Payment

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Woodlands at Furman

As part of the Upstate's only Life Care retirement community,our quality health care continuum is a viable solution for short or long-term health needs. We offer all levels of care on site for existing residents in independent living, as well as seniors coming to the community for short- and long-term health care services with no entrance fee required, including assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and respite services. Locally owned and not for profit, The Woodlands is here to help your family plan for the unexpected, so you can enjoy today even more.

Reviews of The Woodlands at Furman

Posted by Can't please the system June 04, 2015
1.0

I currently have a long time friend at the Woodlands. He was put in Assisted Living because (I have heard several different stories) the Skilled Care that he needs was not available. This means he has to pay for round the clock caregivers. I was there this week and the bathroom was dirty (feces on the floor) and the carpet in his area was dirty. I spent time cleaning. The caregiver told me she only sits. She said she cannot do anything that my friend does not ask for. I asked her if he should need clothing changed due to an accident, how many days would pass before he is changed. She said he needs to be more independent. I told her he cannot due to his condition. She said, "Then he should be moved." I agreed with her on that. It is if he is being punished. He does not eat and no one helps him try. I made photos of the inside of the fridge where all of his containers of food are sitting because he did not eat. I pray he can be moved from there in a short time. I think his life has been shortened because of his stay there.

Posted by JRGREEN January 28, 2015
1.0

My mother has been a resident at the Woodlands on three separate occasions for short term rehab. The experience we encountered this time was horrendous. She was a patient there for 12 days and all of these incidences happened during this stay. Medications were not dispensed correctly, and in 1 instance not at all. She developed a bed sore while there and it was not called to my attention. Some members of the CNA staff members were down right rude and were told that they were not to come back in her room if they could not be nice to her. Test results were not revealed to me about a problem with her platelet count. Mom has congestive heart failure and was allowed to gain 2.8 lbs overnight but nothing was done. I called attention to her weight gain to the nurse on duty about the swelling in her legs. Nothing was done that day and had to call it to the attention of a different nurse again the next day where she finally received medical attention. She was allowed to wet the bed (3) times while waiting on assistance. Her platelet count dropped from 225 to 107 within a week and nothing was mentioned to me about a problem. Needless to say I am not happy with her treatment she received. She was allowed to get so weak that she literally could not raise her arms or legs or talk properly. At that point I had her transferred back to the hospital for treatment. This information was relayed to the Executive Director, Director of nursing, and other staff members. Hopefully something will be done to correct the numerous problems the Woodlands have.

Posted by Caring91967450 August 14, 2014
4.0

My mother was at The Woodlands at Furman. She was there for rehab. The actual facility seemed to be a little understaffed because it seemed like it would take a while to get somebody if you try to buzz for someone. The food was institution food. It was all right, though. My mother never went to the dining room. She took all her meals in her room. The staff was nice and helpful, but like I said, they were understaffed. The rooms were very nice though.

Posted by caring78033450 January 28, 2014
4.0

I liked Woodlands. It was much more expensive than the other places and the assisted living area was small. I didn’t like the painting of the rooms in the hallways which was a very pale blue. It gave it a very depressing look and it wasn’t a very cheery looking place. The facilities that they have for the assisted living section are fine. The food looks good but I didn’t eat there. They have activities and they had a schedule. The staff was very nice and she introduced me to some staff members. They were friendly and professional.

Posted by Anna Bella April 26, 2012
1.0

Even though this was our first experience with having to put a loved one in a assisted living facility, we all agree that everyone in our family has been scared emotionally forever. The advanced care facility for memory care is HORRIBLE. The treatment of the staff to the patients and the family boarders on abusive! It is very expensive and decorated well but it is unfortunate that the flowers in the gardens get more attention then your loved one. Most nights it is hard to sleep, as we wonder if she is all right. My advice to all is just becauce a facility charges over $200. a day and the facility looks pretty do NOT assume that your loved one will be well cared for. Look at every possible assisted living space. Take your time and educate yourself.

Posted by Enaiya33 March 14, 2012

I visited this facility many times over the course of a few years while my grandmother stayed there. Above all the word I can use to describe it is quality. It is funny thinkIng back but I remember my grandmother would talk so much about how she enjoyed the food. I finally had a chance to experience it myself one day when she shared her meal with me as we watched cartoons. Even though I was a child I remember distinctly how kind the staff was to my grandmother. The most impressive thing to me was how beautiful the buildings were and the upkeep of the grounds. The first time we went to visit my father couldn't stop talking about how great the landscaping was. I think that contributes a lot to the overall feeling radiated by the facility. It may be the nostalgia looking back and remembering my grandmother but he genuinely seems so happy. Everytime we went to visit I just remember smiles and laughter. It means a lot to me that they were able to help furnish such fond memories.

Posted by Nicholas4500 July 26, 2011
4.0

My mother has been a resident at the Woodlands for several years now. Last year she transitioned from assisted care to memory care. It was a relatively easy transition and I was glad to have the opportunity to increase her level of care without moving to another facility.

Location of The Woodlands at Furman

Features of The Woodlands at Furman

• Pharmacy

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.