The Inn at Greenwood Village

5565 South Yosemite Street, Greenwood Village, CO, 80111

Contact Now

Reviews of The Inn at Greenwood Village

Caring27146050 May 31, 2014

My mom was able to get into The Inn. I got a call from a wonderful woman who alerted me to the community and told me it was intimate, like going to your cousin's house, and I drove over to the property. I loved the location. It's in a beautiful, beautiful area of Metro Denver, and the property faces open space and a horse stable. One of the girls in marketing actually brought my mother a signed Bronco photograph, and she came over in the snow. They've been nothing short of wonderful in terms of how they treat us and our moving process. I find them very, very caring and very warm, and for somebody who was resistant, she seems to be settling in quite well.

The room is a large 1-bedroom with a very small den. She has a balcony looking out over the pastures. I actually saw deer grazing one day. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They're there on a regular basis. She has a nice-sized kitchen. She has a lovely bedroom. I think it's even larger than the one she had at her home. Very, very clean, neutral carpeting, neutral walls, very easy to decorate to, huge bathroom, full-sized fridge. It's like a nice apartment in an apartment complex.

People are all picky about food, but they have a new chef, and the quality of the food has really improved in the last month. I've had very good meals there when I've gone to join my mom. I think one of their chefs is a pastry chef, so everybody looks forward to dessert. They have a tremendous amount of activities. They have everything: bingo, movie nights. They're having a Mother's Day brunch this Saturday. They had a Kentucky Derby celebration. They have outings to restaurants. They keep very active. I asked about bridge, and they said they might start a bridge club just as we requested. My mom has always wanted to learn to play bridge.

I feel very, very happy with my placement. There are other homes that just feel like old folks' homes, but this one was very welcoming, and I feel very comfortable when I'm greeted at the door by their resident doggie. There's a flower garden that's been put in by one of the residents, and he's going to have a butterfly garden as soon as it's really warm enough to do that. I just feel very happy there. It was a great move. It's a small place, so I don't want to recommend it too much.

Jerry25 January 18, 2014

I am staying at Cranbrook and it has always been a clean place. The staff here is self-motivated and does an excellent job. The people who are managing Cranbrook are going through the transition. The company who bought it put in a manager that lasted about six or seven weeks. Then we go about two and a half or three months with no active management on the facility. Then they bought in a new manager who is in here about six weeks now. This lady has significant experience and quite honestly, she fits in like she's been here for thirty years. She steps in and takes care of a half-a-dozen minor things really quickly. This place has turned around a lot in the couple of weeks that she's been here.Quite honestly, the food service is which everybody thinks is adequate, has changed significantly. They got rid of the chef and the quality of the food has improved slightly. There is a turn-around in the quality of the cooking and the service.

Laurie3 April 25, 2012

We looked at a lot of facilities. When it comes to your parents, you want to be picky and not just stick them somewhere. Cranbrook had a nice little apartment area for my mom, where she could feel like it was her own. The food and meals seemed decent, they're not always wonderful, kind of like cafeteria food. We like that they actually check on her, knock on her door, make sure she's up and about and goes down for each meal, but it costs about $900 a month on top of rent.

They do have a medical staff right there which some of the other facilities didn't. They make sure she takes her medicine, otherwise I don't think she'd remember to take it. We do like that, but again that's a $350 a month charge, just to remind her to take her medication.

It's clean and she seems to like it. She is able to have her kitty cats, which is a plus. They are the loves of her life at the moment because she doesn't have anything else to love and hang on to.

They have afternoon snacks down in the bistro area. You can actually smell the cookies and popcorn right when you walk in. They have Bronco parties where they wear sweatshirts and everything.

Overall, other than the additional charges they seem to take care of her. Since day one she's been making new friends and that's been good for her. She's more positive about everything.

From The Inn at Greenwood Village

Nestled in the residential area of Greenwood Village with easy freeway access, The Inn at Greenwood Village is a warm, intimate senior living community with high-quality personalized care and an active service enriched lifestyle. The Inn is conveniently located adjacent to Orchard Hills Park, and easily accessible to local golf and country clubs, shops, restaurants and a variety of medical services.

Greenwood Village senior living at The Inn at Greenwood Village is as active and carefree as you desire. You can choose from a variety of social and educational opportunities while benefiting from our service enriched lifestyle. While you enjoy your gracious assisted living apartment home, our team of dedicated associates are committed to enriching your life and providing a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities; and the most attentive support and care, everything to make you feel at home.

Features of The Inn at Greenwood Village

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Sunroom, Theatre, Activities Center

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Financial guidance extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted - Medicaid Not Accepted
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits