The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community

January 26, 2016

By Judi13

The Groves was a nice facility, and so we decided to go with them. My mother’s been in there since December 1. They are really very nice, professional people. She is in a studio, so she has three closets, a bathroom, a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator and a microwave. She also has the bedroom, and the basic living area. It’s very spacious, and very nice. I think they had a one-bedroom or a two-bedroom, but she has a studio. It’s very nice for one person. She has a bed, a recliner, an easy chair, a little table and chair to eat on. There's also a buffet sort of thing that she has her TV on, a dresser, and an end table all in that main area. They have activities from about 9:30 AM until 6:00 PM; probably every two hours they have either Bingo or a movie. At 10:00 AM every morning they have some sort of exercise. Their dining area looks like a restaurant with a lot of lighting, and they have waiters that wait on you. They give you a menu, and you can eat from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM. They are always open so you can eat anytime you want. You can have breakfast all day long or sandwiches, soup, or salad all day long. Those things are always on the menu, and then each day they have three entrees that start from 11:30 to 7:00. You could pick one dish for lunch, the same thing for dinner, or you could choose a salad or something. We went there one time and ate with her, and I had Shrimp Alfredo while my husband had roasted chicken. Then they have at least four desserts like pie, cake, or whatever from 11:30 to 7:30 that you could have. They always have ice-cream, pudding, and fruits. It is a cool place. It’s like an all-inclusive resort.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback! We are glad to hear that your mother is enjoying The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community.

December 29, 2015

By Kelly B1

I personally liked The Groves. It was very clean and smelled clean, not old. They didn't have a time schedule for what time you can eat. This was the only place that had an open dining hall and a personal chef all day, so whenever anyone was ready to come down and eat, it was available to them. It was very accommodating for the elderly. The staff was absolutely beautiful. The residents were happy. Nobody was prompted to say or do anything. They were genuinely caring, nice people, and that was huge to me. They made the best impression ever. The manager that was there at the time helping the people was just amazing and kind. The people were absolutely incredible. Two of the older women invited me to come play bingo, and a guy said he's happy there and that it's a great place. They'll do everything they can to try to get people out of their rooms and be social. I like the fact that this place was mindful of people being in their rooms.

This feedback is wonderful to see! We are so glad to hear about your positive experience at The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community. It is very important for us to provide a social atmosphere with many opportunities and choices for residents.

March 20, 2015

I was at The Groves. They haven't opened yet when I was there. It is very nice, and it is also more expensive. I have visited the room and dining room, and both of them were nice. The staff is fine. She is good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate your feedback! Our community is getting ready to open and we'd love to invite you back to visit. Please reach out to us directly at any time.

January 17, 2015

By Kenya1

I visited The Groves at Goodyear. The staff was actually very professional. It was a very clean environment, and it exceeded my expectations. It was a two-story facility. It was a large facility. It was immaculate. They were still performing some of the works when I was there, but they were gracious enough to let me come in, have an interview, and do a tour. They hadn't officially opened, so I appreciate that they were very accommodating. Everything was handicapped accessible in all the rooms, which I thought was a plus. They had a hair salon, a theater, a balcony, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces; all the amenities were there that you could possibly think of. They have a game room. They had plenty for people to do at their leisure time. They had a bus that would take them to various activities and things around the community for free. On the first floor, they had a facility for people who were elderly and who had behavior issues like dementia and things of that nature. So, they would have their own area with their own staff. They had studio apartments, and it ranged from 340 to 473 square feet. The one bedroom was from 475 to 557 square feet. They had two bedrooms that ranged from 642 to 909 square feet. They had a kitchenette, a living room, two bathrooms, and a closet. It had 24-hour staff. It was secured and safe. It was pushed back a little bit from the street. There was traffic on all sides. However, the way that they did the building, you really don't hear the traffic, which really surprised me When you went into the rooms, you don't hear it at all. They had any time dining and weekly housekeeping.

Photos of The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community

Features of The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: #AL10080C

About The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community

The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community, is located in Goodyear, Arizona, close to golf, shopping and restaurants. Take advantage of comfortable living rooms and social meeting areas.

The community features local walking paths and landscaped grounds. Enjoy a daily activities program. Team members are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Map of The Groves, A Merrill Gardens Community