Morningview at Irving Park

3200 North Elm Street, Greensboro, NC, 27408

Reviews of Morningview at Irving Park

Alan19 February 17, 2015

There were two of them that we visited, and we were not as impressed with either one of them. Morningview at Irving Park did not seem to be as up-to-date, and they did not seem to be as clean. They didn't smell as good. So there were a number of issues there, and we were not impressed with them. The people seemed OK, but we weren't impressed with the facilities themselves. The rooms seemed OK. It was just the overall quality of the place that didn't seem to match up to what we have seen in the other place. They need to improve the quality of the facility, things being up-to-date, the smell, and the cleanliness. Those are the main issues.

Thank you for your recent visit and taking a moment to share your thoughts. We recognize that we fell short of your overall expectation, but are pleased that you found our rooms and staff satisfactory. We take the feedback of our guests seriously and have been able to use this information for a focused, continuous improvement plan specific to our environmental services. We hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us in the future and experience the positive changes within our community.

Raymond7 February 10, 2015

We were very impressed with Morningview including the friendliness, the cleanliness, and the menu. The food was very tasty and very appetizing. If my father-in-law had not chosen to move in with his son, it would've been the place we selected. The rooms were nice, cozy, comfortable, and seemed big. The staff was very helpful and patient with us and answered our questions.

Caring101480250 January 22, 2015

I would say the gentleman that I dealt with was very nice. He kind of indicated that he would go out of his way, but he never followed through in helping me find another place. Morningview at Irving Park was just too fancy for what my father wanted. It looked like a terrific place. Their rooms were actually smaller than the other facility I visited. As I recall, it was a very nice place, but it was more than what my father wanted. They have a community room and a dining room. I don't remember whether they have an exercise room or not, but they do have an activity program.

Caring8195 July 31, 2014

The thing that turned me off about Morningview was thatI did have a scheduled appointment and the person giving the tour evidently forgot about me; she was not there. But the receptionist was EXTREMELY helpful! She was trying to call someone for me but she couldn't get someone to do that. Ultimately, she decided she would just do it herself although that's not what she typically does. So she couldn't give me any hard figures and I didn't get all the information I did from the other places. But at least she took me around and told me her own personal experience because her husband was in memory care. I thought that was nice. It seemed like it was a much older facility. That place was a little gloomy. The layout was also a horseshoe design. I didn't care for the fact that the memory care was upstairs. All the rooms were a little bit average. I noticed that there was music playing and the residents were not moving around very much, but people were working with them.

Thank you for sharing your community experience perspective with us. We are pleased that you found our concierge to be extremely helpful! Our associates, guided by our Five Star Values are encouraged and empowered to own requests to help residents and guests in the event other managers are busy assisting other residents and guests. Although our concierge did not have access to hard figures, it is reassuring to have a testimonial from personal experience to the quality of care provided to our residents. Our layout appeals to many, but not to all and we understand personal preference. The additional security provided with having our secured memory care on the second floor is comforting to many. The one on one interaction of our staff and residents that you observed is a cornerstone of our programming. This aspect also allows for residents to age in place even if they become dependent on a wheelchair for mobility. We are proud to have more than one Five Star community in Greensboro that offers the same quality programming, but different floor plans and community layouts. We invite you to visit again and welcome the opportunity to provide you with all of the information you need, introducing you to our sister community, and to be a resource for finding just the right fit for your loved one. Thank you again for providing us with positive feedback and also areas of opportunity to improve.

Kyle Jones, Executive Director, Morningview at Irving Park

Caring82906050 June 23, 2014

Morningview is nice to look at outside and inside as well. They have different rooms, but the companion rooms are too small. The staff that I met was pleasant. We had lunch there, and it was nice. They had a calendar of activities in the hall.

Caring85153950 June 10, 2014

Morningview had a great environment. The people and the staff were both friendly. I was very pleased. The rooms were spacious and comfortable for the residents. I ate there and the food was good. They had a variety of activities from music, to games, to exercise, to celebrations like birthdays of the residents. They had walks. They had a beautiful outdoor gazebo area and courtyard for their patients. It was also very sunny.

