Oakleaf Village

1560 Thornblade Blvd., Greer, SC, 29650

Reviews of Oakleaf Village

Pleased123 September 08, 2014

I had a friend/family member at Oakleaf Village and I was very happy with the care they received while there. They were always great about calling if any incident happened and were staff as per required by state. But like all places I am sure they wished they could have even more staff. My friend/ family member was in another facility before Oakleaf and I can say its seems that staff complained about not enough help. But I did questioned the Supervisor and got the answers I needed. It was covered as per state regulations. So I would highly recommend Oakleaf, I think if you look at other places, you will agree too!!!

Salsa August 19, 2014

Warning: Be careful. Not enough staff for the amount of residents.They do not document falls and serious incidents. Inefficient medication distribution. Lack of attention to brief/depends changes and personal hygiene. Rooms were always dirty and had to clean the bathrooms every week. Constant staff turnover!!!

Roseann3 January 31, 2014

We actually have my dad in an assisted living at Oakleaf Village. What impresses me about this facility is the cleanliness of the rooms, the friendliness of the staff and how long the staff has been there. They all have been there for awhile now. However, the biggest reason why we chose this place for my dad is that it's the closest physically for us. Regarding the staff, my dad has only been there for three days but they all seem very friendly, caring, gentle, and accommodating. His room is very nice and very clean. When we told them that we needed to be in on Saturday, they did everything they could to prepare it. They put in new carpet and new vinyl in the bathroom. They painted the room. It was completely ready for us when we went in on a very short notice.

DMC89 October 12, 2012

The community as a whole was very polite and caring. The staff helped in anyway they could and had a positive atmosphere that was very serene and open. All of the seniors seemed to get along. The facility was very clean and the food wasn't bad, the beds were made each day and the seniors had there baths and were clean. It smelled nice no bad aromas. It was very well lit and stocked with plenty of books for reading and puzzles with multiple TVs in a community room where the seniors could get together and socialize. They have a bingo night and other little get togethers that the seniors can socialize at. There is an area to stretch your legs and walk around outside that is fenced so any seniors don't accidentally walk to far. There were weekly visits from local church groups to sing and services held on Sundays. There was a small problem with the parking area it seemed very dark at night with not much light. When I left I was noticing that it could use more lights.

amam September 25, 2012

All the comforts of home and then some Oakleaf Village has everything you've come to expect from your own home, including privacy, self-reliance, and familiar possessions. But most people live at Oakleaf Village for the extra things we provide. Things like on-site classes,restaurant-style dining, and an added sense of well-being. When you move to Oakleaf Village,your hobbies and interests move with you. Do a little shopping, take in a walk, have lunch at a favorite restaurant. At Oakleaf Village in Greer, South Carolina, there's always something happening.Whether you'd just like a little help or need more comprehensive attention, we have a program for you. We'll begin by determining your need for assistance. This, combined with the observations of caregivers, family members, and physicians, determines the appropriate level of care.An addition to basic services, advanced programs include medication administration, assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming, special needs monitoring, mobility assistance, the monitoring of unstable medical conditions, bedtime care, incontinence care, evening safety checks, and the delivery of meals directly to private apartments.

From Oakleaf Village

Picture Yourself living the lifestyle you've earned.......... Whether you'd just like a little assistance or need more comprehensive attention, we have a program for you. Life at Oakleaf Village offers all of the comforts of home without the challenges, problems and responsibilities of home ownership. Our residents can have all of the privacy and independence of living at home or they can choose to have all the help and support our community provides.

Whether in our Assisted Living apartments or our specialized Memory Care units, our residents focus on living each day to the fullest. Here is the ultimate choice for luxury senior living in Greenville. Oakleaf Village gives the attention to detail and service that you've come to associate with a quality lifestyle.

• Choose from studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments with the basic furniture package available at no additional cost.
  • Elegant Private Dining room for family gatherings and resident social events.
  • Scheduled recreational and social activities including dining out and special events.
  • 24 hours emergency call response system in each apartment.
  • Onsite Physician services and Rehabilitation Services.
  • Medication management using QuickMAR technology- the most advanced pharmacy software featuring integration with pharmacy and facility to provide day day-to-day communication between caregiver and pharmacy.

Amenities

• Basic Cable and Wireless Internet included with monthly rent.
  • Full service Beauty Salon.
  • Comfortable, state-of-the are theater room and Cozy Library.
  • Restaurant style dining services for three meals per day (Limited Special Diets Available).

Features of Oakleaf Village

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,500/month

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: Memory Care 8 to 1, Assisted Living 12 to 1

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Oakleaf Village