Eskaton Lodge Gold River

11390 Coloma Road, Gold River, CA, 95670

Reviews of Eskaton Lodge Gold River

December 29, 2015

By David118459650

Eskaton Lodge Gold River was a very nice facility with very nice rooms and an extremely nice dining room. It's a newer facility and not very large. Also, the staff was very professional. They had a sing-along going on and other activities, like games.

December 23, 2015

By Shirley121152850

Lived here since Nov 2012. RCH’s, Med Techs, Nurses are all very caring and helpful. They try to make sure we are well and safe. The kitchen staff is very pleasant. We have food committee meetings once a month and our suggestions are well received. The improvement in the food and services are excellent. Our new administrator is the best we’ve had.

December 10, 2015

By Anonymous117190950

Eskaton Lodge was very nice but cost just a little more than I could afford. The people seemed to be OK. The rooms were very nice.

November 30, 2015

By Gretchen10

Eskaton was an older, small facility, but it had a good feel to it. The staff was very friendly. The food was OK.

November 30, 2015

By Bonnie Drumwright

Mom loves living at Eskaton Lodge Gold River. Everyone is kind and concerned about her. Her room is large and well appointed. All concerns are addressed promptly.

June 30, 2015

By CindySue

Our family has been very pleased with our decision to relocate Mom to Eskaton Lodge Gold River, Memory Care. We have been impressed with the high quality of the programs, the lovely facility, and the well-trained, caring staff. Everyone is helpful and friendly and so caring towards the residents. Mom especially loves the music performances, Kids Connection and the variety of activities throughout the day. The staff goes the extra mile to make life simpler for families. Services such as medical appointments, hair cuts, manicures, and pharmacy deliveries are available in-house. This alleviates many of the errands that we juggled in the past when Mom was at a different facility. At Eskaton Lodge Gold River we can enjoy our visits with her and not have to manage the appointment calendar or make pharmacy runs. It gives me peace of mind to know that Mom is receiving such high quality of care and that she is so content in her new home.

June 06, 2015

My mom is just being placed at Eskaton Lodge. We are very pleased so far. It is a very clean and very well-maintained facility. They have kind and caring staff from what we can see. We chose this facility because they have a new program that’s called Day Spring Program. Those people had a memory care diagnosis, but they don’t need full memory care yet. They had an intermediate placement where they provide memory care assistance. They are very early on kinds of things they need: reminders to change their clothes and help with their laundry, preparations, and activities that are memory-care based. They created an environment that’s a good middle for my mother before she needs full blown memory care. Everything seems good on the outside too.

June 05, 2015

By ScubaJere

When my mom became unable to live independently, we looked at many assisted living communities and ultimately chose Eskaton Lodge Gold River because of the location and the beautiful building -- but most of all because the staff there really cared about my mom and me. When we found out that Mom had cancer, I thought we would have to move her to a more intense level of care, but they not only wanted her to stay in her familiar surroundings, they went out of their way to make sure she was comfortable and helped me and my sisters through the hospice process. I highly recommend Eskaton Lodge Gold River.

December 09, 2014

By Nancy102743950

Eskaton Lodge has good activities that are going on daily. It keeps the people who are living there active and involved. They also have various activities that take the people in the community out of the area and take them to various shopping areas or music rooms. There are cultural goodies that are added in addition to just everyday living. The food was very good. I had lunch and dinner.

August 27, 2013

By cla1965

My dad has dementia and Alzheimer's; I was looking for a place for him. I visited Eskaton Lodge Gold River and it's a really nice place. They have a nice brunch and breakfast place. They have an independent level, a mid level and they have a place for people strictly with dementia. It's very clean and it's a very nice place. I like Eskaton Lodge Gold River.

July 06, 2013

By bob1972

I visit this facility offten and very time I am greeted with friendly staff, the nice elderly lady at the front dest was so nice and welcoming. The building is really clean, I always see somebody cleaning and I think they even have an indoor carpet cleaning professional in the building who takes care of the apartments on a daily basis! I recommend this place if your looking for a great place to call home!