Caring82672950 May 12, 2014

Morningview was right down the street. It was totally assisted living, but it was very nice. I thought that they had a really nice rehab type of deal. They were very nice, and they were animal friendly. I went down there with my mom, and we were going to have dinner, and the girl there was really cool. She said, "Your mom, she's like independent living." So, I didn't want to have dinner if she wasn’t going to go there.

Caring80614250 April 12, 2014

The people at Morningview are really friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They're willing to serve and attend to our needs. The rooms are quaint and inviting. They just kind of rolled out the red carpet and put their best foot forward. I think they're very reasonable as far as the price. They pretty much do all they can. They find innovative ways to integrate seniors who are reluctant to do activities. Everybody was just friendly and open. They're more willing to work with us price-wise. Their excitement and liveliness was incorporating and inviting. We really liked the fact that they were extremely friendly.

jimid June 09, 2013

Since my mother-in-law came to the Memory Care Unit at Morningview 30 days ago, my husband and I have been well pleased with the overall care and attention that she has received. Both the administrative staff and the medical caregivers have been attentive to her specific medical needs and general well being. The staff has quickly addressed our concerns for "mom" whenever we have asked them to do so. We are particularly pleased with the degree of flexibility shown by the staff in order to accommodate her condition. Mom is adjusting well as she is participating in various activities and enjoys telling us about the "good food". Although we are pleased with the entire staff at the facility, we would like to give special recognition and praise to the 3pm - 11pm shift as this is the "on-duty" staff at the time of our evening visits. Thanks...and may God richly bless and keep all of you!

caring4192 April 24, 2013

I've visited six facilities and the one that I was least impressed with was Morning View. The reception staff was excellent, but the director was not very helpful or attentive. I was just not impressed with the whole assisted living memory care because they all appeared the same to me, which is why I decided to keep mom at home. They could be nice places, but none of them meets the needs of my mom who has advanced Alzheimer's.

pennelee October 16, 2012

Definitely not a place you want to send your relative. Halls often had an odor, administration seems uninterested once the resident has entered the facility; very high staff turnover; food was below par. Additionally, there is no place for residents to socialize other than the front door where they all gather. Very poor design for residents. Our family member did not feel his needs were attended to when he called for assistance.

jksmith77 July 27, 2011

As I walked through the doors, I noticed that everything was quiet...very quiet actually. There was an elderly lady sitting at the receptionist's desk who politely asked if I needed help and I told her that I was there to consider volunteering for a couple of hours one day and I wanted to tour the facility. She was pleasantly surprised and said that she did not get too many people my age in there that wanted to help.

My first impressions were good. The outside of the building was clean and the people that I did meet were very cordial. The very front part of the inside was clean and the staff seemed pleasant. I am former US Army Counter-Intel so I pay attention to my surroundings more than other people. I notice things that other people do not even comprehend.

I spent two hours there and in the first 30 minutes, I noticed a worker getting agitated with a patient because she was being a little "overbearing". I was in the medical field for a while and I know what Dementia looks like and the patient had a severe case of it. It's not the patient's fault and the worker should know that. She never laid a hand on the patient or anything like that but you could tell that the verbal abuse was getting there.

I continued my walk and noticed that many of the elderly looked as if they were off in some far off place but some were having actual fun. A lot of the workers looked like the thoroughly enjoyed their jobs. One worker actually kissed a patient on the forehead. Another gave one a hug.

Soon afterwards it was my time to go. Overall I gave Morningview 4 out of 5 stars. I would have given them 5 if not for that one hiccup with the worker.

From Morningview at Irving Park

Morningview at Irving Park offers compassionate senior care in Greensboro, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningview at Irving Park shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Greensboro, NC.

Features of Morningview at Irving Park

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Deluxe studios with Courtyard entrances and a patio
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: We weekly, at a minimum, transport our Residents out to dine

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Chess, bridge, other special activities as requested by our Residents

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,190/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: yes

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Morningview at Irving Park