Sunrise of Golden Valley

4950 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN, 55422

Reviews of Sunrise of Golden Valley

June 10, 2016

By Jay422107

Sunrise of Golden Valley was a very homey and very comfortable senior home. All of the people were so friendly. One great thing was there was that there was a nine-year-old golden retriever as a greeter. Also, they bake cookies all day long, so the lobby smelled like cookies. It would be a year or so before we move in to a senior housing. When you were going from a condo, in our case, the rooms were small, but they were very comfortable, adequate, well kept up, and well maintained. There were variations, and we saw three different apartment units depending on how much you would want to pay. We saw their dining room, but we did not try their food. Although, when we left, they gave us a coffee cake to take home.

August 28, 2015

By Caring112362050

I was very impressed with my visit at Sunrise. They had a sign and a frame that said "Welcome," and it was nice to see that. The marketing manager was very personable, and you can tell he cares about the place and the people. He called everyone by their names. The rooms were nice, but they were a bit small. The view wasn’t spectacular because it was in a residential setting. They had activities, and they take the residents fishing during the summer. They do have a dog and cat, but the grandchildren of my dad have allergies to both dogs and cats.

February 11, 2015

Sunrise of Golden Valley felt like a home. They let the people garden, they had little pots to make something out of, and it gives them some reason to get up and see if their plants are growing. They order off a menu, and they have a very nice dining room. Everything was very clean and very welcoming, and the people were all very nice and wonderful. It seemed the people really liked it there.

February 28, 2014

By Arlyss1

I absolutely love Sunrise of Golden Valley; however, they didn't have that elderly waiver, e.g., as you run out of money, you can't stay there and go on. That was hard for us because we are guessing my mother would probably outlive her money and we don't want to move her again. Sunrise probably would have been our first pick because it is right there, it is accessible. We were there when they were under construction, but it looked like they were doing very well with re-routing their guests. They had a dog there. The residents, they all seemed to stop and know the guy that we were talking to. It just seemed a really friendly and really caring place. Each floor had its own little community. They had their own little table at the end of the floor. It seemed really small and quaint. It seemed more quiet and yet you could go into the bigger areas. The community we looked at had only like five or six little apartments on that floor and for somebody who is confused, it would be very easy to just live right there. We just really love that setting because we were thinking my mother was going into dementia state.

January 31, 2014

By Robin21

The people that worked at Sunrise of Golden Valley were awesome and the people that lived there are fabulous. The rooms are very nice; they are beautiful. It was just a very nice place to go to, but mom is just not ready to move yet.

May 29, 2013

By caring0508213

We just had a tour at Sunrise of Golden Valley and the place looks clean and well kept. It looks like a nice place.

November 07, 2012

By Lilyofthevalley1

My grandfather had Alzheimer's and dementia and lived in the memory care unit of Sunrise. I was impressed by how much thought and creativity was put into the design of the floor my grandfather lived on. It was beautifully decorated and had "memory centers" interspersed between the rooms. These included displays of clothing, products, music and photographs from the 1940s and 50s. Residents also had personalized frames by their rooms with letters and photos of family members to help jog their memories. The residents are encouraged to spend time outside their rooms in the common areas and the floor had a very comforting and welcoming atmosphere. All in all I was very impressed with Sunrise, and would absolutely recommend it- especially for anyone in need of memory care.

May 27, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

Based upon a friend's recommendation, we decided to consider the Sunrise of Golden Valley assisted living facility for our uncle. Golden Valley is a western suburb of Minneapolis off of Interstate 394 and Highways 55 and 100, so there is easy access from the surrounding areas. They have a great physical fitness center and schedule a variety of creative and social activities. The group list of trips and clubs looked interesting and included many of our uncle's interests. They provide monthly wellness nurse visits to monitor health which is important to us due to our uncle's diabetes. The private rooms have comfy seating areas with nice, big chairs, which our uncle really liked. Each room features temperature controls. The kitchenette is sufficient, however, there could be a little more counter space. Anyone who really likes to cook may find it awkward. The bedrooms all have nice sized windows with beautiful views. The bathrooms are a good size with ample counter space. The main socializing room has a cozy fireplace with plenty of outside light. There is also an outside deck overlooking the manicured grounds. The Colonial décor in the main dining room is warm and friendly with a communal feel and a lot of light from long, wide windows. Our uncle used to do a lot of cooking, so socializing over food is important to him. We used to have big family meals and we think he'll really enjoy this atmosphere. There is also a café area with smaller tables for casual dining, which is good for guests. It was also great to know that our uncle could have his cat live with him!

Photos of Sunrise of Golden Valley

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Golden Valley

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Sunrise of Golden Valley

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Golden Valley