NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Lodge at Mallard's Landing

Premier retirement and assisted living community with independent living cottages located in picturesque Gig Harbor, Washington. Nestled in the spectacular Puget Sound region, with award winning medical facilities within a few miles, and a variety of cultural and shopping experiences available, you'll find that The Lodge at Mallard's Landing offers you an exceptional choice for retirement living in Gig Harbor, Washington. Our apartments feature beautiful designer finishes, Corian countertops in the kitchen, walk-in showers and a variety of views and floor plans to choose from.

Reviews of The Lodge at Mallard's Landing

Posted by JillW1 July 30, 2015

Jen Drake at The Lodge at Mallard's Landing made all the difference in my folks decision to move to the Community. She was so upbeat and patient, answering all of our questions and making sure we had a good experience. When it came time to coordinate the actual moviein, she was there with a smile and helped my folks get settled, even coordinating with our moving company. No other neighborhoods compared as well to this one and Jen was a standout reason!

Posted by Cheryl H. July 30, 2015

I have had peace of mind since I moved my Mom into the Lodge at Mallard's Landing earlier this year. There have been the usual bumps that come with moving a parent but Jen Drake and other staff members have striven to ensure that the transition is successful.

Posted by Sally'sDaughter July 15, 2015

I moved my mother into the Lodge last February and since that date, I have had nothing but positive experience with the staff at the Facility. Jenn was great in assisting us in getting my mom in a cottage which she loves. Jenn, was great with talking with my mom so that she understood which gave her piece of mind.

The food has been wonderful, I actually try to have lunch with my mom once a week and enjoy the selection and good cooking. We actually had our Easter dinner at the Lodge this year.

When I talk to people in the community about the Lodge, they also speak highly about the Lodge.

Posted by mrs89 March 16, 2015
1.0

Very poor care. I also talked to a lady named Jerry about the facility she was so rude and short. She seemed put out that I was even talking to her. We will be taking my dad to a different facility.

Posted by Delphis Creative January 17, 2015

I have always loved going to the Lodge for Gig Harbor Chamber and other social events. However recently I have been at the lodge for other business and have had the extreme pleasure of working with Jen. What an amazing asset she is tou your company. She is always pleasant and seems to always have a good word about everyone. I have seen Jen go out of her way to answer a question or help a resident without a thought.

Posted by Christopher5 June 30, 2014

I like The Lodge of Mallard's Landing a lot for the level of care that a person needed. It's a smaller facility, thus offering a more personal level of care. They have dedicated staff to certain groups of people. I would recommend this facility the highest among the ones I've visited. It is a nice facility with a nice location. They have many places to walk around outside. They have a nice, green environment.

Posted by Audree June 30, 2014

The Lodge at Mallard's Landing is a beautiful assisted living community. Three family members and I toured the place twice and each time we were impressed at how well cared for and happy all of the residents seemed. Jen Drake, the community relations director, was very informative and empathetic to the needs of our loved one. Her 'can do' attitude and warm friendly manner made us feel right at home. The dining room is like a nice restaurant and the food is wonderful - fresh and tasty - some of the best food I've had anywhere in Gig Harbor.

Posted by klane1 May 31, 2014

The Lodge at Mallard's Landing is a beautiful community. We had a full tour along with lunch, were able to ask a lot of questions and hear and view all of the amenities. Staying at The Lodge would be like living in a luxury hotel!

All of the people we met seemed caring and friendly.

Posted by Paul30 April 01, 2014

The care that my mom receives from the employees of this facility is tremendous. Bob the CEO and Jen go out of their way to make sure that each resident is happy and treated with loving care. My mom speaks very highly of the man that cleans her room. The facility is very well maintained. All the employees know each and every resident by name and treat them like a family member. I tell people my mom is staying at a Hilton Hotel because of the treatment the residents receive.

Posted by Nicole8 April 01, 2014

The Lodge at Mallard's Landing is a lovely, professional and happy place for my 92 year-old father to live since Mother died 4 years ago. He visited there many times and when it was time to move to an AL this was his first choice. He is not a social guy, so he does not take part in all the social activities they have, but he gets lots of company from the staff and residents when he goes down to eat and when they come to give him his meds and just check in on him. He enjoys the food, loves his apartment, and is well cared for by the entire staff.

Posted by The Lodge at Mallard Landing April 01, 2014

My dad has been in the memory care unit of The Lodge at Mallard Landing for 2 months now. I am very satisfied with the service and level of care my dad is receiving. I stop by a few times a week and always find the staff up-beat, caring and helpful. I'm impressed by their constant communication with the residents, encouraging discussions and activity with them. They treat each resident with respect and dignity regardless of their level of functionality. They promote interactivity by encouraging each resident to spend their time in the "community" room versus leaving them alone in their rooms. They have occasional, supervised outings along with weekly "happy hour". It is not unusual for a staff member to be playing a board game with a resident which helps keep them alert and thinking. The facility is clean, with a very comfortable, relaxing, home atmosphere. Most importantly, my dad enjoys it there.

Posted by GranMary February 13, 2014
4.0

The Lodge at Mallard's Landing is a lovely facility and we are very happy with our "cottage". The staff and residents are friendly and we feel at home here. Housekeeping, maintenance, and transportation services make our lives hassle-free. Meals are generally good, with an occasional "dud" and an occasional "wow". Suggestions for improvement include: better response to community and resident use of facilities (including room reservation, set-up, posting of fees, parking availability); more effort to introduce new residents to staff and fellow residents and to inform new residents of how/when/where, etc. procedures for use of facilities and participation in events. Living out in the cottages, we sometimes feel ignored. Overall grade = B+.

Posted by SCummings February 13, 2014
4.0

The Lodge is bright and friendly. It does NOT feel like a depressing retirement home. The staff is wonderful & personable. The nursing staff seems a bit cold & indifferent, however, I've noticed they have some new staff which seems much kinder. The parking is TERRIBLE inside and out. Stall are too narrow, & I've noticed the seniors are not able to park properly in the downstairs parking, & visitors have a hard time parking outside. *It would be wonderful for a lot of seniors to have little pea patches outside that they could garden in the warmer months.

Posted by Nancy65479250 August 01, 2013

The Lodge at Mallard's Landing was in the same city where I lived in. Everything was perfect. The staff was very polite and accommodating. The rooms were beautiful. I would recommend them to others.

Posted by bradbailey September 10, 2012
1.0

The building and grounds of The Lodge at Mallards Landing are beautiful, but do not be deceived. In my experience the care is very poor. We had my wife's grandmother at The Lodge a couple of years ago and the care was good. We were very pleased. When I placed my dad there, I expected the same level of care. Boy was I wrong. The Lodge has apparently fallen on difficult financial times and they have substantially cut the skilled nursing care. It was my impression that young, untrained and inexperienced "med techs" provide most of the care. Long story short, lack of trained nursing assessment resulted with my dad spending days on end suffering needlessly. Even when he started missing meals, there was no read flag raised.

Location of The Lodge at Mallard's Landing

Features of The Lodge at Mallard's Landing

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.