Brookdale Hawthorne Park

20 Hawthorne Park Court, Greenville, SC, 29615

Reviews of Brookdale Hawthorne Park

Caring104538650 March 31, 2015

We visited Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn. Its three stories and I think you can get lost easily in it because of the ways things are organized and that is the only drawback that I saw on that facility. The layout is a little bit confusing. Other than that, the staff was good. They have a fair amount of stuff going on. They have a library and they also play games. They also have people coming in for performances.

Laura48 December 22, 2014

My mother is now at Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn. Part of the reason why she chose this one was the food, but the day that we moved her in, they had changed their chef, and the food has been horrific. We have been very pleased with everything except she has lost quite a bit of weight in the three months that she has been there. She just doesn't like the food at all. One night they served them plain white rice with no gravy, no broth, no salt, no pepper, no nothing. It was just plain white rice and beets. Aside from that, we could not be happier. The facility is beautiful. Her room is beautiful. The medtechs there are great. We don't have any complaints about the staff, but we have complained to the administrator several times about the food. The food has been absolutely horrific. Regarding accommodation, my mother has the best room at Emeritus. It was actually their model room. It has a little kitchenette with a granite countertop. She has a beautiful room.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Sara17 October 25, 2014

We chose Emeritus as cost was our very base determiner and they have been great. The staff has been fantastic, very willing to work with me and keep me updated anytime if anything happens, they have just been fantastic. Rooms are clean and well-kept up. Food as far as I know is good, I have not actually eaten there though. I like best the staff and the way that they treated me when I call them. We were in a pretty serious situation and they were very supportive and helpful in finding a safe place for my mom to stay.

Miriam8 September 30, 2014

I liked the lobby at Emeritus Hawthorne where you come into a kind of setup that is like a little town with a bistro and that kind of thing, and a library, but I don't know if my mother would have been able to use any of that because of being in a locked facility. That was where one woman was very forward with the idea that she was allergic to cats -- and she was kind of afraid of them too -- so I knew that wouldn't work for my mother. The rooms were actually larger, but I just wasn't as comfortable with the staff.

Caring95123150 September 27, 2014

There wasn't anything that really turned me off from the Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn; it was just that I didn't have that gut feeling that it was the place for my mother. The rooms were good, but not as large. Usually you can learn a lot about the place by talking to the residents, but the residents seemed very pleased and happy, and that is the one thing that stood out in my mind. They had a big bulletin board that has all their activities for the day. The environment was good and it was very well-groomed and well kept.

Nancy82829350 April 11, 2014

I liked Emeritus at Hawthorne Inn; it was a smaller place, and it didn’t have as many people. From my tours and if my brother could afford it, that’s where he’d be. It was a beautiful place, and I was very impressed. The rooms are beautiful. They seem to have more stuff where they could get in there and do their own little thing. If they want to sit down and play checkers or chess they can, and they have library areas. The only thing I didn’t like is they have an area at the back where they can walk around, and it’s close to the highway.

Caring74227350 November 27, 2013

Emeritus was one of my favorites. I liked the location, the condition, the amenities and the price was quite in line with most of them.

Rey6 August 22, 2013

They were very friendly at Hawthorne, they had two of the residents eat lunch with us. It was a very nice facility, very clean and well kept.

Amy12 August 01, 2013

It has two levels and we would prefer having everything on one level. Their dining room was spacious.

Angela 1 November 03, 2012

Hawthorne Inn is in a nice secluded location. You wouldn't think it was there. It's a brick building, a wonderful infrastructure. It's nice and clean. The have a nice library-type area where they can go. They have an assisted living section and a memory care section. The rooms are nice and large. The only thing I didn't like when I went in, I was able to walk around the whole place and never saw a staff member and no one came to greet me, and no one was sitting at the front desk. But the director was very nice and very helpful.

People March 16, 2012

I frequently visited this assisted living to visit a church friend. I will say that the place needed a lot of updating when I was visiting there. Carpet was outdated and stained. Tables and chairs in the dining rooms sometimes has food still stuck to it from previous meals. The memory care was a hit or miss when i would come in. It seemed to depend on who was working the unit that day as to whether it smelled and the residents looked cared for. I had a few times I spoke to their Kitchen manager about the food the residents were getting. I sensed a lot of attitude from her but I believe she no longer works there. There used to be a lot of things for the residents to participate in and that seems to have tapered in the last few years.

From Brookdale Hawthorne Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Hawthorne Park