The Pines of Goodrich

8111 S State Rd, Goodrich, MI, 48438

Reviews of The Pines of Goodrich

Bev14 August 31, 2015

My father is in The Pines of Goodrich. We picked it because it's only a mile away from home. It's a new and beautiful facility, but I feel they cater more to people looking for a place because it is pretty. They don't give bad care, but for the $5000 a month that my mother pays for my dad to be there, I don't think he gets what we pay for. I looked at his teeth the other day -- especially on one side -- and they were dirty. They're supposed to take care of oral hygiene. When he was at the assisted living right across the parking lot, the girls took more pride in how they cared for their patients. Their rooms were always clean looking. Everything was picked up. That's not necessarily the case now. The rooms aren't dirty, but it's disheveled. They leave the lights on, and they leave the drawers open. When you pay that much, you expect everything to be topnotch, including the way that they care for the patient's housing. I want to see my dad in a place that's as clean and as well kept as my mom kept it. He's not getting bad care by any means, but sometimes he looks kind of frumpy. I'd look to see a little bit more one-on-one with the patients. He's got dementia, but he still interacts with you, and he can still talk. They do a few little things with them but nothing that I consider worthy of the money that my mom is paying to keep him there. Overall, I don't think that it's anything worth $5000. He got a little better care at the assisted living than he gets here. He was cleaner looking in terms of his clothing. Their housekeeping needs to be improved, and the one-on-one to patients might need to be improved a little bit. For that kind of money, it would be nice to see a little bit more care and regard for the patient that's in there.

Kathleen28 July 03, 2014

My mom is living at The Pines. I liked the people, the layout of the facility, and the price. It was very homey, and it didn’t feel like a nursing home. It’s an assisted living. It’s very comfortable, too. She has the same bedroom setup she had in her house. I was able to bring her furniture over if I wanted, or use what they have. The food seems to be just fine. It’s a little more relaxed, too. When you get up, they’ll find you something to eat. They do arts and crafts and some things outside. They have a garden area, so they have lots to do.

About The Pines of Goodrich

The Pines of Goodrich is an assisted living facility in Goodrich, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Pines of Goodrich for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Pines of Goodrich