Brookdale Grants Pass Village

1420 Redwood Circle, Grants Pass, OR, 97527

Reviews of Brookdale Grants Pass Village

Caring88807150 July 30, 2014

Emeritus at The Springs Campus was wonderful. To me it would be the perfect place for mom because she could get her hair done, they do bingo, and she would have her own little apartment where family members could come and spend a night with her. She can also have her dog with her. Everything that she would need is at this facility. Plus they also take them to outing and so I am really interested in mom going to this facility. We talked with a representative and she brought us all around the facility and she was very nice. We saw some people playing bingo and they looked like they are having fun. The place is very clean and very nice.

Caring90628550 July 30, 2014

Emeritus is very nice for an assisted living place. The staff is very caring, very polite, very knowledgeable of different diseases and disabilities. The rooms are very nice. The dining room is gorgeous. It's like a restaurant-type area, very elegant. The accessibility and the surroundings are nice for someone who's able to physically stay active and move around.

Concerned_Child June 23, 2014

While I hesitated at first to write a negative review and so held off after one incident after another that are all so disconcerting I am now taking a plan of action to not only find an immediate solution to protect my Parent bit to forewarn others. From the outside all looks wonderful and amazing.But it is quite another story. Our parent is in the Memory Care unit and it's absolutely aping what's going on behind the scene's. Our Parent has been victimized in more than way. The e tire room was furnished with beautiful linens art etc. ALL is gone. As is all clothing and personal affects. And i do mean ALL. When asked where they are there was a reply that they had no "recovery system". We had loaded our cars with so much new clothing furnishings and personal care items room accessories in and on. And another relative came with about $200 worth of basics clothing undergarments toiletries all gone as well. Everything had been one by one marked with name and room numbers with sharpie pens. And nothing is left. The food is not only pallatable it is almost impossible for the residents to even try to chew. Some have no teeth or dentures and concern is given whatsoever to that issue. And the food given and the lack of it as we've witnessed time and again is absolutely appalling. Sadly I suspect that not many family members have been there to stay long enough to witness the things we've been noting. Our Parent was found on more than one occasion sitting in unchanged depends and found the I skin raw. It sickens me and hurts me beyond belief that we trusted these people. And when we try to approach them as they so kindly encouraged us to do doing the preliminary meeting and Contract signing when trying to do so they woukd avoid is or not open their doors when we knocked. It's a nightmare. We are scrambling being out of the are and out of state to quickly find a solution as our Parent has also been diagnosed is ed with end stage cancer. Her medications are not as we told. Her health and weight and care plan are not being provided when asked. We are trying to get legal help as we are desperate especially given that there are quite literally weeks left of our Parents life. We just want our Parent to not suffer by the hands of those whom we entrusted their care. Our parent was injured after a worker roughly handled them which the failed to tell in the phone call I recieved. To only discover this a few days later. Please make sure to thoroughly check out facilities for the care of your relatives. Come at different times. Sit and observe. Watch and observe and listen to your instinct. We wish we had done so.

Rae1 April 02, 2014

I thought Emeritus was pretty nice. Everyone was very helpful. My dad's room was clean and seemed adequate for him. I've eaten there once with him, and it was pretty good. I know they go on little trips around the countryside. They take them to the casino, and they have card games. There's quite a bit going on, and my dad tries to do as much as he can.

Caring69009550 March 31, 2014

Emeritus is very nice. I'm very comfortable with it, it's clean and modern. They took my aunt immediately into an efficiency apartment because they didn't have one of the 1-bedrooms available, and so she is waiting for a 1-bedroom. It has plenty of room for her and they provided the furniture for her to fit in the 1-bed into the efficiency so she didn't even have to bring her furniture until she moved into the 1-bedroom. Other than meals, they monitor and administer all of her meds. They have all kinds of things, both there and off site. It's not home, I guess that's why I gave it a 4.

Jerry24 December 30, 2013

I visited three facilities and one of them was Emeritus at Spring Village. If I were to go in a facility today, that is where I would go. It’s a very nice place. I had built a good rapport with the manager. I had the chance to look at the rooms and the cottages and if I had to go today, that would be my choice. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Their price was reasonable. It’s also a quite facility away from any highway noise so that's very nice. The dining area was very good. While I was visiting they had a young man that was teaching tai-chi.

DD3 December 30, 2013

I kind of refer to Emeritus as my multi-million dollar home. There are about a hundred and sixty rooms in here and all the people are really nice people. This facility is independent but they have another facility that is assisted and they have memory care. Plus, they have about 25 to 30 cottages too. The staff is very nice. I live on my own, but they supply three meals a day and the food is too good. They have one main head chef and three or four more cooks. The only thing that I really don’t like about it is that they switch it over to a buffet. They use to serve all their meals out of the kitchen and the kitchen is only set up to serve only sixty or seventy people at the most. It is really small kitchen for a 160 people. So, they switch it over to a two entrée each meal and they do a buffet. They have the pasta separate from the meatballs and then they have asparagus and marinara sauce in the end. The food is warmer and it is not overcooked. You can just go right up there and eat what you want and you are done eating by 20 minutes after the hour. But there are also people that pay a lot of money to live here and they still like to be served, which they can still be served. But it just takes longer. To serve individually takes time and sometimes you have to wait for hours.

They have a pool table here. They have games and puzzles all day long. You can do all sorts of things here. Actually, it is $40 less cheaper for me to move in here and live than trying to live alone because I use to pay for the power and the food. For me, it works really well.

Caring1095 September 27, 2013

I was looking at Emeritus at Spring Valley and I find it excellent. The staff were overwhelming. They really attended the needs of the residents. The rooms were of various sizes and you can choose from a studio to a two bedroom apartment. I was also looking at cottages and that's the one that I preferred. They have multiple types of activities that would, at some point, please anybody that live there.

catlady4847 September 23, 2013

Emeritus at Spring Village was elegant. The facilities were top of the line. They had everything that you could possibly imagine there. They had gardens, activity rooms and a whirlpool. The rooms were smaller, but it had kitchen facilities with a small living area. It was elegant, clean and homey. They had an excellent dining facilities which bright, open and airy. The food was great. They also had a calendar with events that people could choose from. They had transportation to anywhere, back and forth. They had field trips and take people on expeditions.

Ellen9 July 24, 2013

Emeritus at The Springs Campus was closer to me and they had a memory care unit. The surroundings were beautiful as well as the facility itself. My mom had a beautiful room and the food was delicious too. The staff were excellent. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Brooke3 April 30, 2013

Emeritus was extremely clean. The halls were not cluttered and it's nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and they seem to get along with one another quite well. The food was great and the service was really good. The rooms are nice size and there is a variety so there's a selection. They have things going on all the time, like poker games. They have an exercise room and little hot tubs. They also provide continuing care. So if you get beyond the point of independent living, they also have a program where you can transfer to an assisted living.

Grandma T1 December 22, 2012

The interaction with the staff was for the most part good. The staff were nice to me and my family when we visited my grandmother. My grandmother never spoke ill of them. My grandmother lived on the second floor and every time I walked down the hall to her room I would see several pictures, but the one I clearly remember was of 6 or 7 ducklings in various positions. It always made me smile. Just down the hall from my grandmothers room was what they called the "Coca-Cola Room." The room was set up like and old school soda shop. We would often head to this room because with my four children and husband, her room got too small really fast. The facilities were always clean.

From Brookdale Grants Pass Village

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Grants Pass Village

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Grants Pass Village