Brookdale Southpointe Drive

23 Southpointe Drive, Greenville, SC, 29607

Reviews of Brookdale Southpointe Drive

Caring97915250 September 23, 2014

I liked the nurses at the Bellaire Place (Emeritus at Bellaire Place). The director was able to visit with me though it was a late visit. The nurse -- I think her name was Jackie -- was extremely nice and she made us feel really comfortable during the tour. The only thing that I didn't like wasthe age bracket. My mom was 53, but it seemed like most of them were 60 and older.

They had rooms that were connected with someone else's room. They had a game room and an activity room. I knew they had games. However, when I was there, they hadn't opened the Alzheimer's wing, so there were people walking around that kind of had memory issues and dementia. So, I thought the atmosphere seemed a little hectic. I would recommend them and I thought they would be good for someone who were older.

Nancy82829350 April 11, 2014

We toured Emeritus, and the rooms were real nice and clean. You can actually have a suite with a little sitting area. I liked the location. It had many dining areas, it had two or three floors, and they had big rooms. The lady who gave the tour was really nice. They told us they had different activities, and they had them posted on the bulletin, but we didn’t see it.

Caring77171550 March 29, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus for my mother. We liked everything we saw. It was extremely clean. The whole facility was extremely nice as well as the rooms, dining room, and the people. I didn't meet any of the staff at that time, but when we were introduced, they seemed very nice and capable. There's nothing that I could pick out from this place.

City January 23, 2014

I agree with doublescotch. Also, they paint a good picture to get that money coming in, then after they are in......they won't even read a doctor's orders or address a family that has very serious issues with their service. We are looking at new locations this week. All I can say is I wish we would have shopped around more. It is sad that people take advantage of the elderly and their family. And all these people speaking of their restaurant atmosphere.....try eating there. Even the juice is watered down, but I guess they think the residents don't notice.

Doublescotch52 December 10, 2013

I would not recommend this facility unless your parent is free from any disability, totally self-dependent and requires no assistance. They claim they can take care of elderly with disabilities with dementia but their solution is to keep them in their room. They also don't do a good job in assisting with hygiene, making sure they are eating properly, etc. if the resident needs it. We are still trying to get them to refund money after we parted ways and we gave them advance notice of termination of service. They, nor their corporate office return calls or written correspondence-months later. We are having to file complaints with BBB, Council on Aging and seek legal advice.

Trina3 June 19, 2013

My dad had friends staying at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. We had a pleasant visit there. I liked it that they had both independent and assisted living facilities. The place was clean and if I will make a decision to where he will go, I will say it's Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

Carol 2 May 29, 2013

My mom is going for a respite care at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. When I visited the place, the staff and the residents were very nice. Dining rooms look like a restaurant. Their security was good. The environment was very clean and very nice. I can see no problems placing my mom in their facility.

monkeyface1 October 30, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I entered the facility was how clean it was and how friendly the staff is. The tour we were given was very thorough, and it generally felt like the lady who was giving us the tour genuinely cared about my parents, which, given some of the other experiences we'd had, really put my mind at ease. The dining room area was set up like a real restaurant and didn't feel like a cafeteria at all. The staff was exceedingly friendly, patient and helpful. The amenities and facilities itself weren't the best we'd seen (though they were very nice), but it seemed like a very good place to live especially considering the price. The only bad part about this facility was that it was full and that, to move them in, we'd have to sign up on a waiting list. I would feel very comfortable with my parents living here.

Tina Smith June 27, 2012

When we needed to find an assisted living facility for one of my mom's friends we were lucky enough to discover Emeritus at Bellaire Place in Greenville, SC. This is within driving distance of our home in Charlotte, NC and Emeritus allows some pets to share the living quarters with their owners. This was a major concern because the woman has a 14 year old Yorkie named Bobo that she could not bear to part with. We have visited weekly during the past 3 months and were quietly surprised to find that this is a senior community that really does stand behind its promises of service, care and quality. The food always looks delicious and from personal experience I can tell you that it tastes as good as it looks. The staff members must surely be busy throughout the day but they take the time to give us updates and answer questions as much as possible. Sometimes we have to wait until they have a moment to spare but they have never made us feel as though we were unwelcome or intrusive. Our mom's friend is delighted with the care and assistance that is available around the clock, and Bobo seems to have settled in and made new friends as well. I guess their happiness and well-being says it all.

anonymousll June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

liamcamille May 16, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My husband's grandparents were both residents at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. His grandmother had mild Alzheimer's when she moved in, his grandfather had Parkinsons. The two of them were able to mostly live on their own, but as their diseases progressed, they needed more help. Emeritus at Bellaire Place was great. The facilities were always perfectly clean, the staff was always friendly. They frequently had events for the grandchildren of the residents, and so my husband's grandparents had a chance to show their great-grandchildren off to their friends. It was a tough decision, putting them in an assisted living facility, but we felt great about Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

From Brookdale Southpointe Drive

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Southpointe Drive