The Woodlands at Furman

1500 Trailhead Court, Greenville, SC, 29617

Reviews of The Woodlands at Furman

Average Rating:

Anna Bella April 26, 2012

Even though this was our first experience with having to put a loved one in a assisted living facility, we all agree that everyone in our family has been scared emotionally forever. The advanced care facility for memory care is HORRIBLE. The treatment of the staff to the patients and the family boarders on abusive! It is very expensive and decorated well but it is unfortunate that the flowers in the gardens get more attention then your loved one. Most nights it is hard to sleep, as we wonder if she is all right. My advice to all is just becauce a facility charges over $200. a day and the facility looks pretty do NOT assume that your loved one will be well cared for. Look at every possible assisted living space. Take your time and educate yourself.

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. It has been and always will be top priority to provide the best care to our residents. We believe strongly in open communication and an open door policy when it comes to questions and concerns from our residents and their families and loved ones.

We couldn't agree more with your advice. Anyone searching for a community should consider many important factors when considering a move to a community, such as the quality of care, staffing levels, meal choices and variety of activities, plus the overall feel you get when you walk into a community. Since senior living communities are highly regulated by the state, a good place to start when comparing care and services is by reviewing annual state surveys.

If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, please call me as we're committed to being the community of choice for the Upstate.

Enaiya33 March 14, 2012

I visited this facility many times over the course of a few years while my grandmother stayed there. Above all the word I can use to describe it is quality. It is funny thinkIng back but I remember my grandmother would talk so much about how she enjoyed the food. I finally had a chance to experience it myself one day when she shared her meal with me as we watched cartoons. Even though I was a child I remember distinctly how kind the staff was to my grandmother. The most impressive thing to me was how beautiful the buildings were and the upkeep of the grounds. The first time we went to visit my father couldn't stop talking about how great the landscaping was. I think that contributes a lot to the overall feeling radiated by the facility. It may be the nostalgia looking back and remembering my grandmother but he genuinely seems so happy. Everytime we went to visit I just remember smiles and laughter. It means a lot to me that they were able to help furnish such fond memories.

Nicholas4500 July 26, 2011

My mother has been a resident at the Woodlands for several years now. Last year she transitioned from assisted care to memory care. It was a relatively easy transition and I was glad to have the opportunity to increase her level of care without moving to another facility.

From The Woodlands at Furman

The Woodlands at Furman is a retirement community located in Greenville, a growing city in the northwestern corner of South Carolina that has been recognized by CNNMoney.com as a great place to retire.

The Woodlands at Furman offers assisted living and continuing care services and lots of opportunities for residents to connect with students and faculty at a nearby university. From physical wellness to mental and emotional health to social engagement, Woodlands prides itself on helping residents enjoy long, healthy and active lives.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

The Woodlands at Furman serves residents who want to live independently as well as those who require assistance with day-to-day activities and those in need of memory care. Residents in the community’s independent living area of the community have 12 different floor plans from which to choose, including one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments. Each apartment includes a fully equipped kitchen, granite countertops, a washer and dryer, and an emergency response system.

For those who need help managing daily activities or issues related to their health, the Woodlands at Furman offers alcoves and one- and two-bedroom apartments for people who require assisted living services as well as private suites dedicated to residents in need of memory care.

All residents have access to a fitness center, spa, multi-media room, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, regular housekeeping and the outdoor areas of the Woodlands campus, which is full of trees, flowers and foliage.

HEALTHCARE

The Woodlands at Furman offers an array of health care services for seniors. Trained staff and nurses provide assistance and support to residents who need some help with day-to-day activities in the assisted living area. Residents living with dementia receive highly personalized care and access to geriatric doctors and nurses in the Memory Care Center. Residents who require long-term care are treated by a team of certified nurses.

Residents in need of more specialized medical treatment or emergency services also have access to the nearby Greenville Memorial Hospital, which offers specialized care in heart and vascular medicine, orthopedics, cancer and radiology.

HEALTH PROGRAMS

The staff at Woodlands is committed to a lifestyle program called “Masterpiece Living,” which is designed to help residents age with maximum health and happiness. The program offers residents opportunities to stimulate their bodies and minds; engage socially with their neighbors; set and achieve goals related to health, physical activity, and mental and emotional health; and participate in the surrounding community.

The Woodlands at Furman also offers residents a unique opportunity to keep their minds sharp thanks to a partnership with Furman University. The Woodlands Residents have access to the university's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, which provides opportunities for auditing classes and attending lectures.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

The Woodlands at Furman gives residents many opportunities to participate in activities and events throughout the year. Activities and events are designed to meet the goals of “Masterpiece Living,” so residents can paint, take music lessons, exercise, take excursions to nearby museums and theaters and join book clubs.

Features of The Woodlands at Furman