Eskaton Village Grass Valley

625 Eskaton Circle, Grass Valley, CA, 95945

Reviews of Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Fran181252 June 15, 2016

Thank God we came to Eskaton Lodge in Grass Valley! It was Christmas. My husband was having trouble walking and I couldn’t handle alone. We signed up for a 3-month “respite” and settled into a lovely, spotless apartment where we could be together. I was still my husband’s caretaker but I had help when I needed it. Eskaton nurses connected with our doctor. They helped us call in PT & OT. We had wonderful meals, a comfortable bed, and were surrounded by cheerful, loving caregivers, and friendly residents. In spite of all the help, my husband continued to decline, but at least we were still together. We extended our stay past the 3 month respite period. When it was time the nurse called in hospice to make my husband comfortable, our family members arrived to say “good bye”, I was able to order lunch delivered to our room - for 12! And, Eskaton set tables together in the dining room so we could eat together. Thank you Eskaton for making a difficult time in our lives as smooth as possible.

Our heart goes out to your and your family.

JeanetteOCZVW May 11, 2016

I’ve moved my mom into Eskaton Village Grass Valley and am very happy with it. They have a medical staff that will administer her medications. She has her own apartment, so she can be left alone as much as she wants and still feels independent. She only calls when she needs assistance. Right now, she has been wanting to stay in her room and watch TV, so that’s better than trying to force her into a community situation where she is going to be depressed. I wish she would socialize, but the action is there, so when she wants to socialize at least it’s there. I like that she has her independence still and has her own space, apartment, and bathroom. I also like that they bring her meals to her room when she is not making it to the dining room. She has a little kitchenette, so if she wants something special, I could fix her something right there without bothering the kitchen. I think they’re great. It is a very well-organized business. The staff is very caring and impressive. This place really feels like it is there for its residents. It feels very homey and very comfortable.

Thank you Jeanette for the lovely review. The brilliant part of community living is that older adults can have their privacy and be social. Too often older loved ones become isolated in their own homes which can lead to a decline in health. Eskaton residents can choose to be social, or enjoy a quiet space of their own, and their independence remains intact without being isolated from the services they need to have a good quality of life. Thank you for choosing Eskaton.

Carolyn121939050 March 27, 2016

Eskaton Village was very nice, large, and clean. The rooms were much too large for my friend, as she doesn’t get around too well. It was newer and more modern, but it didn’t have a homey feeling. I rate it as a 5, but it just wasn't a good fit for my friend.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous114900350 November 08, 2015

Eskaton Village was actually the one that was most impressive to me for my mom. My mom really liked this facility. This was the one that she thought was the best, but it was a lot more expensive. They had a lot more to offer. Their rooms were similar to the other facility. The one difference was that the kitchens at Eskaton Village were full kitchens, and that was a nice feature. The staff was great both in the tours and follow-up phone calls. They're exceptional. Activities would be a 5 because they were the standard that I was looking at. They have art classes. The facility has a swimming pool, and they have aquatics program too. It was just top-of-the-mark. Also, it was in a secure location in the woods, and their food was great.

Anonymous. Son October 30, 2015

We liked Eskaton Village. If my parents both survive, they may end up here. The staff was nice and plenty of them giving lots of attention to residents. The small size of it was a plus. My parents’ friends were there, so they already have a favorable impression of it. My wife and I visited and we liked pretty much everything about it. The grounds were beautiful. They have an attentive staff and happy residents. Everything was clean and the apartments were nice. It was great and probably the best we've seen. They had organized activities and field trips.

Caring103801650 April 07, 2015

My relative is Eskaton Village Grass Valley. The staff is very professional, very well trained, and she is very much happier there than she was in the previous place. The apartments are beautiful and spacious. She is in a small apartment, but it is very comfortable for her needs. They have all manner of apartments available because some of the people there are not there for illness, but they are just there for retirement. So, there is a wide variety of people, activities, and rooms. It is just less focused on illness and more focused on activities and preserving memory and all that.

The food is excellent. The chef is wonderful. They have very fresh well prepared food. The activities are planned for different levels of ability. All of the staff people are professional in their chosen area. So, it is well planned and well designed. It is one of the nicest I have seen.

From Eskaton Village Grass Valley

Nestled in tree-covered hills, Eskaton Village Grass Valley (A Multiservice Retirement Community) meets the preferences of seniors seeking maintenance-free living in an historic foothill location. Eskaton Village Grass Valley is situated on 42 acres in a quiet residential area but within a short distance of medical, shopping and recreational resources. It is adjacent to the Litton Trail for those who enjoy extended walks. A shared boundary with the Nevada County campus of Sierra College provides easy access to educational opportunities. Several churches are close, and a golf course and tennis club are nearby.

Eskaton Village Grass Valley has 57 assisted living apartments that provide personal care and medication management as well as hospitality services (meals, housekeeping, laundry, etc.) Monthly fees are based on each individual's need for assistance.

Amenities and services include:
  • Apartments with kitchenettes featuring microwave oven and refrigerator
  • All meals provided
  • Three meals daily
  • Between-meal snacks
  • Physician-prescribed special diets
  • Licensed nurse (LVN) on staff
  • Professional dietary consultant on staff
  • Weekly housekeeping services
  • Linen and laundry services (excluding dry cleaning)
  • Assistance in planning and meeting medical and dental appointments
  • Social and recreational activities
  • Scheduled

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Features of Eskaton Village Grass Valley