Sunrise of Cascade

3041 Charlevoix Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546

Reviews of Sunrise of Cascade

December 17, 2015

By Lori117333050

Sunrise of Cascade was high-priced, but it has a very homey atmosphere. The facility was very clean, and the rooms were very nice.

November 30, 2015

When we moved Mother into Sunrise of Cascade, we were very happy with the results up until my mother progressed into her dementia and got a little worse. After that, it seemed like the care there lessened. When she didn’t need as much care, it worked great. They have changed managers several times where people leave and other people come in, so I don’t know if that’s the reason. We expedited our move of her because they didn’t take Medicaid but also because of the things we’ve noticed. One problem we had was that when they did her laundry, it seemed like they were overloading the washing machine, and her clothes got holes in them. You could tell it was from a washing machine because it was the same type of hole; they didn’t seem too attentive to her things. I know that because of dementia, she would get other people’s things and vice versa, but I thought the misplacement and loss of her things was overboard.

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

April 16, 2015

By caregiving relative

We have had a family member in Sunrise for a number of years. The staff has always been available. My mother was in another facility and when she was sick I had to go each day and make sure she was getting cared for and given pills on time. That has never been the case at Sunrise. They communicate with the family and the resident. They have activities that are scheduled and they actually do them and interact with the residents. It has been nothing but a positive experience!

March 20, 2015

By Unsatified family member

Went there a few times to visit friends, and noticed a lot of the time they do not have enough staff to care for all the residents. They served the same soup for three days in a row, for the amount of money paid NOT ok.

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with further details. Thank you, Sunrise Team

November 28, 2014

By Sue94470650

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise. It has a very homey feeling to it. The rooms are in good size, and the cost is good as well. The staff is very good. They are very friendly and caring. The director is outstanding, and the sales person is very helpful as well. The food is very good. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. There is a garden pass that you can walk around. The facility is easy to get around because it is all on one floor. The other thing is, they have animals there. They have a resident cat and dog so it gives it a very homey feeling. It is not too close to the hospital, but it is maybe a 10 or 15-minute drive. They have activities. They have sing alongs, cocktail hours, and they have painting every week. I would recommend them to others.

May 29, 2014

By Caring85197650

I thought the environment at Sunrise was very good. The staff was good. I liked more that they had availability. They have private rooms and shared rooms in the price listing. Their dining rooms were smaller. The people could go into the kitchen, or they could have something anytime they wanted.

September 29, 2011

By VanderJere

I just have to say that I wasn't impressed. My sister was taking care of our mothers living arraingments. We all decided she needed to be in a nursing home. My sister just picked a facility without checking the details about it because she was in a hurry to get out of the situation of taking care of our mother. The staff wasn't very friendly. They were not rude but just real standoffish. They did not do a good job interreacting with the residents. It felt that they were just there for the money. There was nothing special about the facility or anything that really stood out. The residents did not appear to have many activities available to them. The general appearance of the facility was very drab and gloomy. I ended up taking my mom to another facility. I believe her overall health and apprearance were completely change by this move. I would not recommend this facility. To down and gloomy.

Photos of Sunrise of Cascade

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Cascade

• Pets: Small Pets

About Sunrise of Cascade

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Services and Care Options Offered at Sunrise of Cascade in Grand Rapids, MI: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care

Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent at Sunrise of Cascade is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Cascade