Greenville Place

2006 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Reviews of Greenville Place

mar42 April 05, 2015

Save yourself countless headaches and sleepless nights that result from worrying about your loved ones and DO NOT put your loved one here! Greenville Place has one of the nicer floor plans out of several similar assisted living establishments in the area, but the director takes absolutely NO responsibility for the conduct of her employees. My grandmother has been a resident here for 7 years and has had several issues with two of the same employees regarding verbal abuse, threats, not being fed meals on time or at all, or not being administered her medicine, to name a just a few examples. When approached about this issue on multiple occasions, the director basically refuses to address the topic. Several Certified Nursing Assistants have quit their jobs here at Greenville Place due to altercations with these same two belligerent employees, and still the director refusing to address their conduct! For over $3,000 dollars a month, you would think your elderly grandmother would be in better hands. Absolutely disgusting. Avoid this place and its careless managers and employees at all costs.

Caring1453 March 31, 2015

I was so nervous about putting my loving grandmother in a home. I went to several other livings,but none of them didn't meet my expectations, until I went to Greenville Place. Right when I walked, I felt relieved. The atmosphere in the memory care building was very calming. I met with the program director of the memory care building, And she took me on a tour of the facility and showed me the rooms which were very nice and spacious. The staff I met were really nice and knowledgable in caring for the dementia and alzheimer's residents. I am so thankful that I visited here. I can finally have a peace of mind knowing that she will be well taken care of.

marlene v November 30, 2014

As an only child the heartbreaking realization that my momcould no longer live alone was almost unbearable for me. In the spring, I began my search for an assisted living and memory care facility that would meet my high expectations, Finding a homelike atmosphere with loving caregivers was my primary focus. After several months of unsatisfactory results, I visited Greenville Place. With fear and anxiety, my initial emotion upon entering Greenville Place was one of unexplainable peace. The administrative staff was extremely personable and compationate very patient with my ongoing questions. Finally, I found someone who understood my heart. After many sleepless nights, countless tears and ceaseless prayers, Greenvilleville Place became my mothers new home. I quickly learned that the CNAs were very dedicated, loving girls who tried very hard to make my moms transition as easy as possible.

as the days months and even years have gone by, our experience with Greenville Place continues to be a very positive one. The entire staff is considerably knowledgeable of seniors and dementia and sometimes bizarre behaviors that it can cause. Since I do spend alot of time at Greenville Place, I am very aware of the daily routines. The entire staff treats all residents with kindness, respect and dignity. If I do have a concern about moms medication or care, my questions are always answered promptly. They are family to my mom.

Leslie9813 November 16, 2014

Do NOT place anyone you care about in this facility. My grandmother lives here, and we often have to send family members to Greenville Place to ensure that she is receiving her meals & medications. The employees are not qualified to take care of the elderly, nor do they care about the residents. The employees spend the majority of their shifts talking on their cell phones or taking smoke breaks. The director of the facility is lazy and unwilling to address complaints. All we wanted was a good, safe place for my grandmother to spend her final years. It has caused my family nothing but stress. Never mind the "Southern charm" and "delightful wraparound porches" that they talk about in the facility description. The staff is absolutely HORRIBLE.

Caring87473050 June 27, 2014

We chose this Greenville Place because it's within our price range, and we were happy that it’s a smaller facility and she could get one-on-one attention. We love her room because it has a big bedroom with a nice view. It has a kitchenette and wheel-in bathroom and shower for her. The dining area is very nice. So far, we are happy with the facility.

Caring82318550 April 26, 2014

I did like Greenville Place. I would love to have my mother over there, but I can’t afford it right now. I thought that was a very caring place. Of all the places I’ve visited, I think that was the one I would pick for her. They have a caring and knowledgeable staff. They seemed very much interested in your loved ones. They took the time to meet with me and showed me different rooms. There are rooms that you have by yourself and some rooms shared. I met the executive director. She’s been there I think eight or nine years; that I liked because at my mom's place, too many people hadn’t been there too long. I did meet with their recreation director, and she seemed great. It’s very clean and very nice. I loved it.

caring6655 April 30, 2013

Everything's fine at the Greenville Place. We like it. They have very nice rooms. The food's good. The dining room is very clean and spacious too. The staff members are attentive and the facility is close to where we are. We're pretty satisfied with this facility's services.

Susan8 June 11, 2012

Care givers are caring and helpful in the Memory Care facilty but are not trained in how to care for dementia residents. They should be more educated in how to talk to them and direct them and activites more related to their level of dementia. None of the employess have ever been to classes or clinics on caring for dementia people. I thought that would be required. It would make their jobs easier. Also facitlity does not have back up generator and power went out and it caused big problems. I thought I had asked all the correct questions before placing my parent here. Make sure when you are looking for facility you ask if ALL caregivers are trained and how they are trained working with dementia residents and also- ask about generators- ha! You'd think that was a given. I was told only in skilled care is it required.

From Greenville Place

Live the high life in Greenville Place, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and myriad recreational and social opportunities await. Residents will feel the Southern charm of our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Greenville, South Carolina, with wrap-around porches and plenty of southern-style rockers providing the utmost in relaxation. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious - with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our multitude of ongoing programs, including baking and walking clubs and holiday-themed events, keep residents physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulated. Our friendly and professional staff members are available 24 hours a day and offer support services including housekeeping and laundry, medication reminders and special nutritional counseling. Our ideal location, approximately halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte, affords our residents plenty of options for dining, shopping, recreation and healthcare. And, with scheduled courtesy transportation to medical appointments and shopping destinations, our residents have the freedom to explore with the camaraderie to build lasting friendships.

Features of Greenville Place