Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods

21260 Mack Avenue, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, 48236

Reviews of Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods

emilycaydubs June 12, 2012

I think that Sunrise is an excellent facility. They seem to treat all the residents well and with respect. The staff is friendly and it seems that they are comfortable handling the residents who are not as aware about what is going on. One issue I have been made aware of is that residents might not necessarily get enough one-on-one time with caregivers. I heard that a few workers are lazy and so put their work(/residents) on other workers who are supposed to be giving other residents one-on-one attention. Also, they may not all get enough exercise if they have no one to visit and walk with them. Overall, though, (and especially if a resident has family members looking out for them and making requests on his or her behalf) I think Sunrise is a good place. My grandmother seems to be very happy there. The facility itself is also quite nice; it almost has the appearance of a hotel. There are nice gardens where families can go to chat. They also have entertainment sometimes as well as events for family to visit. I hope I never in my life have to live in assisted living home, but if that ever became necessary I don't think I would mind Sunrise.

KellyGirl1 September 10, 2011

My mother has been living at Sunrise at Grosse Pointe Woods nursing home for the past 5 years. My mother had started experiencing the symptoms of early-onset (65) Alzheimer's disease. My mother had always been such a mentally vibrant individual, so the idea of her mind eroding away was terrifying for her and for me!We looked at other assisted living facilities that were on par or even a little nicer than Sunrise in terms of accommodations and grounds, but the real selling point for us was their specialized care programs for individuals suffering from memory loss and mild to advanced Alzheimer's symptoms. It was important to us to find a care facility that could care for mother at the different stages of her illness. Because we did not know how quickly her condition would deteriorate, we didn't want to put her in one facility only to have to move her a year and half later because her needs could no longer be met.The staff have been so supportive and attentive to both me and my mother. They have done a wonderful job at preserving those parts of mother's life that were most important to her even though she can no longer remember why they are important. Their sensory stimulation environments and individualized care is just fantastic.

From Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Grosse Pointe Woods

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours