Lifehouse Whispering Woods

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Lifehouse Whispering Woods

June 25, 2015

By trust your instinct

My Mom has been here close to two years. If I had my way, she would have been gone a long ago. The facility is short staffed. The employees are overwhelmed and have given up. Very rarely will I see the same people on my weekly visits. There are times when there were no staff in the building. My mom is in building 8. Don't put your loved ones here.

May 13, 2015

By Klee53

I placed my mom there on the fall and now I'm desperate to move her six months later. Wish I could give zero stars. 1.. I have found stray pills in the room at least five times, including oxycodone which she does not take. They didn't give her two of her meds in March, and withheld another in April (could have been longer.) I haven't been able to get those medical records. More than $1,000 worth of her clothes and belongings have disappeared and they have lied about looking for and finding them. I went in a day after I was told three things had been found and none were there. None of the staff had seen them or had even been asked to look for them. They don't communicate with each other from one shift to the next. Mom went to the emergency room yesterday but today's workers didn't know! They do not help her maintain personal hygiene or make sure she changes her clothing every day. Today she was dressed in the same outfit for at least the third consecutive day. She also had her pajamas on underneath. She had no depends or panties on and her pants were filthy. She was wearing the same bra and socks for several days. Her hair is rarely combed and her clothes are often dirty. Her bed is never made up properly- no sheets, just a mattress pad and lightweight blanket. Not the quilt we bought before she went in.

March 10, 2014

By Fullofregret

Awful place. Regret ever placing my loved one here. Terrible care, thoughtless staff, sad place.

About Lifehouse Whispering Woods

The sun dapples your bay window as you peek over the edge of your favorite coffee cup. The laughter of friends mingles with the rhythm of a new day, as you watch the ponds turn richly golden against the natural wooded setting-Whispering Woods Assisted Living in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Levels of Care Provided:

• Independent Living with services
  • Assisted Living
  • Memory Care
  • RespiteREFRESH

Services and Amenities:

• MCAL quality award winning retirement communities
  • Private and Shared Accommodations available
  • Well-balanced meals
  • Social and recreational activities programs
  • Full service salon