Brookdale Grand Terrace

22325 Barton Road, Grand Terrace, CA, 92313

Reviews of Brookdale Grand Terrace

Caring106881950 July 29, 2015

We looked at Brookdale Grand Terrace (Formerly Emeritus at Grand Terrace). We liked most the attitude of the woman who gave us the tour. She was very helpful in answering all my dad's questions and showing him the advantages of being in the care home and the activities like bingo and cards. The apartments were beautiful, well designed, and functional, and it had a good flow to them. I like the place a lot, and it had a lot to offer.

Christine111436250 July 29, 2015

Brookdale Grand Terrace was good too, but I just like the other facility. It is a smaller place, which is probably OK for some people. The dining area was smaller, and the rooms were smaller, but the facility is in a good location. I talked to a staff there, and she was very helpful. However, they should have worked with me to get my father-in-law in. Also, they need better access around the building because some apartments that we looked at, their sliding door went onto dirt and some kind of a hill. My father-in-law is an amputee, and he has one leg; he would have rolled down the hill. It was not a nice back area. I would recommend Brookdale Grand Terrace, but the room that we looked at wasn't as nice as the one from the other facility.

Caring109062950 July 15, 2015

Brookdale Grand Terrace, being that it was an older facility, I felt was a little smaller. To me, I felt it should be renovated because the hallways were too narrow. I didn't feel it was wide enough for people with wheelchairs as well as people with walkers. There wasn't enough room to put a bench where they could rest if somebody is having a problem walking all the way down the hallway.

Caring107651050 June 21, 2015

I visited Brookdale Grand Terrace, and it seems clean. The staff seemed friendly, but I wasn’t really taken with the facility. It is basically a nicely size motel room, and I know my father would not be interested in it. She also took me upstairs in the memory ward, and that was nice; it seemed like they really had that situation under control. They seemed to be caring and secured environment, and from what I could see, it appeared very clean and cheerful; it was bright and airy.

Caring107092550 May 28, 2015

Everything is going so far so good at Brookdale Grand Terrace (Formerly Emeritus at Grand Terrace) for my mom. The staff was very helpful and very kind to us with giving information and following up. She has a studio type room.

Cathy106725950 May 13, 2015

We visited the Brookdale at Grand Terrace. The staff was great. The rooms are a little small, and that is the only thing that was kind of not going to work for us. It all came down to the room configuration because the setup came out as a little awkward. The community is very nice, and the staff is great. In all of the three Brookdale facilities, the staff came across as very caring. There was nothing against the staff, and it is just how they have setup the room.

Caring69505250 February 11, 2015

My mother-in-law complained about things being stolen. The service wasn't bad. The rooms were smaller, but she could look out into a park like settings where people go by. She would leave that room and go outside with me. But since she's had a heart attack, she just sits in her chair and listens to books on tape. I think the staff in Grand Terrace is a little bit nicer, but they are still understaffed just like the rest of them.

Caring95067150 November 19, 2014

I do have my dad in a place now called Emeritus at Grand Terrace. Their rooms/apartments are very nice. They're clean. They have three different sizes, and I was able to put my dad in a little studio. He says the food is good. He gets three square meals and snacks everyday. They have outings, and they have a visiting doctor. I have no complaints with the staff. They all seem pretty friendly.

Sandy6617 October 25, 2014

I am very impressed with Emeritus at Grand Terrace; it was a smaller one, but I was very impressed. It seems that I have been there several times. The rooms were not all the same, and the price was varied quite a bit. In addition to that, I felt like the food was definitely considering on whether or not you had medical problems or not, and they had a bar which is beautiful. The staff was extremely committed.

Caring100415450 October 16, 2014

We visited Emeritus. I really liked that place. The rooms and the Alzheimer's care area are really nice. They had arts and crafts. They had a TV. They had outside activities where they could go and sit in the sun. They had somebody with them all the time. The only thing that we couldn’t do there is afford it. I would have loved to have my mom there.

