place, bright, and sunny. They have physical therapy, doctors are coming in. They also have beauty shops. I noticed the activity board seems to be very full of different activities. We really appreciate that they were willing to work with us financially.

Oma2Max January 30, 2013

If there was a rating of less than 1 star that's what I'd give to this facility. My father-in-law was a resident for approx 6 weeks before we realized the care he was getting wasn't to the level we expected. No one gave him any kind of orientation and on his second day there he went for a walk - he had no idea of the boundaries and the home he'd been in in NY allowed residents to walk around the block alone. After this event he was moved to memory care where his laundry wasn't done regularly and his sheets were washed once in 3 weeks - I marked the hem with lipstick to see how long it would take. His door was always closed and usually locked - with two exceptions we always had to find someone to unlock his door when we visited. We gave the required 30-day notice and the weekend we were to move him out, Hurricane Sandy struck and the weather was terrible. We asked if we could wait until the next day to get the remainder of his furniture and was told it would be possible but we'd have to give another 30-day notice. My father-in-law had very bloody urine when we took him from Emeritus and we took him to another doctor immediately. With medication he was well in just a couple of days. When we asked at Emeritus if they knew he was sick, the answer was yes but a doctor hadn't been in to see him. When we asked for a copy of his medical records for his doctor we were told they had to have a Power of Attorney to release it. This had, of course, been required upon his entering Emeritus. (We received a letter explaining that because of privacy issues they couldn't give us the records of "MRS. Wheeler".) When we got my father-in-law home there were items of women's clothing mixed in with his so we knew his laundry was being mixed with others. If you're considering Emeritus for a family member please think twice if they're going to be in Memory Care. As soon as you go through the double doors you'll notice a difference in the smell, the level of cleanliness, and the lack of pretty decorating. Residents of Memory Care don't get to enjoy the music or programs that take place in the main part of the facility. (Although it's a minor thing, someone else's stuff was stored in my father-in-law's room until we insisted that it be removed. A lamp and small table that belonged to my father-in-law was misplaced - the lamp was found but the folding TV table was lost forever. I finally had to throw out some clothing items that didn't belong to my father-in-law.) The only way I'd leave a family member at Emeritus is if it didn't matter at all where they were or what kind of care they received. Most of the many wonderful things that Emeritus says will be part of the care will never be provided to a person in Memory Care.

James atherton February 17, 2012

This nursing facility has been personally visited by me. It is aimed at providing a better life for every member of the facility. It has been organizers as per high standard. All kind of facilities are provided to residents within fully furnished rooms Activities have been organized to ensure participants of all residents thus generating a healthy spirit and an atmosphere of respect and love for each other. I have found the staff employed on duty very competent and ready to look after the needs of all residents. Overall the atmosphere is very neat and clean. Health is the top priority and nursing assistance is provided for traditional medical care and memory care too. I personally met few residents and found them happy and involved in activities. Life here looks at its best and true services for humanity are being rendered. I would recommend this facility being very well designed and managed. Overall, I must congratulate the efforts being put in by the organizers.

From Brookdale Hagerstown

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Hagerstown