Glen Mills Senior Living

242 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA, 19342

Reviews of Glen Mills Senior Living

May 17, 2016

By RebeccaJBEGG

I visited Glen Mills and it seemed nice enough, but what put me off is that the person who was showing me around ignored all the residents, so I thought this would not be a good place. We walked by people in the hall sitting in wheelchairs, and she took me into the dining room where people were eating, and not only did she ignore those people, but she even ignored the waitress. She didn't say hello to any of the residents, not one. I was thinking to myself "Well, maybe she's new and she doesn't know their names. Maybe she feels awkward," so I asked her, "Do you know most of the residents here by name?" and she said "Oh yeah, we're like a big family," and I was thinking to myself "Whoa, really? You just always walk by your family and not ever say hello to them?" So, that place was a big no-no. I don't want my family to be in there and ignored all day. I saw the rooms, but I was just so put off. They're smaller apartments but nice enough. I really couldn't get past the woman who ignored everyone. The parking lot and the building were well maintained. I didn't get a tour of the outside areas. They had exercise and games. I think they had an area where residents can go anytime and get drinks and snacks. The rest of the staff could be wonderful, and it could just be that one lady. The place could be as beautiful as anything, but if the people don't have the right attitude, then you don't want your loved one in there.

Thank you so much for your input. Glen Mills Senior Living and all of Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver quality care to all of our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and care. We would love to invite you over for another tour and chat about your concerns over exquisite lunch prepared by our fine dining team. We wish to showcase how striking, flourishing and thriving our community really is, please schedule it at https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities

September 11, 2015

By Very unsatisfied1940

The staff is overworked. They hurt my aunt while moving her. Instead of following up, she was forced to leave. They say they can handle wheelchairs and transfers, but do not. They take your money, but do not provide care. She also had money and items stolen from her room. We had to put a bell so she would wake up if someone entered her room.

We would like to apologize for your Aunt’s experience at Glen Mills. We take great pride in our quality of service, hospitality, care, and safety of our residents. Glen Mills responds to every complaint individually, and appreciate your feedback so we can find ways to strive to do better. By putting people first every day, we ensure that our residents, families, and team members are our number one priority. The team at Glen Mills is investigating the issue.

July 15, 2015

By Kathy110860850

Glen Mills Senior Living was very good. The staff was great, and the rooms were great as well. The amenities were awesome. It was less expensive. They were really sweet and very nice people.

June 19, 2015

By Fran's niece

My Aunt was a resident there for less than a month, after Glen Mills determined that they could provide the amount of support she required. After three weeks of living there, my Aunt was rushed to the local hospital in respiratory distress and diagnosed with both flu and pneumonia that the medical staff at the Glen Mills facility were not aware of. She died five days later. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Human Services Licensing just concluded their investigation and found the facility negligent in the care of my Aunt. We are considering legal action. I would not even give this facility one star.

December 04, 2013

By knitmom

My mother-in-law has been a resident of this facility for over 2 years. We live very close to the facility and "drop-in" daily for unaanounced visits. We are always greeted by friendly staff who personally know the needs/likes/concerns of our family member. The dining staff greet our family member by name, engage in conversation with her and always welcome us to sit and have a treat at the table. The room is always clean, laundry is done efficiently, maintenance responds quickly to needs and free transportation is provided to medical visits. Activities are always offered and family events are planned. The personal assistant is extremely kind and through when dealing with the needs of my mother-in-law. I often tell people that "compassion and caring" are two qualities that can not be faked! The staff at Glen Mills are not faking...they are kind and compassionate!

November 15, 2013

By Disappointed and discouraged

They are often under staffed. The administration is not personable. They don't give enough at meals and they are under cooked. The chicken is punk. The aides are nice but overwhelmed. They give hope and then take it away. They advertise activities and often do not happen.

My name is Suzanne Piechotta and I am the Executive Director at Glen Mills Senior Living. I am extremely proud of the community that I manage and I am sad to learn of your experience. Our daily activity programs are developed with our residents in mind and the residents themselves provide input for the programming they wish to have provided at Glen Mills. Our "All Day" dining program provides our residents with an availability to dine between the hours of 7:30 am till 6:30 pm. Residents can come in at any time and choose from the wide selection of choices along with the portion size they wish to eat. I hope you would find our community and our team members to be attentive to all needs and to be the professional support you would expect from Glen Mills Senior Living. I invite you to visit us at Glen Mills again so I can address your concerns in person. My phone number is (610) 358-4900. Thank you,

Suzanne Piechotta, Executive Director - Glen Mills Senior Living

October 11, 2013

Glen Mills was nice, very attractive and the apartment looked lovely, bright and cheery. The people seemed very pleasant. However, it was too close to the main highway. My sister-in-law does not like driving and the sound of traffic. They had a special treat they call their apple cake and as we left, the lady gave us each a little box of apple cakes and that was very nice but the traffic overruled it. I like the facility a lot but it's old-fashioned and it has plants hanging around the porch, roof and people sitting out on the porch seemingly enjoying themselves. I'd give them a high rating except for the fact that I don't know what their food was like.

August 28, 2013

By Christine Z

I would highly recommend this place for your loved one. Staff are very friendly, the place is beautiful & clean. My mom has been there for 6 months, she is very happy there.

March 30, 2012

By SUZZang

My parents are receiving excellent care and I am very pleased with the attentiveness of the staff

Photos of Glen Mills Senior Living

Services & Amenities of Glen Mills Senior Living

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

• State Licenses: 132090

About Glen Mills Senior Living

Glen Mills Senior Living offers compassionate senior care in Glen Mills, PA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Glen Mills Senior Living shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Glen Mills, PA.

Map of Glen Mills Senior Living