American House Grand Blanc Senior Living

12640 Holly Rd., Grand Blanc, MI, 48439

Reviews of American House Grand Blanc Senior Living

Justine1 July 29, 2015

We liked American House in Grand Blanc. It was very nice and welcoming. The staff seemed very helpful. They were able to answer all our questions. They made you feel very comfortable. It had a homey atmosphere, and my husband and I thought that was very nice. We met a couple of residents, and they looked happy. The lady that walked us through introduced us to them and told us of the kinds of activities and things they were going through. That was very nice. They had bingo, and they were celebrating birthdays. They were taking a group of them to one of the dollar stores in the area and to do some shopping. It was in a very nice neighborhood.

Dear Justine, Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. Our staff at Grand Blanc is delighted to hear they are doing such a great job! We are also very happy to know you felt at home and would be happy to have you become a part of our community. If there is anything else we can do for you and your husband, please feel free to call me directly. I can be reached at (810) 936-0326. Warm Regards, Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director

Caring106662850 May 05, 2015

The one place that I have been to was American House in Grand Blanc, Michigan. It was very nice, the people were very cordial as they took us on a tour, and my mom seemed to like it, but I don't think it's a place that my mom would live because I think she needs a little more help than what they allow. It is close to where I live, and it's in the community where I have lived for 35 years, so I am familiar with the community. A lot of the people that I work with had family there, and they had very good care, so I would rate it very highly.

Thank you for your feedback. American House Grand Blanc provides independent living with assistance - medical support is provided by a third party not affiliated with American House. Perhaps we can find an American House community that fits your mom's needs as well as ensuring its close to your current community. Please contact the corporate office if there's anything we can help with or if we can answer any questions. Samantha Pal, Director of Sales (248) 203-1800

Kim104516550 April 19, 2015

American House is a very nice place. My uncle has been in there for three months now and said the food is very good.

We're very happy to hear that your uncle is enjoying living at American House Grand Blanc! We take great pride in the restaurant-style dining we offer residents. Not to mention, we have a corporate food and beverage director who determines and selects the best menu options for all American House residents. If you or your uncle ever have any meal suggestions, please contact us! (810) 694-7300

Duane6 December 07, 2014

That’s more of a senior living; it’s not for assisted living if you need a lot of assistance. They have a cafeteria you can go to eat and a room you can live in. The rooms were fairly small, but there was enough room for a single person. They’ll help you take your pills; they don’t go much beyond that. It looks like it was really nice. We weren’t there that long. We saw what they offered and what was available and decided that wasn’t going to be the place, and we left.

American House communities offer varied levels of care to include independent living, assisted living, respite care, hospice care and memory care. If you’d like to give me a call, we can discuss your needs and what community would be a better fit for you.

Tiffany Giammarco, Executive Director 810-694-7300

Betty39 December 30, 2013

I am in an apartment at American House since February of this year. It is not very big, but it has a big size living room, a small compact kitchen, a nice bathroom with handicap facilities and a nice bedroom. The meals are furnished so I don't really do much cooking. During breakfast, you are on your own. But they serve dinner which is the biggest meal and supper. We also have menus for the food. I like all the staff. They have many activities. If you are able and can participate, they have many things going on throughout the week. I you have to live in a home like this, I recommend them highly because it is really a nice place and I enjoy here.

Wow, thank you for your high recommendation, Betty! We build our apartments to emphasize more "city-style" living with large common areas for gatherings and events. I'm thrilled you are enjoying living in our community, and it's extremely helpful for someone like you, who actually lives here, to share what it's really like here. If you ever need anything, don't forget my door is always open.

Sincerely, Amy Wallace Executive Director 810-694-7300

Kimberly3 May 29, 2013

The American House Grand Blanc Senior Living didn't seem to be community-oriented, but it appeared to be a clean and a homey facility. The staff were less friendly, less open, and I didn't see as much interaction between them and the patients.

I’m sorry you felt we aren’t very community-oriented here, when in fact we offer many opportunities at American House for interaction among residents and staff - including our American House Choir, Tigers games viewings and other sorts of daily enrichment programming. Our staff members truly care about all our residents here, and our main goal is to do whatever we can to make sure our residents are happy. Perhaps everyone was having some quiet time when you stopped by! Regardless, I’d like to invite to stop in and talk to me or give me a call — and I can take you on a full tour to show you around our community. Thanks for leaving your feedback, Kimberly3.

Sincerely, Amy Wallace, Executive Director 810-694-7300

Paul_Schultz July 06, 2012

My grandmother lives in American House in Grand Blanc. The facility is pleasant. The building is large and up to date with modern furnishings and elevators for those who were unable to navigate stairs, like my grandmother. It offers spacious and comfortable rooms for its residents as well. The workers are friendly and caring. They routinely check on the residents and seem genuinely interested in their lives. When my grandmother moved in they were very helpful in getting her room set up and furniture moved in. Medications are delivered on time and workers are well equipped to care for people with medical needs. The food is not as good as it could be but it still decent, it could use an upgrade though. If a resident doesn't wish to go to the dining room to eat the workers will deliver their meals to them. The parking lot could use some work though. It has cracks and bumps in the concrete that could be dangerous for those who are unable to walk well. Overall this facility is one of the better ones in the area. My grandmother seems to really like living there and I feel comfortable with her there.

Paul_Schultz: Thank you so much for giving us your feedback! We're glad your grandmother is enjoying all we have to offer at American House Grand Blanc. As you pointed out, our staff is wonderful and truly cares for our residents. If you or your grandmother ever needs anything, my door is always open.

Sincerely, Dawn Ehle, Executive Director 810-694-7300

From American House Grand Blanc Senior Living

Providing a superior senior living setting just off I-75 for the Genesee County community, American House Gand Blanc is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Grand Blanc, Flint, Holly, Fenton and Davison. American House Grand Blanc is also located close to hospitals including Genesys Regional Medical Center, McLaren Regional Medical Center, and Hurley Medical Center. Grand Blanc Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Grand Blanc Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, private baths, and patios. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, laundry center, library and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

Private Pay, VA, Additional Affordability Programs may be available

Property Amenities

• Dining Room
  • Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
  • Library
  • Sitting areas on each floor
  • Laundry Centers