Brookdale Gig Harbor

3213 45th Street Court NW, Gig Harbor, WA, 98335

Reviews of Brookdale Gig Harbor

Caring86628750 June 17, 2014

We didn't like Emeritus at Gig Harbor. It looked very clean, and the rooms were lovely. However, it was a total turnoff because we have to sit at the same table all the time and be with the same people all the time. We didn't meet anybody else except the person that was guiding us, and that guy was nice.

Caring84022450 June 10, 2014

We’ve been to Emeritus. We decided to go visit and see what it was like because it was close to where I live. I thought it was very nice, very clean. The people there were very nice and very professional. We saw an apartment, and it was basically a living room-type setup with a bathroom and shower. It had a microwave and a small, little kitchen-type thing. Then we saw a 1-bedroom apartment, and it was nice, clean, and empty. We saw the rest of the facility, and they showed us a laundry, a cafeteria facility, and a meeting room. We talked to some of the people who lived there. They really liked it there.

MDean October 25, 2012

I find the staff at Merrill Gardens to be very friendly and helpful with my mother's overall needs. There have been a few problems with medication management, but the nursing staff addressed those problems to my satisfaction. The basic monthly cost is reasonable, but I think that the $600+ per month extra for each level of additional care is a little high. Meals and housekeeping are included in the basic cost, as is electricity, cable, and maintenance. There are plenty of activities available, Bingo and Wii Bowling, for example. A facility-owned/operated mini-bus takes residents on outings such as shopping and sight-seeing. It is also available to transport residents to medical appointments. Overall, I am satisfied with our decision to move our mother into this facility.

Frank Rizzo June 02, 2012

The whole place smells like airplane food.

MerrillGardens August 13, 2011

I recently had a situation with my mother and I wanted to Thank Merrill Gardens at Gig Harbor Retirement Comminty for going the extra mile and a half in helping me through a difficult situation with my aging mother. Everything has worked out for the best and know she is getting the best care with Merrill Gardens amazing community!

From Brookdale Gig Harbor

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Gig Harbor

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • 24 hour nurses: 1
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Studio Alcove/larger studio

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Financial guidance extra: We coordinate with available resources to facilitate smooth move-ins
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2262