The Pines of Goodrich

8111 S State Rd, Goodrich, MI, 48438

Reviews of The Pines of Goodrich

Barb35 December 14, 2015

My mother is at The Pines of Goodrich. The staff was very friendly and caring. When we go in there to visit my mom, they come out to greet us. They are always looking out for the residents. There aren't any apartments, only rooms because it's memory care. They each have a large window where you can put pictures or mementos to have something for the residents to feel at home there. The bathrooms are large and handicap accessible. Their dining room is set up with a number of square tables. They bring out the meals, and the meat is already cut for the residents, so they don’t have to worry about trying to cut it themselves.

Bev14 August 31, 2015

My father is in The Pines of Goodrich. We picked it because it's only a mile away from home. It's a new and beautiful facility, but I feel they cater more to people looking for a place because it is pretty. They don't give bad care, but for the $5000 a month that my mother pays for my dad to be there, I don't think he gets what we pay for. I looked at his teeth the other day -- especially on one side -- and they were dirty. They're supposed to take care of oral hygiene. When he was at the assisted living right across the parking lot, the girls took more pride in how they cared for their patients. Their rooms were always clean looking. Everything was picked up. That's not necessarily the case now. The rooms aren't dirty, but it's disheveled. They leave the lights on, and they leave the drawers open. When you pay that much, you expect everything to be topnotch, including the way that they care for the patient's housing. I want to see my dad in a place that's as clean and as well kept as my mom kept it. He's not getting bad care by any means, but sometimes he looks kind of frumpy. I'd look to see a little bit more one-on-one with the patients. He's got dementia, but he still interacts with you, and he can still talk. They do a few little things with them but nothing that I consider worthy of the money that my mom is paying to keep him there. Overall, I don't think that it's anything worth $5000. He got a little better care at the assisted living than he gets here. He was cleaner looking in terms of his clothing. Their housekeeping needs to be improved, and the one-on-one to patients might need to be improved a little bit. For that kind of money, it would be nice to see a little bit more care and regard for the patient that's in there.

Kathleen28 July 03, 2014

My mom is living at The Pines. I liked the people, the layout of the facility, and the price. It was very homey, and it didn’t feel like a nursing home. It’s an assisted living. It’s very comfortable, too. She has the same bedroom setup she had in her house. I was able to bring her furniture over if I wanted, or use what they have. The food seems to be just fine. It’s a little more relaxed, too. When you get up, they’ll find you something to eat. They do arts and crafts and some things outside. They have a garden area, so they have lots to do.

From The Pines of Goodrich

The Pines of Goodrich Assisted Living is a classic neighborhood style Assisted Living and Memory Care community designed and staffed to accommodate seniors who require help with daily activities. Our goal is to create a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for our residents, offering their loved one's peace of mind.

Accommodations

• Private suites.
  • We encourage residents to bring their own furniture to make a home-like environment; however, we have furnished rooms available to meet the needs of each resident.
  • Each residential suite and bathroom is equipped with an emergency call bell that alerts staff when a resident needs assistance, so help is always available 24/7.
  • State-of-the-art security system
  • Media and TV areas
  • Each residential room is equipped with phone jacks and cable TV hookups.

Dining

• Our community offers three healthy and delicious meals every day.
  • In addition to the three nutritious meals, the community offers healthy snacks throughout the day for those needing a little extra between scheduled meals.
  • Our spacious dining room is designed with a view of the kitchen.

Services

• Nurses direct Medication Management that includes Medication Ordering, supervision and assistance 24/7. Additionally, nurses coordinate care with physicians both on and offsite.
  • Nurses onsite and available 24/7.
  • Care Managers are specially trained in dementia care.
  • Trained professionals visit our community to provide services, alleviating long and tiresome trips to the doctor’s office.
  • Housekeeping services are provided weekly to ensure that our resident’s rooms are clean and neat.
  • Some families prefer to do laundry for their loved ones, but we offer laundry services to our residents. We will wash bath towels, personal items, and bed linens as needed and return them folded to each resident’s room.
  • The community has an on-site Barber/Beauty Salon for the hair care needs of all our residents, provided by a professional independent hair care specialist.

Our goal is to create a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for our residents and to offer their loved ones a peace of mind.

The living room at The Pines of Goodrich offers a beautiful fireplace where residents can gather to keep warm on chilly nights and to mingle with one another.

Features of The Pines of Goodrich

• Minimum Rate $4500/month
  • Minimum Memory Cost $4500/month

• Companion Suites We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Minimum Age 60
  • Pets Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses AL440295904