Shepherd's Care Center

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Shepherd's Care Center

January 31, 2014

By Cathy32

I learned about Shepherd's Care from the mission that we worked for and was referred to me. My mom stayed there earlier last year. It's a very clean place. The meals are extremely tasteful and the staff are very caring. I like their rooms because it's very sunny and clean.

May 30, 2012

By Evelynn78

Shepherd's Care Assisted Living is one of the better known care centers in the Greenville Area. My grandfather and my family were initially attracted to Shepherd's Care because of its affiliation with Bob Jones University, an institution that my grandfather has long been involved with. The best part about Shepherd's Care was the commitment of community groups like Bob Jones to the social life of the community. They also were a dog-friendly facility, which was great for him. There was a daily Bob Jones hour as well as numerous church services and other activities. The residents seemed very cheerful and fulfilled socially for the most part. The dining facility was very nice and the food was about as good as I have seen or tasted. The staff was very gentle and supportive of my grandfather, who was having a very hard time adjusting to the place. However, due to understaffing or just the level of care my grandfather needed, he fell no less than 7 or 8 times while in his individual rooms. He had to leave Shepherd's Care after he broke his hip. I don't believe this was necessarily the fault of the staff, but it did color our experience there. One thing that is slightly unnerving about Shepherd's Care is that it has an institutional feel. It is a very old building (used to be a Shriner's Hospital) and it still smells and looks a bit like a hospital, especially when you leave the central area.

September 30, 2011

By S.B.1

Shepherd's Care Center in Greenville, South Carolina offers affordable assisted living. I regularly visited here for many years and took part in special activities with Alzheimer's patients living in this facility. The staff of Shepherd's Care realizes that each client is an individual with many different needs. They offer individual and even couple rooms. They offer affordable assisted living to families looking for a special place for their loved ones. They have a full time activity coordinator and keep the residence very busy and feeling young at heart here. I worked through their volunteer program and spent many hours enjoying socializing with the special residents of Shepherd's Care Center. The activity coordinator at that time was easy to work with in my scheduling also. There is licensed nurse supervision and nursing assistants. Dementia care for your loved ones are offered here as well. The place is spacious and clean. They offer 3 restaurant style meals daily plus snacks for the residence. It is conveniently located to a small shopping mall across the street with grocery store and other general stores as well.

About Shepherd's Care Center

Shepherd's Care Center is an assisted living facility in Greenville, SC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Shepherd's Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Shepherd's Care Center