Payment

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Brookdale Glen Ellyn provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Posted by anndorothy June 19, 2015

My mother who is 96 resides at the Brookdale Glen Ellyn as an independent resident. She has called this home for the past three years and I have visited her nearly daily over the course of those three years. Brookdale is a wonderful residence for my mother and even though she is independent, there have been three occasions when she has needed assistance or emergency attention. Each time, the staff surrounds her with care and immediacy and have genuinely demonstrated their fondness for her. Of course this is important to me as her daughter, but I observe this same level of sincerity and involvement with all the residents as I come on go daily.

Brookdale is a well-maintained facility and my brother often remarks it's like a four star hotel! Activities and opportunities to be involved abound but without pressure to do anything beyond a resident's comfort. My mother enjoys participating in a book club, playing bridge weekly and serving as an ambassador for new residents.

She has formed new relationships which is important at this time of life when so many life friendships have ended. I enjoy the relationships that I have formed as well both with the staff and residents and look forward to participating in the Friday afternoon "happy hour" from time-to-time.

My family and I feel grateful that our mom/grandma has a place where she is safe, cared-for and where she continues to live rich moments in her near century old life. Thank you Brookdale for helping us love this woman who means so much to us.

Posted by hsea June 11, 2015

My parents have been at Brookdale Glen Ellyn for three years now; two years in Independent Living and almost 1 year in Assisted Living. I have nothing but good to say about this facility. The staff truly cares about their residents and they are very attentive to my parents needs. When I have a concern it is immediately addressed and the staff really works with me to find the best solution for my parents. There was a time when I was afraid that circumstances would require my parents to move, and I appreciated how the management was willing to talk through the details and work with me to try to help my parents be able to stay. The facility is always neat and clean, and the many events they plan always give the residents something to do if they so desire. My parents rave about the food and constantly tell me "We just love it here". It's wonderful to have them at a place they love and I feel confident and good about.

Posted by Mark102880350 April 19, 2015

I visited Brookdale because we had an elderly friend of ours who was staying there, and it is very close to our house. It was a very beautiful facility. The staff was very nice. The lady we visited, we visited her in her apartment. She had a one-bedroom apartment there. It was very nice, and it was adequate. Security there seemed fine. What we saw was very nice. When you walk in, it was like a semi-fancy hotel. It was a nice-looking building; it was all brick on the outside. It was a nice residence.

Posted by dmbfan15 April 14, 2015
2.0

The two stars are for the building/apartments. It is definitely a hotel atmosphere very clean and well maintained. The meals they provide are also pretty good and they offer many options for residents.

The reason for only giving two stars comes down to the staff They are SO nice when you first come in and make you feel like they actually care about your loved one. Watch out though as soon as you sign that lease everything changes. The staff is very un-organized they do not listen to your requests and continue to make mistakes. Housekeeping is a joke! They are rude they have lost my grandmas linens and refused to replace them. They do nothing as far as cleaning other then run a vacuum around, I went to visit my grandma and her toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month. Everything is extra so we are paying for them to clean for her and it looks awful.

My grandma is in the early stages of dementia so they almost always blame issues on her having dementia and are currently in the process of trying to get us to move her to the Alzheimers floor which of course is more $$ I feel like they do not care at all about my grandma just about her money and how they can get more out of her. The price here is insane and every service is ala cart. I would suggest looking elsewhere we will be moving my grandma out as soon as her lease is up. Dont let Brookdale's fancy building and overly friendly staff fool you!

Posted by Caring08721 November 29, 2014

The people I talked to at Brookdale Glen Ellyn were very nice. The place is very, very nice. People are very friendly. They have a lot going on for the residents at all times. The place is very clean. My mother loves it. It is like a hotel. The dining room looks like a restaurant with tablecloths, napkins, and a flower on the table. It looks beautiful. I have not tried the food, but my mother is a fussy person and every time I ask her how the food is, she said it's great. My mother has to have her medication, so they come in in the morning and they help her with her medication. Every three days, she gets her shower, and they're very careful with her. She is having a hard time seeing, so they come and get her, and they bring her wherever she has to go.

Brookdale is more spacious. They have a Laundromat on each floor for the people to do their laundry. They do have a beauty salon. They have doctors and nurses on-duty. You couldn't ask for anything more. They're checking her out. The doctors call me and explain to me what has to be done. They have a lot of doings for the people. Christmas is coming, and they're decorating there. In fact, all the new people that have moved in, they're having a wine and cheese little get-together for them and their family.

Posted by Donna95969450 November 01, 2014
4.0

Brookdale Plaza Glen Ellyn was the first one we saw for my uncle, and it was very nice. Their rooms were way too small. However, the place was very attractive and very nice if you went into it. Everyone was lovely. The lots where the buildings are were very nice. They have little garden areas and places to sit and be entertained.

Posted by Linda77276850 April 26, 2014
4.0

I really liked the Meadows. It was a very friendly atmosphere. The people were energetic. It was clean; it was pleasant. It had a big, beautiful library on the first floor. There was a lot of activity going on that day. The people I met with were very friendly, very accommodating. I took my mother there. She felt that there was too much going on and that she would be overwhelmed. I really liked the program that the Meadows had for rehabilitation, for physical therapy, and the machinery they had. I thought that was really outstanding.

Posted by Caring79793350 March 21, 2014
4.0

The lady that I met at Meadows Glen was very helpful and very patient. She took me on a tour and let me see a couple of different rooms. The rooms seemed a little smaller and tighter. The open areas are a little smaller, too. One of the things I think I like about them is that they had a raised garden. They can walk along the garden if they wanted to. I thought the hallways was very homey and well decorated. I didn't see as much interaction because there wasn't an event going on at that place.

Posted by Caring71092750 October 05, 2013

The Meadows has more of a hotel atmosphere when you walk in. It's a full service facility with a lobby and a reception desk. The menu is varied and they have a choice of food. There are many activities that they could participate in. The staff is very friendly, they're taking good care of my parents and they call them by their names, make them feel at home and encourage them to interact not only with the staff but with other residents. It is nearby and has a nice atmosphere. My parents are safe and we feel comfortable with them there.

Posted by frogskinz2227 May 03, 2012
4.0

In my opinion the Meadows of Glen Ellyn is an excellent living facility. Everything was very up to date with a luxurious feel, and I felt that my grandparents were receiving the best care possible. I know that they really enjoyed staying there because they were still able to maintain a large amount of their independence, while still being able to ask for help whenever they needed it.

Posted by KevinK October 19, 2011
4.0

The Meadows of Glen Ellyn was a beautiful community located very close to the downtown Glen Ellyn area. It was close to many shopping areas and provided residents transportation services to neighboring areas. The fine dining services were remarkable and the food was much fancier than I would have expected from such a facility. There was a pool open to residents, an on-site beauty parlor, and a convenience store/cafe that was open every afternoon. The only thing that I didn't love about the facility was that residents were largely required to take care of themselves or pay for a private worker to come in and care for them. It seemed to me that the facility ought to have hired its own staff to meet the needs of the residents. I also did not like that the facility refused to accept public money, and would evict residents in the event that they used up all of their savings. Aside from those flaws, I thought it was a beautiful community and would recommend it to anyone with the means to live there.

Location of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Features of Brookdale Glen Ellyn

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.