Robbinswood Assisted Living

1125 Robbins Road, Grand Haven, MI, 49417

Reviews of Robbinswood Assisted Living

Caring101615950 March 31, 2015

My brother and his wife were in Robbinswood Assisted Living. They have nurses there, and they dispense their medications. They give them baths; they have 3 meals a day. They got treated well, and it was nice and clean. I went to visit twice a month, and they had activities also. They had bingo, sing-alongs, and parties.

Amy and the family of Bob Bonnell March 27, 2015

Hi Jolie,

I was thinking of you this week.

I hope you know, what a special individual you have and will continue to be, to our family.

Your knowledge, understanding of our Dad and our family; as well as the medical assistance, guiding us in the right direction, will always be highly regarded.

We thank you and Don, for staying with our Dad and our family…until the very end. You both showed that the individual, came first, in every decision you made regarding my Dad. That is amazing.

We thank both of you for being genuine people and business individuals. Thank you for the caring spirit and the human factor you always provided. It wasn’t about the business, but the human element. Robbinswood is so lucky to have the both of you and the amazing aids: Sonja, Jeff, Leslie, Andrea, Theresa and others just to name a few. The aids made Dad feel comfortable and special each day. Bless each of them.

I know my Dad would thank each of you with a handshake and a smile. Know that you made a difference in his life, and ours.

Tim Bonnell March 27, 2015

Robbinswood was a great value considering the outstanding care and attention my dad received given the cost of this facility. Dad formed personal relationships with most of the staff who went the extra mile when dad's care level increased.

Nancy A. Patterson February 17, 2015

Professional, attentive, always willing to listen and problem solve, caring, and compassionate. Everything one would expect from an assisted living facility. An absolute A+!

Candice2 July 22, 2014

The staff in Robbinswood was great and wonderful. They treated my dad with dignity. My dad met many friends and knew some of the people who lived there from kindergarten. He was very close to everybody. There was always something going on and he enjoyed it.

They answered my questions everytime. It was hard taking care of him from a long distance but they made it easier. Dad had a fracture in his hip so he went out for a rehab. He went back to Robbinswood and had his physical therapy there. Then, he had a heart attack in a hospital and ended up back in Robbinswood. I wanted to bring my dad in San Antonio but he said that Robbinswood was his home. He stayed there till the end of his life.

I just had his memorial service there last Saturday. The activities director Kathy, Joshua the assistant director, and the nurse manager Jolie all came in during their days off and helped with the memorial service. I remember my dad saying that he had the best two years of his life living there.

Joe from Oshtemo July 17, 2014

I am a Certified Financial Planner who recommended LT Care insurance for my mother in-law, noting it would cover assisted living. When it was clear Mom was not safe living alone, my wife and I were pleased to meet with the folks at Robbinswood. What a blessing that my potentially awkward position as advisor, revealed a place that was pleasing to Mom, my wife and me. Every interaction with management and staff has been so positive. The facility is not over-the-top, but is wonderful and well maintained.But mostly seeing Mom so HAPPY is the most we could ask for, at every visit.

Michele18 June 30, 2014

Wow! You have a truly remarkable staff. It starts from the top. Jolie, as a business owner for over 30 years, I believe I know the difference. Also, thank you for joining our family for the final celebration of my mother's remarkable life. Please let your staff know they will hold a special place in all of our hearts.

MargeP October 24, 2013

I was looking for a place for my Dad and wanted it to be his last move in life. I didnt want to have to move him because he ran out of money, or he needed more care or whatever. When I talked to Robbinswood, they said they would provide care until the end, and they did. Dad was there for almost 4 years when he took ill. After he became weak and frail, we put him on Hospice services right there. My Dad enjoyed life until the end in his apartment he loved and became his home. I am forever grateful to the staff there for their loving care and support through his last years. Thank you. MP

Mary Anne3 May 31, 2013

Robbinswood has a convenient location. I chose it for the level of care they can handle, cleanliness and affordability, the value of it was very good. They had a lot of nice activities, they play bingo, arts and crafts and they do beauty break which I think my mom enjoyed most of all. They paint their nails and there's a hair salon available for the residents. My mom had a semi-private room with a shared bathroom. The food is great. What I like best is their caring staff, they were friendly and knowledgeable.

