Brookdale Hawthorne Park

Overview of Ratings

3.8

September 30, 2014

By Miriam8

I liked the lobby at Emeritus Hawthorne where you come into a kind of setup that is like a little town with a bistro and that kind of thing, and a library, but I don't know if my mother would have been able to use any of that because of being in a locked facility. That was where one woman was very forward with the idea that she was allergic to cats -- and she was kind of afraid of them too -- so I knew that wouldn't work for my mother. The rooms were actually larger, but I just wasn't as comfortable with the staff.

September 27, 2014

There wasn't anything that really turned me off from the Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn; it was just that I didn't have that gut feeling that it was the place for my mother. The rooms were good, but not as large. Usually you can learn a lot about the place by talking to the residents, but the residents seemed very pleased and happy, and that is the one thing that stood out in my mind. They had a big bulletin board that has all their activities for the day. The environment was good and it was very well-groomed and well kept.

April 11, 2014

By Nancy82829350

I liked Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn; it was a smaller place, and it didn’t have as many people. From my tours and if my brother could afford it, that’s where he’d be. It was a beautiful place, and I was very impressed. The rooms are beautiful. They seem to have more stuff where they could get in there and do their own little thing. If they want to sit down and play checkers or chess they can, and they have library areas. The only thing I didn’t like is they have an area at the back where they can walk around, and it’s close to the highway.

November 27, 2013

Emeritus was one of my favorites. I liked the location, the condition, the amenities and the price was quite in line with most of them.

August 22, 2013

By Rey6

They were very friendly at Hawthorne, they had two of the residents eat lunch with us. It was a very nice facility, very clean and well kept.

August 01, 2013

By Amy12

It has two levels and we would prefer having everything on one level. Their dining room was spacious.

November 03, 2012

By Angela 1

Hawthorne Inn is in a nice secluded location. You wouldn't think it was there. It's a brick building, a wonderful infrastructure. It's nice and clean. The have a nice library-type area where they can go. They have an assisted living section and a memory care section. The rooms are nice and large. The only thing I didn't like when I went in, I was able to walk around the whole place and never saw a staff member and no one came to greet me, and no one was sitting at the front desk. But the director was very nice and very helpful.

March 16, 2012

By

I frequently visited this assisted living to visit a church friend. I will say that the place needed a lot of updating when I was visiting there. Carpet was outdated and stained. Tables and chairs in the dining rooms sometimes has food still stuck to it from previous meals. The memory care was a hit or miss when i would come in. It seemed to depend on who was working the unit that day as to whether it smelled and the residents looked cared for. I had a few times I spoke to their Kitchen manager about the food the residents were getting. I sensed a lot of attitude from her but I believe she no longer works there. There used to be a lot of things for the residents to participate in and that seems to have tapered in the last few years.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Features of Brookdale Hawthorne Park

About Brookdale Hawthorne Park

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Hawthorne Park