Journeys at Thunderbird Senior Living Assisted Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Journeys at Thunderbird Senior Living | Assisted Living

January 08, 2015

By unhappy123

This is not a place for an elderly person to live that does not have direct supervision from family. They walk into your room unexpectedly and claim they got an emergency call from the room multiple times. Very Over Priced for small area to live never used kitchen in a year too hard to get around. They don't try to assist the people living there in difficult situations and many other things . Not worth the effort or half the price. Use to be much better 10 plus years ago.

October 16, 2014

Dad is in Thunderbird Retirement Resort. I like that it’s not the most expensive and fanciest place in the world, but it’s not the worst place either. They have activities. They have a dining room. They have transportation. They have doctors. The hospital is across the street.

September 30, 2014

Thunderbird Retirement Resort was fantastic. It was a beautiful facility The people were very nice. They would work with you. They took their time with the residents. They gave the residents some safety necklaces to push if there's an emergency. They do checks at night to make sure that the residents were inside. They placed a little magnet outside the door that told them they were inside for the night. If it wasn't there on a certain time, they will knock on the door. Then, if there was no response, they would enter to make sure that the clients were okay. The apartments were spacious. The grounds were very well manicured. They had walking trails, a pond, multiple shaded seated areas, a pool, and grills. It really was fantastic. We had lunch there and they had chef gourmet prepared meals. There were many choices and had lots of food that was nutritious and tasted good.

June 30, 2014

By Darrell3

Dad was set up in Thunderbird Retirement a couple of months ago. It's a nice place. It's not very affordable, but it's something within my means, and my dad is doing pretty well. The sanitation is very good. I've heard some complaints about the service. It always involves rookies or young people who don't really appreciate what's at hand. Other than that, I'm very satisfied. His room is excellent. It's clean, and it's almost brand new. The shower accessibility is excellent. I couldn't have asked for anything better. My dad doesn't participate in activities because he's got bad dementia. I like the location, the price, and they have Bayada that helps us with his care at a very good price. The food is excellent. I'm not satisfied with the cafeteria help and am not satisfied with the secondary help scheduling.

August 13, 2013

By Frequent Flyer

My parent lives in the Independent Living section but needs some assistance with several activities like bathing, and supervised walking. Generally the extra care (fee for service, in-house home care) provided is good and on time. When the regular providers (paid care workers thru the facilities' in-house home care agency) are not available, the new person is often reticent to jump right into the assigned tasks or untrained to do simple tasks like shaving. Also, they send new people to provide supervised walking all the time and the scheduled minutes are reduced to by 5-10 minutes without explanation. The Dining Room is outstanding and the food is portioned properly, menu choices and daily specials are plentiful and consistently prepared well. Overall the facility is maintained very well in the public areas, and the house repair staff is very responsive to requests for repair or replacement of equipment within individual apartments. Planned Activities are also plentiful, varied, advertised and promoted well and in effective places, and appeal to a wide variety of tastes and interests. Having regularly scheduled transportation in adapted buses, vans and vehicles to regular events and appointments is also readily available. Thunderbird is also very proactive about scheduling live performances or activities for residents to come together in big groups, i.e. dances, live concerts, etc., and their holiday decorations and activities are outstanding. They also schedule outside speakers for issues of interests specifically for seniors like Estate Planning, Advanced Directives, V.A. and Medicare/Medicaid benefits and program changes.

July 25, 2013

By Diana15

Thunderbird Retirement Resort can be assisted or independent living and I believe they now have a hospice area as well. The staff there was very good. The rooms in the ground were very nice. What I like about this community was the outdoors and the different areas that your place could look out at or you could sit and look at either little waterfalls or the pool. I also saw their dining room and it was pretty spacious. We ate lunch there and the food didn't taste tasty, but I do know they cook for people with medical issues, e.g., diabetes, etc.

June 12, 2013

By Tina10

I'm moving to Thunderbird Retirement Resort. It's an independent living facility with some extra assistance. You are not paying for the services you don't need, but only the ones that you do need. The services I included during my stay are housekeeping, help in taking showers, and someone would accompany me when I want to go places because my walking is not sound. They will also be handling my medicines. I chose this place because they waived their one-time community fee, which made it possible for me to get in there. The residents there have all good things to say about the place. The foods are also prepared by a chef with excellent credentials. He was a chef who worked in Hawaii for years before going to retirement facilities. He does all the cooking. This was very important to me.

Photos of Journeys at Thunderbird Senior Living

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Journeys at Thunderbird Senior Living

Journeys' program of care enhances the Physical, Intellectual, Spiritual, and Social aspects of our Residents’ life through creating a strong, family atmosphere. Our “Guides” provide relational care that focuses on what our Residents are capable of accomplishing and not on their limitations. Journeys Assisted Living and Memory Care is housed in three neighborhoods within the Thunderbird Senior Living Campus. Each neighborhood features a family-style setting that provides a nurturing environment with varied opportunities for interaction with our Guides and other Residents. The kitchen and dining area is a central element on each floor that is always open to help create a quality of life that is defined through positive and reassuring relationships. Regardless of which level of care is chosen, Journeys places a high value on each Resident's freedom, dignity, and their relationships with those around them. Journeys is a place where everyone knows your name – you to wake up when you want to, eat when you want to, and spend your day doing the things you enjoy best.

Map of Journeys at Thunderbird Senior Living