Linda27 January 16, 2013

Hi Don,

Thanks for the great picture of Mom in her new room.

Thanks to your staff for taking such good care of her. She is doing so much better than she was when she was all alone. I heard some terrible stories on New Years Eve about other facilities. Robbinswood certainly is the best in my mind.

Keep up the great work. You are all appreciated so much!

Linda

Nancy24 November 28, 2012

We want to truly express heartfelt gratitude for the entire staff and administration at Robbinswood. You have all demonstrated what it is to honor and care for those who are not able to care for themselves independently with your amazing skills and compassion.

It has always been my hope to get my father and mother to Florida, near me. It has been probably the most challenging 6 months of my life, with all their medical and emotional issues and my inability to be there for them as I have always been. Robbinswood has done such a wonderful job of picking that up. All of this, coupled with my move and new job, as well as the stresses of life have been a challenge.

I continue to have so much heartfelt appreciation for Robbinswood. Thank you again!

bmckenna816 November 21, 2012

Robbinswood was very dull looking upon arrival. Everyone seemed listless and sad... can't really blame them, they were probably put there by uncaring children. My grandfather didn't have much to say about it, other than a hatred for the main nurse because she was "rough" with him once. There was a resident bunny that everyone seemed to love, I liked that aspect of it, it gave them something to do. Mealtime was pretty gross, food was mediocre. The nurses I met were warm and welcoming. There was a candy dish on the main floor with hershey's kisses in it. My grandpa passed away there after a couple of years, I don't really have anything bad to say about it, or good, it just was necessary. My mom thought it was a pretty good facility, but agreed with me that everyone just seemed very sad.

MidMichMan June 25, 2012

My experience with the Robbinswood Assisted Living facility has been absolutely wonderful and beyond anything that I could ever imagine. We moved my grandmother in after she was through with her rehabilitation stint at a nursing home and even though she did not initially want to go to an assisted living center, she moved in anyways. She has been there almost two years now and during our almost weekly visits, I continue to be impressed by the staff and the upkeep of the center. The staff and nurses are very nice and seem to go above and beyond what is expected of them which greatly increases my grandmother's stay and overall happiness. The building itself is older but has been renovated and more projects seem to begin every month whether it be new paint or changes in the front or the back gardens. The overall quality of Robbinswood is above and beyond what we expected to get for my grandmother and I cannot imagine having her in any other place right now.

Simms February 23, 2012

Robbinswood has been home to my Mother for over 4 years now. Mom says "the meals are home cooked and the best part about it is I don't have to do the dishes". The Nursing staff treats Mom with compassion and there extensive knowledge of Mom's health truly provides comfort to me knowing she is safe and well cared for. Mom loves the activities, her favorites are Walking Club in the Summer and Sit & Be Fit Exercising during the Winter months. I would recommend Robbinswood to anyone looking for excellent Assisted Living Care.

Trigger February 09, 2012

Rbbinswood is a affordable assisted living center with caring staff. RW helps Vets file for Aid and Attendance and assists residents with financial issues to including medicaid. If your looking for a loving and caring environment for a loved one, this is the plave.

From Robbinswood Assisted Living

Welcome to Robbinswood Assisted Living Community, where professional care and personal caring meet. We balance autonomy with supervision for each resident and work to make sure care extends beyond just health.

• Offering cost-effective quality care
  • Foster independence
  • Treat each resident with dignity and respect
  • Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Allow personal choice of care and lifestyle
  • Protecting the right to privacy
  • Nurturing the spirit of each resident
  • Involving family in the caregiving process
  • Providing a safe, residential environment
  • Be a valuable community asset

Robbinswood is designed, staffed and maintained to best meet the needs and desires of its residents. Security and independence, privacy and companionship, and physical and social well-being are the primary focus. Residents receive, as needed, supervision, personal care, and health care services that emphasize their right to control their lives. Robbinswood is in a country setting that provides personal care services, 24-hour supervision and assistance, activities and health-related services designed to: Minimize the need to relocate Accomodate residents' changing needs and preferences Maximize residents' dignity, autonomy, privacy, independence, choice, and safety Encourage family and community involvement

Features of Robbinswood Assisted Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: Michigan
  • State License(s): AH700319383

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Robbinswood Assisted Living