Silver Ridge Assisted Living

Reviews of Silver Ridge | Assisted Living

4.5

November 06, 2014

By Family Advocate

Due to my grandfather’s decline in memory I recently toured Silver Ridge Assisted Living side and their memory side. My grandfather is very particular, so I decided to take him with me on the tour. From the moment we walked in the door we felt like we were home. Lisa greeted us as we walked in and introduced us to everyone right away. I was surprised to see so many residents just walking around and talking to us. I thought that assisted meant that they couldn’t do as much as they used to. Lisa told us that their residents live a very active life style. She showed my grandfather and I their face book page with pictures of holiday parties and everyday events. My grandfather has to have knee replacement surgery in December and Lisa told us that a home health company , would follow my grandfather from rehab back to Silver Ridge where he would have therapy and nursing care until he was independent again. We later met on of the therapist name Caitlynn from Physmed working with a lady and she seemed very nice. She gave us her card and told us to call with any questions. The staff in the assisted living was absolutely great. They were personable and they seemed to really enjoy their job. Due to my grandfathers decline in memory, we also toured the memory units and again I was surprise on how great everyone was. Lisa told us that Silver Ridge would be able to help my grandfather transition through every stage of his life. WE SIGNED OUR CONTRACT THAT DAY!! WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!

June 24, 2012

By Greckel

My grandmother seemed to very much enjoy this facility. The staff seemed rather kind, except for several of the nurses who could at times be incredibly rude to both myself and my grandmother. The rooms were kept incredibly clean and a maid service even came once a week or so. The food was decent, served in a large dining hall, but nothing spectacular. My grandmother's room had a small kitchenette, which allowed her to cook small meals for herself when she was unwilling to leave her room. The facility had a gardening area, which was great for my grandmother. Her biggest concern about moving from her home to an assisted living facility was her ability to garden. My grandmother did not partake in many of the social activities that were offered and sometimes she felt like she was forced by the staff to too often interact with other residents. She often attended the ice cream socials, and would occasionally go to the puzzle nights with one other resident. Personally, I found the staff to be very accommodating to visitors. They allowed me to enjoy dinner with my grandmother. I was able to visit with one of the nurses to see how she was doing medically and receive updates on her status as an Alzheimer's patient.

Questions About Silver Ridge

Assisted Living at Silver Ridge

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Silver Ridge . What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We welcome ages 55+. Our average age varies. Many of our residents enjoy bingo, cards, our many outings, church services, live music and special occasion themed meals.

What programs or activities does Silver Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer many amazing amenities. We have a chapel, salon, whirlpool baths, a visiting chiropractor, a visiting audiologist, coffee shops, library, courtyard with a pond, linen service, housekeeping and so much more...

What places are near Silver Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is a wonderful quilting shop, grocery stores, florist, coffee shops and our amazing outlet mall.

What transportation services does Silver Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

2 round trips per month to doctor's appointments included in the rent. Plus all activity drives are included in the rent.

What makes the chef or dining program at Silver Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

95% of our menu is homemade. Our chef makes amazing pastry items and homey comfort foods.

What safety features or security measures does Silver Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We have all sorts of safety/security measures here at SilverRidge. We have a wonderful fire system with automatic closing doors and sprinklers in all of the apartments and common areas. One of our greatest features is our help button that each of our residents receive when they move in. It is a GPS within our community. Whether they are in a friend's apartment or in the coffee shop, when they push their button, we know who it is and where they are. We lock our doors every evening between 8 and 9pm. Guests can ring the bell after hours to have a nurse let them in. We do not open the doors again until 6am.

How does Silver Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a newsletter, we send out information through the mail, we utilize email, we have Facebook, we have Twitter and sometimes all it takes is a simple phone call. Our management staff has an open door policy so if families ever need anything and want to come in, we are here for them.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Silver Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staff-to-resident ratio is 1 to 15, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There are times that there may be more staff-to-resident ratio depending on how much help our residents may need. During the day, Monday thru Friday, we do have 2 extra CNA's present that are bath aides.

If Silver Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do not accept pets. We welcome them to come visit though.

What safety features or security measures does Silver Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory support has locked doors that require a code to get in and out of the buildings. For fire safety reasons, you can still push on the doors to get out but an alarm will sound. That alarm will alert staff that someone is going or trying to go out the door. We have a secure courtyard in each building so residents can still enjoy some time outside.

Memory Care at Silver Ridge

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staff to resident ratio is 1 to 4 during the day and 1 to 5 in the evening and overnights.

What programs or activities does Silver Ridge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory support life enrichment director does an amazing job of keeping residents engaged. She schedules 4 activities during the day and 1 more in the evening that the nursing staff engages with the residents. There are activities 6 days a week and a church service on Sunday's. There are all sort of activities everyday. Everything from exercising to trivia to bingo to painting.

Describe the neighborhood around Silver Ridge . Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

SilverRidge is located in a quiet residential neighborhood.

Is Silver Ridge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Silver Ridge

Features of Silver Ridge

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4970/month

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: ALF224

About Silver Ridge

SilverRidge is a family owned business quietly nestled in Gretna, Nebraska, where residents can benefit from the close proximity to Omaha, yet enjoy the small town atmosphere that Gretna has to offer. With 81 spacious apartments, we provide a variety of floor plans to suit everyone's needs. Along with our luxurious apartments, we offer a beautifully landscaped courtyard, coffee shop, beauty/barber shop, and so much moreSilverRidge provides a pleasing, active environment with a wide range of services and activities. Our professional staff is always there to respect and serve each individual, according to his or her changing abilities and needs. This convenient location comes at a very reasonable cost. SilverRidge has no buy-in fees or membership costs. Our stunning apartments, quality retirement living, and basic health services are all included in one low monthly rental. At SilverRidge we offer all the amenities available for assisted living in our area, but at very affordable prices. Discover the SilverRidge difference.

At SilverRidge, we take pride in our small community and large apartment philosophy. With apartments as large as 1,008 square feet, we want SilverRidge to feel like home. We want our residents to be as active as they chose to be. SilverRidge is what quality retirement living should be and what our residents deserve and/or have grown accustomed to.

Map of Silver Ridge