Caring63140050 July 31, 2014

Emeritus at Grand Terrace looked like a prison to me. I wouldn't go there. It is even more expensive than the place where my husband is in right now. They were ridiculously expensive. It was kind of dirty. I wouldn't put anybody in there. The staff were very nice. They were a little pushy, but I understand that. The facility itself was not nice. It looked like they had their Alzheimer's patients in a storage area. It was bad. They had twenty people in a room. I know they were in a secure area, but it was just scary.

Elaine4650 March 21, 2014

Emeritus at Grand Terrace was very nice. They seemed accommodating. They would take my brother and sister-in-law to doctor's appointments and things. It seems like they would have been a good fit. I think that they were adequate although I didn't think that they were special. The staff that I met was very friendly and knowledgeable. The dining area was a bit of a problem because it was a bit far. I just wasn't sure my sister-in-law would be able to walk that far with her walker.

Caring78647650 February 28, 2014

The facilities and the activities that Emeritus have for the seniors were all very nice. It's a nice setup and very spacious. The staff was nice and very positive. They try stuff to make them feel comfortable. They acknowledge them when they are walking and knew their names. They interact with them.

Caring72574650 October 15, 2013

Emeritus was very nice. I liked the dining room in particular and it had a nice open ceiling like a skylight, which gave it a warm and congenial atmosphere. The whole building was very nice. The staff was good. Their studio and one-bedroom units were small, but their two-bedroom units were adequate.

Paula16 September 26, 2013

We went to Emeritus at Grand Terrace and the feeling when we walked into it was more like a nursing home. The lobby area was dark and it really didn't have cheery atmosphere. Although the rooms were nice, the staff was nice, but it didn't have that atmosphere. I think they need to open the lobby and bring more light in and make it cheerier.

Don19 September 14, 2013

Emeritus at Grand Terrace was the facility where my father stayed because of the location, price and the convenience it offered to the family members. He had a studio room. The dining room was clean and comfortable. The food was not very good but it was not bad either. The staff were helpful, caring, friendly and they checked the residents periodically throughout the day. Overall, the place was above average and I would recommend it to others.

daughter18 September 14, 2013

Emeritus at Grand Terrace is nice. I would have put my dad there but it doesn't seem like they have many off-site activities. The reception area is not bad, but it is smaller and not as welcoming. If you can't afford some of the more expensive places, I would recommend this one. Overall, it is a fine place to be.

Barbara66834750 August 25, 2013

Dad's moving into Emeritus Grand Terrace. We choose it because of its price and the apartment. The price is good and the room is adequate. I like it also because it is a small community and not crowded. The staff treats the people very nicely and my dad seems happy there. The have adequate activities; they take them to town and their appointments.

mozleysmama August 23, 2013

I provide for my mother of 83+. She had a CHF event and I needed help providing a safe environment for her as my business increased to a level I was not able to care for here as needed; her needs were socialization, assistance with some daily living tasks, prepared meals, and someone near for help when needed. After I was provided the information from Caring.com, of a facility near me, I went online to the Emeritus site. Within a 24 hr. time frame I was contacted. The conversation was extremely pleasant, informative, understanding and they were very willing to meet all of my needs for mom. My decision for the Emeritus @ Grand Terrace, to be the facility for my mom, was based on their personable approach and locale, financial agreement and accommodating offering after I toured the campus. I found it perfect for my and my mom's needs. This facility may not be a lush as some, but the staff's attention and care brings one to feeling a sense of peace for their loved one while they reside there. It's kept clean, tidy, open to all - tenants and visitors, and one is always greeted with a smile and pleasant greeting. They have all kinds of offerings, programs, rooms, all of which are available to each resident. I would recommend Emeritus to anyone.

mare2 August 08, 2013

My Mom chose to live in the smallest room which was a remodeled half of a hotel room (this place is a remodeled hotel). The room was only 8*15feet, only wow enough for a twin bed, a two foot walk way and a shelf. They did not even provide a microwave. The entry was awkward to get a eagle through, especially while walking a dog.. And the exterior was not impressive either. They decorated the private patio by filling in the old hot tub, and it looked nicely card for, but during our stay we only saw the or for people. There is only one gathering room and it was very sparse for what they charged. Over all, obviously not impressed.

