Atria Park of Glen Ellyn

95 Carleton Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL, 60137

Reviews of Atria Park of Glen Ellyn

Caring Daughter121395250 March 19, 2016

Atria Park of Glen Ellyn was previously Sunrise, but there was a change of ownership. I thought the food was very good, initially. What I saw is that 70% of the caregivers are absolutely wonderful, and some are a little lax; maybe there aren’t enough caregivers. Mom is 96 and very slow and always felt rushed. She is also the last one to go down for meals. The nurses are very good, though. We chose it because the rooms had so much natural light and views of the park. She was very happy during her first year there, but sometimes they run out of her food selection. They are more expensive, too.

We’re honored that your mom is a part of the Atria family and want to continue to enhance her experience in our community. You are right – the park views and natural light at Atria Park of Glen Ellyn are great. If you have anything else to share, feel free to connect with me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

A Visitor6 March 19, 2016

For our purpose, Atria Park of Glen Ellyn is probably our top choice. It is very nice and very close to family members. However, the staff has turned over a bit since we went, and it is hard to keep up with who is the director now.

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family. I’m sorry to learn about your frustration and please know that your Executive Director’s door is always open. You can also reach me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Anonymous Lady13 December 10, 2015

I visited Atria Park. The staff was very nice, very accommodating, and very willing to show me everything. I really liked the facility; however, it was a little further from my house.

Caring112703850 September 08, 2015

Atria Park of Glen Ellyn was our second choice for our parents. They provided us a tour in the facility. I saw that it's a well-managed facility. Everything is well laid out. The people are very warm and friendly.

Rosemary21 June 30, 2015

My sister and I visited Atria Park of Glen Ellyn and we were very impressed. They were extremely good at showing us everything. We talked to some of the residents there and everybody seemed happy. It was beautiful. They gave us a tour of all the rooms that were available. They told us the pricing, and they offered what they called respite stay where she could just stay for a month -- there's no contract, just a monthly fee. We liked everything we saw -- the rooms, the grounds are beautiful, a lot of outdoor areas to walk around or just sit outside if you wanted. The location was good to Lombard which is where she and my other sister live. She would have her own apartment there which she would love. The dining area looked very nice. The rooms were very good, and they had everything from studio to two-bedroom. Everything was handicap accessible with big windows, so there was a lot of light. They were pet friendly. She has a cat and that's important for her to bring the cat and they accept that.

Susan91400250 February 25, 2015

Atria Park of Glen Ellyn is a beautiful facility. It's in an area that is very convenient to a lot of geriatric services. I'd have to have my aunt go for some ear and dental services, and it was less than five minutes away in both cases. There are a lot of small local restaurants, theater, and shopping where they take the residents. They are close to a park, and the staff is long-tendered, which is something I've always looked for. They are happy there, they like their jobs, and they are really kind and helpful to the residents. My aunt has had complaints about every other facility that she has stayed in, but here she says that they take really excellent care of her, and she appreciates being there. The sanitation is wonderful, and the dining and the food services really are very good.

Tom104832450 January 21, 2015

Atria Park of Glen Ellyn was extremely well-lit and bright. It wasn't dreary, it wasn't dark, and it wasn't drab. It was like walking into a community center where there was a lot of hustle and bustle. There were a lot of people eating at different tables for lunch or dinner. There was a lot of action, and you wouldn't have thought you were in a retirement home. It was fantastic really. A lot of things were going on: brightly lit rooms, brightly lit colors, and a circular location where the rooms were in the outside of the circle and when you exit your room, you only had one option, which is to go forward so you wouldn't get lost, and you would be walking into an area where there was always someone there, always something to do, always something going on, and activities. I was actually looking forward to putting my mother in a place like this. It was excellent. The people were totally professional, and I felt so comfortable I would have signed her up. It was a great place. It was like being on vacation in an all-inclusive resort, and I have no negatives about it.

SunriseHelper12 August 30, 2012

When I walked in to Sunrise for the first time, they introduced me to the Activities Manager and she was really helpful in showing me around and introducing me to the residents. She also showed me how the events calendar worked and all the different things that were done at the Senior Living to ensure the residents felt at home. Some of the things they included were a dedicated hair salon and wii nights along with bingo and card games from time to time. I really liked the feel and atmosphere that the place has developed over the years. The elderly felt completely at home and the center has picnics from time to time when their family members would come and enjoy the festivities with them. One thing I really liked was that there was a calendar menu up at front so everyone could see what was going to be served and all the staff was willing to help out in any way they could. For example, the manager helped me wash some dishes one time and we chatted about improving some activities at the Reminiscence center for people with Alzheimer's. The facilities were clean and taken care of multiple times of the day. It was a new, heart warming experience overall.

spunkee November 18, 2011

It seemed clean, friendly and the residents seemed happy.

munch1 September 29, 2011

I toured Sunrise for a family member. From what I observed the staff was courteous, friendly, polite, and compassionate. Although the director seemed to be pushing the facility to seem like more than it actually was. Apart from the staff, they have Sunrise signatures which were objects placed throughout the facility which are supposed to be helpful to the residents. The furniture in the halls and living rooms looked brilliant; however, the beds in the rooms and the furniture there was horrendous. I liked the overall look of the place and everything was clean, but felt that it was too crowded: it was packed with furniture that seemed to be closing in on me. But what stood out was the lack of activities. People there, apart from chatting with each other, did not seem have any fun things to do around there. Even if they did have something, I believe it would get to be a boring experience living there very soon. It just didn't seem like the people have a degree of freedom or release that comes with living in a normal society. I got the sense that my family member would be treated more like a child than an adult who had many experiences in his lifetime. The food on the other hand was great. I think they had good meal choices and portions, which included the snacks in between. I did not like their plates or cups or silverware. They were just ugly.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience in the community while it was under Sunrise management, but we invite you to visit us for a complimentary lunch and a tour of the updated Atria Park of Glen Ellyn. Atria strives to exceed expectations every day and are excited to show you the enhancements made since we acquired the community, including our busy schedule of events for residents. If you have any questions or would like to reach us directly, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

From Atria Park of Glen Ellyn

Located in a residential neighborhood only minutes from Wheaton, Atria Park of Glen Ellyn offers all the benefits of living in a vibrant, supportive community, with the discreet support of a care staff close at hand. Without the worries of chores and home maintenance, residents are free to pursue new interests and rediscover old ones. Meet neighbors for an invigorating activities class, share intelligent conversation over a freshly prepared lunch or join friends for a shopping excursion downtown.

For individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Glen Ellyn offers Life Guidance® – innovative memory care in a secure, structured environment.

Enhanced care model allows us to accommodate vital sign management, oxygen and breathing treatments, catheter/ostomy care, feeding tubes, diabetes management to name a few - Licensed nursing on site 24/7, medications ONLY administered by nurses - On site physical, occupational, speech therapy provided by a licensed HHC company who is present in the building 5 days a week - On site weekly urgent care clinic hosted by a physician, in addition to our in house physicians who round weekly

Features of Atria Park of Glen Ellyn

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 5101248