Emerald Meadows

6117 Charlevoix Woods Ct., Grand Rapids, MI, 49546

Contact Now

Reviews of Emerald Meadows

Anonymous116238050 November 30, 2015

Emerald Meadows seemed very nice and clean but was considerably more per month and more luxurious than what my mother needed. It seemed like the menus were very good. We talked with the manager there who was very nice and very pleasant.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We’re very happy that you found our community luxurious — we want all our residents to be comfortable here. We’d love to help you find ways to cover the cost, Emerald Meadows works closely with area affordable housing agencies. Please contact us at (616) 954-2366 for more information.

Tyler5 October 28, 2015

The entire staff that I met at Emerald Meadows really wanted to be there; they enjoyed what they were doing. My mom is in a private room in the memory care component. They have two areas -- one was more assisted living and the other was memory care. Memory care just means a locked-down facility to me. The room is beautiful, and she has beautiful views. The room is quite large at about 260 sq. ft. She has a full bathroom in her room, and they did provide some furniture and could have provided more if we wanted, but we decided to do our own shopping. They are attentive to our needs and concerns. One of my biggest concerns was my mom’s acclimation moving from one facility here in Mexico to another in Grand Rapids, and I’ve heard all kinds of rumors that once somebody has full-blown dementia or Alzheimer’s, it is difficult for them to find some comfort. However, those rumors were really axed after two days. I felt she was completely engaged in the program, which was something new for me. I haven’t eaten there, although my sister has and she said the food was good.

Thanks so much for the great review! We’re so happy that your mom is comfortable here. Our memory care program is designed to keep people engaged — physically, mentally, and socially – and give their families peace of mind. If there’s anything else we can do to assist your family, please let me know!

Traci Guerre April 14, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My Grandmother has been at Emerald Meadows of Cascade for approximately 18 months, and I highly recommend it!! My family, as well as my Grandmother herself, could not be happier with the quality of people and care there! I am very impressed with the loving, Christian enviornment that Emerald Meadows has provided, and continues to provide day and night!

fred-1 May 20, 2008

My loved one stayed here

Emerald Meadows appears to be a beautiful facility. Until you allow your Family member to live there. My mother was there for over two years and many medication errors occured. They are never fully staffed, sometimes there are 2 resident aides to fourty people. The Administrator Kathy is very rude. She promised us the world and all we ever had was problems. Some of the staff are wonderful and my mother loved them but since the change in management it has went down hill... Please check out other facilities. You do get what you pay for.. The food is horrible and served cold. They have an activities director but they never do activities. My mother's shower days were tuesday and Friday, and she would call every week when she wouldn't get her Tuesday shower.

From Emerald Meadows

At Emerald Meadows, you have:

Care Options

Emerald Meadows offers a basic level of Assisted Living care, as well as two extended levels, giving you additional service options as your care needs change. Assisted Living provides the next level of help as a person’s care needs change, providing increased peace of mind for the whole family.

We offer special support for residents with Alzheimer’s or other memory impairments, providing peace of mind in the midst of what is often a stressful situation. If your family is facing an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, our enhanced Memory Support programs offer relief for caregivers and quality of life for the person with memory impairments. Trained staff learn as much as possible about each resident, in order to plan activities that will reawaken memories and engage residents physically, intellectually, and socially. On any given day, residents in our Memory Support program may be involved in creative arts, Bible studies, exercise, baking, singing, dancing and more.

Comprehensive pricing

Residents receive three meals a day, weekly housekeeping, weekly laundry service, chaplain services, 24-hour nursing assistance, and a variety of other services — all included in a single, predictable price.

Convenient Coziness

Emerald Meadows is located off 28th Street, nestled in a beautifully landscaped neighborhood — conveniently behind Walmart, yet off the beaten path.

Confidence

Emerald Meadows is owned and operated by Providence Life Services, a non-profit company with more than 50 years of healthcare excellence, so you have the confidence that we will be here — with you and for you — when you need us.

Little things can make a big difference. When people choose Emerald Meadows, they have round-the-clock access to a caring staff that can help them, and they also find a community of understanding friends.

Features of Emerald Meadows

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 10:1
  • Minimum age: 60

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Affiliations