Caring696 July 12, 2013

I checked out Emeritus at Grand Terrace with a friend but it was too expensive for me. I have a limited income and that was a problem. However this facility is very nice. They provide three meals a day, a ride and everything. The facility itself is very clean. It is a square building with a garden on the inside so people would be protected if they were out in the yard. That area was beautiful. Their staff was very nice and friendly. They have all kinds of activities and nice programs for their residents. Also their food was excellent and you have a lot of choice. Their rooms were beautiful but small and that was kind of what turned us off. The room that we saw was just one room, it had its own bathroom, but it was not even a square room where one area you have the bed and the other area you have a couch and a TV.

Betty29 July 12, 2013

Emeritus at Grand Terrace was very nice. Their receiving area was very comfortable and inviting. I only saw it one time right after lunch and it seemed that the people were helping their residents back to their rooms. There seemed to be enough staff. However, it did not have the level of care that we needed for my father.

Erika1 June 28, 2013

The staff at Emeritus at Grand Terrace is nice. They take care of my dad, clean him up and feed him. The environment is also nice. My dad has his own room with his own kitchen and bathroom. They have bingo which he loves and other activities.

Marylou1 June 26, 2013

It was an older building and the hallways were not wide. But I like the people there. They were nice and kind. In their shared living facility, each person had their own bedroom and then in the middle was the living area and that was fabulous. The only problem was the doorway was not wide enough and my wheel chair couldn't go through.

Milka 1 April 26, 2013

Emeritus at Grand Terrace did have a locked down unit for Alzheimer's patients. They also have an activity room, and they provide transportation outside where they can do outside activities. When we were there and we toured around, we saw staff and we actually went down into the locked down facility because dad was there for a short period of time. It was fine.

Catsapien93 October 13, 2012

When I Visited the Emeritus at Grand Terrace's for a possible memory care placement for my Aunt, i was very pleased with the staff and genuine gestures. Not only was the Facility Very Orderly the area was very Beautiful and My Mother and I immediately felt comfortable in allowing My aunt to take part of this Facility. Though I have never been to any other assisted living facility I was still very impressed and did not expect such a positive environment. One of the most important things I noticed while attending the facility is how happy the residents were, and how well they were being attended for, it was a very comforting thing for me and my mother as well. Overall this facility went far past me and my mothers expectations and i feel as though Emeritus is a Fantastic senior living community, anyone looking for a senior living facility should definately join this one!

CalGal August 20, 2012

I have visited this facility twice for possible memory care placement for my mother. On both visits the staff and residents were very friendly. In the memory unit the staff was working with the residents on activities. There are many planned activities that are designed specifically for memory care residents. The staff and program focuses on working within the residents AD world rather than making them work in the staffs world. I was very impressed and plan to this facility for respite care and future placement.

SBSW July 24, 2012

This facility offers assisted living and independant living apartments, however I was there to visit someone in the memory care unit. When you enter the facility there is a person at a desk to answer questions or direct you as needed. I went upstairs to the memory unit to visit someone who was waiting for me in the common area. Since you're entering the memory unit you need a code to enter. This is a clean facility with many staff to attend to the patients. Very friendly and attentive staff throughout the facility. Smells good too. The person I visited has dementia and appeared clean, well fed and among others therefore not alone. I obsered staff administering medications in a systematic manner and music being played by another resident in the facility. A very nice place to reside.

shortfatone November 19, 2011

My mother is in a Memory Care Unit. I wish I would have had a more specific description of the care schedules, how much freedom residents have around in the resident rooms and areas. I went into this assuming a lot or just not thinking to ask. Even though it might seem a bit off-putting, staff need to clearly tell family that these dear patients likely no longer have typical boundaries. Know what's locked and what isn't. Label all belongings. Don't be surprised to find your loved one's glasses, clothing or jewelry on some other patient. It can happen. Think twice about leaving your loved one's hearing aids with them. If they can get along without them, it is better.

From Brookdale Grand Terrace

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Grand Terrace

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library