LifeStream at Thunderbird

13617 North 55th Avenue, Glendale, AZ, 85304

Reviews of LifeStream at Thunderbird

leezee August 02, 2011

While looking for various assisted living facilities for my mom, my sister and I visited two of the valley's Baptist Village facilities as they were both located fairly close to her house.

We saw and spent several hours at Baptist Village Thunderbird. The building looked a little older but kept up nicely. The main lobby is huge with couches and seating and several staff members working the desk. One staff person was busy and didn't really seem to pay a whole lot of attention to people coming in but the other, a woman was very friendly, big smile.

My sister and I both really liked the ""great room"" or recreational room. Enormous with tons of seating, lots of lighting, big windows and it seemed relatively active with residents. The dining area was also large and overlooked a big pool and patio area. Tons of full sized trees and really cute apartments. The apartments definitely gave the appearance of being private with a patio yet regardless of which apartment you go into, each seems to be close to all the centrally located things like dining, rec room, services, hair salon and main lobby.

About 3 women were getting their hair done when my sister and I toured and they were all chatting, laughing about something. It reminded me a lot of a small town hair salon which seemed pretty cool.

An inviting atmosphere, pretty friendly staff and from I learned during the tour, this facility is non profit. Prices seemed low comparable to many of the other facilities I visited yet they still claim to offer free laundry services and assisted living care plans.

My sister and I both actually liked the facility, felt it was well run and kept clean and organized. Most of the residents did seem pretty able to care for most of their needs.

Worth a short tour!

Nonslid June 23, 2011

From outside appearances the facility appears to be very institutional, however upon entering the lobby is was pleasant and staff & residents plus visitors were very friendly. It appears that the staff encourages visitors for the residents and goes the "extra mile" to make the visitor feel very important and welcome. There is coffee & tea for free for everyone whenever they wish to have some. The staff makes time to speak with family members and to listen to them. As much as possible this is done with the resident present so they input from the resident is also included. Plans are made to change or adjust any issues that may be addressed by the family &/or the resident. The rooms/apts are nicely furnished and clean. The resident may also decorate with his/her own personal belongings to make it more like "home". The atmosphere was busy but not stressful or rushed in any way. Residents could interrupt a staff member without the staff member being irritated or curt with the resident. While wondering about on my own several staff members inquired if they could help me in any way, even some residents inquired and spoke with me. The socialization was a high priority here.

About LifeStream at Thunderbird

LifeStream at Thunderbird is an assisted living facility in Glendale, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact LifeStream at Thunderbird for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of LifeStream at Thunderbird

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Affiliations