Brookdale Northwest Greensboro

5809 Old Oak Ridge Road, Greensboro, NC, 27410

Reviews of Brookdale Northwest Greensboro

December 27, 2013

Greensboro Manor is a very nice community. There are only 29 people there, so it's small. It's very clean and organized. The setup in the area that you walk into is very comfortable. The people that live there enjoy it and they say good things about it. The food is good, too.

May 03, 2013

By caring4192

I've visited Brookdale and they had lots of activities. They had a very attentive staff. It's one of the newest facilities, so there's nothing wrong with their rooms or anything like that. It just doesn't meet the needs of my mother. But if I needed to have someone go to a place, that would probably be one of the top places on my list.

June 14, 2012

By LD610

My grandmother was a resident here. While the facilities looked nice initially, the care she received was horrible. She was left in her room by herself for hours even though we had asked for assistance every 2 hours and they assured us they would do that. Several times we got there in the morning and she was soiled and disoriented. Her room wasn't kept clean and food would left in her room for hours. During the weekend, no supervisor was there and twice she fell. No one could ever tell us what happened. The last fall, she was taken to the hospital, where she died. When we returned to home to find out what happened, no one could tell us anything, although my grandmother had a black eye and large cut of her eye. If you have a loved one who needs care, please look elsewhere.

August 01, 2011

By jksmith77

Greensboro Manor looked like your typical rest home, outside and in. Everything looked so plain, even the staff. Most of them had not smiles on their faces and the patients walked around as if they were comatose. I am not sure if I just went on an off day but it was a very bleak Saturday for the most part. I started by walking through the front doors and seeing if I could get a tour which was rejected because there was no one to show me around which was fine I do understand that sometimes. So I sat back down and just waited for a few minutes to act like I was playing on my phone. I did this to pay attention to my surroundings. Most of the staff were going about their business and the patients were going about theirs. You could hear patients in the background yelling for whatever reason I am not sure but it cannot be good I am sure. I cannot recommend this facility based on this fact alone. I sat there for five minutes listening to a patient wail and I heard no caretakers at least raise their voice to get help. I am a former Army nurse and I know the in'a and out's of medicine and something just wasn't right.

July 31, 2011

By A.M.D.

My stepmother's grandmother was a resident at Greensboro Manor. I have to admit, up until she was admitted, I had never set foot in a residence home that I enjoyed. In my experience, facilities were often dreadfully dreary, with staff members that didn't seem to care one way or another about their patients.This was not the case with the Manor. Nanny, as we called her, had to be admitted after her second stroke, due to a loss of memory and motor function. The staff there was amazing, as far as taking care of Nanny while still leaving her the illusion of her independence. Their visitation policies were very pleasant, and they had a lovely little sitting room or a spacious courtyard in which to visit. We would stay for hours, and we rarely, if ever, felt pressured to leave by the staff. Nanny had a few more strokes before she finally passed away, and the staff was always right there to help her, and to contact my stepmother with updates to her condition. It was a relief knowing she was so well taken care of.The only negative aspect is the blandness of the interior. It has been my experience that patients do better when they are surrounded by pleasantries and optimism. I, personally, would have liked to see walls that weren't white, or at least some form of decoration. Around the holidays were always fine, but the hallways seemed painfully bland at other points during the year.All in all, I feel that the Manor is an excellent choice for an assisted living facility. I would recommend them to anyone.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Northwest Greensboro

About Brookdale Northwest Greensboro

Brookdale Northwest Greensboro provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Northwest Greensboro