LifeStream at Thunderbird

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of LifeStream at Thunderbird

December 30, 2015

By KeithA

My adopted mother lived here for about 8 months and they never made sure she brushed her teeth or recognized when something was wrong with her. She had pneumonia and a UTI and when we visited her we had to point out that she was not feeling well. The CNA's are very friendly but the lady that runs this place (Jody) is not very well liked by the employees and we found her extremely uncaring to our mother. Our mother ended up in the hospital before Thanksgiving and was transferred automatically to Lifestream's rehab (cook) and not the facility we wanted her to be in. We feel this is because they wanted to make sure my Mom never returned to their facility. Jody kicked her out just before Thanksgiving so we had to worry about my Mom being homeless at that time. My Mom is a very friendly lady and there is no reason for her to be treated like this. I think Jody has her ego to worry about and not the care of the elderly. Now my Mother is in a very nice facility and is able to thrive in there. They make sure her teeth are cleaned and make sure she is walking by herself (another problem with Lifestream) and she is so happy at her new Assisted Living Facility. She has a more positive atmosphere at the new place and I think that helps a lot. I believe everything happens for a reason and I am so glad it did happen this way. It was a total blessing. Lifestream was good when we first visited , it appears to be a great place but when you actually start dealing with the upper management (unavoidable ) it starts to fall apart. I think that if they replaced Jody (everything starts from the top) that it would have a chance of becoming a good place to live again. I had to contact an Attorney and advocate for my family because of all this and they had never heard of someone being treated the way my family was treated. I hope this helps for someone else that might be treated like this. I am sure we are not the only ones. I sure felt alone and helpless trying to deal with my Mom's situation when Jody was so cold and uncaring. Apparently she is the same way with the employees and with the trickle effect I would not recommended this place to anyone until Jody is replaced.

November 29, 2014

By Cindy102306150

Everyone is friendly, and the food is excellent.

November 04, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a 2 story facility with a well maintained buildings, grounds, and central courtyard. The buildings are in a square shape and courtyard in center with a beautiful mesquite tree, fountain, gazebo, walking paths, greenery, and patio. they have 60 assisted living 1 bedroom apartments with partial kitchens and 109 independent apartments. All include water,garbage service, utilities and cable.ll are handicapped equipped with emergency call system. They do have doctors who come in and on call. All caregivers are certified and they transport to appointments. The is very nice and caring. They offer linen and laundry service. They do three meals and snacks daily in the restaurant style dining room. The food is very good. They do lots of activities as bingo, birthday and theme parties, chair exercises, movie nights, arts and crafts,and other entertainment. They have a pool and spa in the courtyard.They go out shopping, to lunches, casinos, ball games, and other events. This is a very nice and friendly community. plus they have several sister facilities who do long term and skilled nursing so residents can transfer if necessary.

August 02, 2011

By leezee

While looking for various assisted living facilities for my mom, my sister and I visited two of the valley's Baptist Village facilities as they were both located fairly close to her house. We saw and spent several hours at Baptist Village Thunderbird. The building looked a little older but kept up nicely. The main lobby is huge with couches and seating and several staff members working the desk. One staff person was busy and didn't really seem to pay a whole lot of attention to people coming in but the other, a woman was very friendly, big smile. My sister and I both really liked the ""great room"" or recreational room. Enormous with tons of seating, lots of lighting, big windows and it seemed relatively active with residents. The dining area was also large and overlooked a big pool and patio area. Tons of full sized trees and really cute apartments. The apartments definitely gave the appearance of being private with a patio yet regardless of which apartment you go into, each seems to be close to all the centrally located things like dining, rec room, services, hair salon and main lobby. About 3 women were getting their hair done when my sister and I toured and they were all chatting, laughing about something. It reminded me a lot of a small town hair salon which seemed pretty cool. An inviting atmosphere, pretty friendly staff and from I learned during the tour, this facility is non profit. Prices seemed low comparable to many of the other facilities I visited yet they still claim to offer free laundry services and assisted living care plans. My sister and I both actually liked the facility, felt it was well run and kept clean and organized. Most of the residents did seem pretty able to care for most of their needs. Worth a short tour!

June 23, 2011

By Nonslid

From outside appearances the facility appears to be very institutional, however upon entering the lobby is was pleasant and staff & residents plus visitors were very friendly. It appears that the staff encourages visitors for the residents and goes the "extra mile" to make the visitor feel very important and welcome. There is coffee & tea for free for everyone whenever they wish to have some. The staff makes time to speak with family members and to listen to them. As much as possible this is done with the resident present so they input from the resident is also included. Plans are made to change or adjust any issues that may be addressed by the family &/or the resident. The rooms/apts are nicely furnished and clean. The resident may also decorate with his/her own personal belongings to make it more like "home". The atmosphere was busy but not stressful or rushed in any way. Residents could interrupt a staff member without the staff member being irritated or curt with the resident. While wondering about on my own several staff members inquired if they could help me in any way, even some residents inquired and spoke with me. The socialization was a high priority here.

Photos of LifeStream at Thunderbird

Services & Amenities of LifeStream at Thunderbird

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: Christian

• State Licenses: AL0028

About LifeStream at Thunderbird

LifeStream at Thunderbird is an assisted living facility in Glendale, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact LifeStream at Thunderbird for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of LifeStream at Thunderbird