Glen Mills Senior Living

242 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA, 19342

Reviews of Glen Mills Senior Living

Kathy110860850 July 15, 2015

Glen Mills Senior Living was very good. The staff was great, and the rooms were great as well. The amenities were awesome. It was less expensive. They were really sweet and very nice people.

Fran's niece June 19, 2015

My Aunt was a resident there for less than a month, after Glen Mills determined that they could provide the amount of support she required. After three weeks of living there, my Aunt was rushed to the local hospital in respiratory distress and diagnosed with both flu and pneumonia that the medical staff at the Glen Mills facility were not aware of. She died five days later. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Human Services Licensing just concluded their investigation and found the facility negligent in the care of my Aunt. We are considering legal action.

I would not even give this facility one star.

knitmom December 04, 2013

My mother-in-law has been a resident of this facility for over 2 years. We live very close to the facility and "drop-in" daily for unaanounced visits. We are always greeted by friendly staff who personally know the needs/likes/concerns of our family member. The dining staff greet our family member by name, engage in conversation with her and always welcome us to sit and have a treat at the table. The room is always clean, laundry is done efficiently, maintenance responds quickly to needs and free transportation is provided to medical visits. Activities are always offered and family events are planned. The personal assistant is extremely kind and through when dealing with the needs of my mother-in-law. I often tell people that "compassion and caring" are two qualities that can not be faked! The staff at Glen Mills are not faking...they are kind and compassionate!

Disappointed and discouraged November 15, 2013

They are often under staffed. The administration is not personable. They don't give enough at meals and they are under cooked. The chicken is punk. The aides are nice but overwhelmed. They give hope and then take it away. They advertise activities and often do not happen.

My name is Suzanne Piechotta and I am the Executive Director at Glen Mills Senior Living. I am extremely proud of the community that I manage and I am sad to learn of your experience. Our daily activity programs are developed with our residents in mind and the residents themselves provide input for the programming they wish to have provided at Glen Mills. Our "All Day" dining program provides our residents with an availability to dine between the hours of 7:30 am till 6:30 pm. Residents can come in at any time and choose from the wide selection of choices along with the portion size they wish to eat. I hope you would find our community and our team members to be attentive to all needs and to be the professional support you would expect from Glen Mills Senior Living. I invite you to visit us at Glen Mills again so I can address your concerns in person. My phone number is (610) 358-4900. Thank you,

Suzanne Piechotta, Executive Director - Glen Mills Senior Living

Caring69844950 October 11, 2013

Glen Mills was nice, very attractive and the apartment looked lovely, bright and cheery. The people seemed very pleasant. However, it was too close to the main highway. My sister-in-law does not like driving and the sound of traffic. They had a special treat they call their apple cake and as we left, the lady gave us each a little box of apple cakes and that was very nice but the traffic overruled it. I like the facility a lot but it's old-fashioned and it has plants hanging around the porch, roof and people sitting out on the porch seemingly enjoying themselves. I'd give them a high rating except for the fact that I don't know what their food was like.

Christine Z August 28, 2013

I would highly recommend this place for your loved one. Staff are very friendly, the place is beautiful & clean. My mom has been there for 6 months, she is very happy there.

SUZZang March 30, 2012

My parents are receiving excellent care and I am very pleased with the attentiveness of the staff

From Glen Mills Senior Living

Glen Mills Senior Living offers compassionate senior care in Glen Mills, PA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Glen Mills Senior Living shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Glen Mills, PA.

Features of Glen Mills Senior Living