July 02, 2013

By -Jay Bently

The professinoals at Gold River Eskaton are great! Mom would always tell us kids " I want to pass in my HOME, I am not going anywhere ". She has been a resident now for eighteen months and loves it. She has met new friends and neighbors. When I come to visit she hurry's me out the door because she is on her way to a event or a outing. The staff told me moving her in would be a PROCESS and they were right. But they took their time and gave the family " THE NEXT STEP IS" directions, five months later she move in. Thanks to all

December 08, 2012

By Amanda6

I used Eskaton Lodge for respite care for my mom. The food was very good and they serve any time of the day which was nice. The director was very, very nice. I really liked her. She toured me around. I like that they have companion rooms. My mom had a roommate and they stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment. They have their own bedroom, they share a living room and a kitchen area. They would encourage mom to play bingo or go sing-along and made her get out and do activities rather than just be in the room alone.

January 25, 2012

By Worriedfamily

Don't be fooled by the way this place looks. It looks very nice. The way this place is run is horrible. Management has lied to me about the care and complaints we filed. Med techs and nurses have no protocal and lost my moms medicine, didn't order refills on time. They have lost test results and not reported results to my mothers doctor. They would call me to go get her prescriptions picked up even though I live a 100 miles away. Never investigated a theft from my moms room. I had to call the CCL (california care licencing) and file a complaint. They found many violations. The investigation is still on going 4 months later. I do know they fired a lot of management. They just replaced them with staff from there corporate office who are no better. Always check with ombusman and CCL for complaints before you make a decision on where to place your relative. Food was pretty good in the begining but the food has gone down hill. Less choices, cut back hours you can eat, poor quality food, canned fruit!

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience; we have recently made a management change at the community and we encourage you to come by and have another look.

January 25, 2012

By ShcamAllyn

Everything seems wonderful here. The employees are mostly young, but seem to care about doing well at their job, if not the patients. I asked my grandmother if she is liking it here and she says she has fun. She is a big TV watcher so how hard can it be to make that work? I am concerned for her because I naturally don't trust these places. However, she is adamant that she likes it and the staff all seem really nice. I did take a trip down to the cafeteria and it seems like the food is pretty decent. 4 stars.

November 17, 2011

By gail1

I visited this facility twice. Each time I was impressed by the professionalism of the the staff. The facility was warm and inviting. I was impressed by its cleanliness.

Photos of Eskaton Lodge Gold River

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

About Eskaton Lodge Gold River

Eskaton Lodge Gold River offers a fresh approach to assisted living and memory care - one that supports the individually of each resident, while affording peace of mind to family members. The Lodge features 24/7 nursing, one-bedroom apartments with private baths, walk-in closets and kitchenettes. Common areas include a sunroom, library, entertainment room/theater, spa room and wellness center. This distinguishing service enables many residents to reside longer at the Lodge rather than relocating to a skilled nursing care center.

Residents especially enjoy the lush, meticulously manicured grounds with walking paths and multiple courtyards and visiting areas.

Nutrition and dining

• All-day, anytime dining (7 am - 7 pm)
  • New menu daily of savory meals
  • Breakfasts of fruits, breads, waffles, eggs, potatoes and hot beverages
  • Dinners with choice of two entrees, plus soup, vegetable and salad
  • Desserts to satisfy everyone's palette

Memory Care residents enjoy the intimacy of private or semi-private rooms, along with the benefits of the social atmosphere of the common living room, dining area, recreation room and courtyards. Additionally, creative sensory stimulation activities including arts and crafts, pet therapy, reminiscence, gardening, tea socials, exercise, outings and intergenerational connections are scheduled regularly - and often joined by family members and volunteers.

Now that you have a snapshot of the quality of living at Eskaton Lodge Gold River, we are available at your convenience to schedule a visit and to answer any questions.

Our community features Dayspring which is a pre-memory care community. This is for residents who are starting to show signs of memory loss and may be struggling in regular assisted living, but is not ready to go to memory care. Dayspring has all of the assisted qualities but has strong support for the memory impaired.

Map of Eskaton Lodge Gold River