Belmont Village Glenview

2200 Golf Road, Glenview, IL, 60025

Reviews of Belmont Village Glenview

August 17, 2014

By Frank25

Belmont Village seemed to be not as well staffed. It was a basic facility, i.e., they have a cafeteria there. I did see some of the rooms. They have either two people in a room or one and that determines the cost for the place. The rooms were adequate; however, I didn't particularly like that it was too cramped to get two people in a room. One person in a room though was great. I'm not overly impressed with the rooms. Most of them had TVs with very poor reception. The only thing my mom does when she is out of bed is watch TV, so that's kind of important. The staff was friendly and professional. They did have daily activities where they try to get the people together and do group activities, i.e., question and answer games and Jeopardy. Once in a while they will show them movie. The one thing I like best about this place is that it is close to where I live so that I would be able to see my mom.

April 26, 2014

Belmont Village of Glenview is small and very nice. So far so good. We didn’t have problems. Everyone is very friendly, always greets me. They call my mother by name. The server people are very attentive when my mother’s eating. The menus are very extensive and very good. She can choose whatever she wants to eat off the menu. They have a lot of activities- exercise class, Bible study, and all that kind of stuff, and she’s been participating in everything so far. It’s very clean; it doesn’t smell. I’m very satisfied and very happy that she’s socializing. The people there have been very nice.

February 28, 2014

Both my parents are settled at Belmont Village of Glenview. They moved there the 23rd of January. My dad chose this because of the location and because they have a formal memory care program. My mom has Alzheimer's and she is in their memory care. That's the most important thing. The facility is really nice; it is all good. The staff is very attentive and responsive. My parents are provided with meals everyday and the food is very good.

December 28, 2013

By Teri Ann

We visited Belmont Village of Glenview for my parents. We love this facility. The reason we liked it is because they would allow my parents to stay on the same room, but they have different programs like my mom can go to their circle of friends for memory care and my dad is independent. We also liked that they have an all-inclusive plan. They have a geriatrician staff and that is important and they have a licensed nurse staff 24 hours a day and these are important to us because of my mom. Their dining area is very nice and cozy. We looked at their menus and they are very healthy and they looked good with many choices. The rooms are kind of small, but their prices are very competitive.

October 11, 2013

By Tricia5

We love Belmont Village. Mom stayed there and she loved it. Everything was wonderful. I can't say enough about them.

October 30, 2012

By Tom10

I felt that the employees were hardworking individuals who were paid very little to do a thankless job. Also felt at times that more staff could've helped them out tremendously as it would with any facility. I though the residents were given the care and respect they deserved. The facility seemed well equipped with resources necessary to care for it's residents

June 29, 2012

By Joseph4

When my grandmother died a few years ago, my family decided that it would be best if my grandfather was placed in a assisted living facility. He has trouble getting around because of bad knees, hips, etc.We looked at a few locations around our home in Glenview. The Belmont Village of Glenview was by far the best choice. It was the closest (which helped considerably), and it was a very nice facility both inside and out. The exterior of the building had a very nice manicured look. There were plenty of trees and plants and it made it seem very peaceful. It almost had the look of a nice hotel. The inside was well furnished and comfortable. It seemed like a lot of care had been put into the decorating and this made it have a very relaxing look.The best part for my grandfather was that it was quiet and their was plenty of privacy when he wanted it. The biggest concern for him was that if he moved into a facility like this that he would never have any alone time and people would always be bothering him. Just from the visit alone we knew this would not be the case. It was a good choice for our family and I'm sure it would be for plenty of others as well.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

Belmont Village, a corporate chain with a few facilities in Illinois, provides a consistent and reputable product in upscale assisted living. The Glenview facility is located on a main road, geographically convenient for shopping, local hospitals, and businesses. It is located in a safe neighborhood, essentially in a business district. There is limited outdoor space and it is somewhat noisy due to the proximity to Golf Road, but residents and visitors are able to sit outdoors if they wish. The common areas in the building off nicely furnished, tastefully appointed sitting areas with varying degrees of privacy in multiple locations throughout the building, and most visitors choose to visit either in resident apartments or in one of the common areas, such as the bistro or the lobby area. The building, both the common area and the resident apartments, is always well maintained and in a neat and clean condition. Fixtures and furnishings both common areas and in resident rooms are somewhat upscale. Apartments are available in regular assisted living and also in differing dementia care programs that have the goal of being tailored to level of dementia the residents are afflicted with, so that residents are living on a care floor with others of similar functional level. Most apartments are private, single occupancy with a handful of shared or "companion" apartments available. The price points differ with the size of apartment and type of care, whether assisted living or dementia specific, the latter of which Belmont Village terms "Circle of Friends" and "Neighborhood". However, it is noted that there is not a seemingly endless list of a-la-carte add ons at Belmont Village, so the rate one is paying is not so difficult to figure out, and not so subject to fluctuation as at some other assisted livings. The food at Belmont Village is above average in presentation, quality, and taste, and almost always there is something on the menu for nearly everyone. While there is some modest turnover in direct care staff, it is no more than usual at other similar facilities. Most often there is enough staff to meet all resident needs, and care provided is consistently kind, caring and of high quality.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

Years ago, my friend and I were looking for places to volunteer at. My friend's grandmother was a resident here. We made a visit to her grandmother and decided to obtain further information. I first arrived and went into her room to talk and hang out for a bit. After that, I asked one of the staff members if they were accepting any volunteers. They were helpful and kind as to giving me the necessary information. I joined my friend, her grandmother and some of the other residents for a group activity. I had a lot of fun participating in this activity as everyone seemed upbeat and enthusiastic. I was pleasantly surprised. I never got to volunteer but I visited a few times after that. This is definitely a great facility with a great staff and residents.

May 13, 2011

By arjayeph

Visited this facility

This facilty has a very pleasant atmosphere. Well maintained with broad hallways and tastefully luxurious decor, the immediate and overall impression is that of a resort hotel, with a decidedly cheery and bright atmosphere. Though the location features special "memory care" sub-dvisions, they are not necessarily isolated from other residents. More highly functional "memory-challenged" individuals are part of the main population. The individual units are fairly generous, as is to be expected for this type of facility and this price range. The food was unremarkable, and the activity schedule seemed fairly typical as well, though the energy level seemed decidedly higher than one normally witnesses at such places. My one caveat, and our primary reason for passing over this facility, is that while the broad hallways and numerous "wings" made for a generally pleasant environment, we saw the design as being considerably problematic for early to median Alzheimer's patients (as was our mother when we looked here) to negotiate consistently without assistance. For those who are considerably more advanced in their dementia and would therefore receive regular guidance or be restricted, or for those still capable of consistently maintaining new memories, this is most certainly an option worth considering.

Photos of Belmont Village Glenview

Services & Amenities of Belmont Village Glenview

• Minimum Memory Cost: $7415/month

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Sheltered Care 0052084

About Belmont Village Glenview

Belmont Village of Glenview, Illinois is situated in the heart of a beautiful residential area. Our community is convenient to Old Orchard, the botanical gardens and many places of worship. There are also major medical centers and hospitals in close to the facility, including the new Glenview Senior Center.

Equally significant as Belmont's handy location is the fact that it was built to provide a higher standard of care for assisted living. Mature landscaping and generous grounds provide a variety of enjoyable outdoor areas and activities such as bocce ball and a three-hole golf course. Inside, residents enjoy Belmont's distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. And all residents are cared for by a stable and caring team of professionals who live in the local community.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming