Brookdale Germantown

7701 Poplar Ave., Germantown, TN, 38138

Reviews of Brookdale Germantown

Doris14 August 11, 2014

I just did not like the in-room accommodations at Southerland Place in Germantown, but it was nice because it was closer to my daughter.

Jenny10 July 31, 2014

I looked at Southerland Place and it looked fine. The staff that I spoke with was friendly and very helpful. However, I didn't like the layout of the building. They didn't really have a designated activity area. It was like everybody was just hanging out in the lobby. They were assisted living but they don't have memory care and my mom needed memory care.

Randy12 June 30, 2014

Southerland's staff was very professional, very friendly, very hospitable, and very well prepared for our visit. They invited us for dinner, and it was a very nice dinner. All the key members of the staff came in while we were eating and introduced themselves. I saw single, studio-type rooms, and they were considerably smaller in size than what we had. The facility was very nice and clean. The drawback of the facility is the distance from my home and the proximity to other family members. It was much too far out of the way.

Terry22 March 27, 2014

The staff at Southerland Place were very professional and nice. They were very competent. There was nothing negative about the people at all; it was just my father, actually. My father thought it had a hotel kind of feel and they weren’t homey enough. It was just too overwhelming for him.

Teresa28 February 24, 2014

We placed my dad at Southerland Place and he has been there for two weeks now. We had a very great impression in regard to this facility. I felt very at home there. I feel very relaxed and I can see that they are very resident-oriented. The staff interacts with the families and I thought that was very important. The rooms are great and in fact that was the deciding factor on why we chose this facility. It’s like a big house with little bedrooms. Dad really loves their food.

Caring74202850 November 28, 2013

Somebody walked us around Southern Place and the more I looked at it, the more it looked like a rehab place. The facility looked clean. The people were very pleasant; however, most of them were in worse shape than I was. We got to a certain place there where they were doing exercises. The staff looked very professional and very pleasant. For what they seemed to be doing, they're very good.

Caring2522 October 11, 2013

Southerland Place is an excellent facility. It's just a great place for my mom! It's a Brookdale facility. This is our choice for Mom because its location is better for us. The residents and the staff are both wonderful. My mom has a beautiful room with a nice view. It is also spacious. It just couldn't be nicer! They have a wide variety of activities for their residents. They have things for memory and cognitive skills. They have crosswords, puzzles of all kinds, etc. They have singing, Bible studies, and movies.

Caring3585 April 12, 2013

It was a very nice at Southerland Place. However, it was too expensive for me. I went to visit someone there and she's very pleased.

DianeAb May 09, 2012

My mom was here for about 4 months. Her Alzheimer's escalated to the point where she was wandering and she was no longer safe there. The staff had told me this from the front end but I never dreamed that she would wander.

I can't say enough kind things about the administration of Southerland Place. The director is top notch and took a personal interest in each resident there. No job was too big or small for her to manage. The care staff for the most part were friendly and engaging. I miss the sense of community that was there since she has moved to a new place

ilovegrandpa March 10, 2012

This was a wonderful place to put a loved one in. My grandfather stays here. At first, I feared the whole idea of assisted living, but the friendly staff relieves my worries. I personally like the fact that he has an escort, who is truly kind to him. My grandfather was overweight when he first went into the facility, but their nutritious meals has allowed him to lose weight and be much more healthier. The family room was a great place to host his 80th birthday. This facility is highly recommended.

anon901 February 24, 2012

I felt the staff was very nice during my father's stay at Southerland. The rooms were spacious and he always mentioned to us that the nurses were attentive. We visited several homes before choosing this one and the look of Southerland stood out from the rest. The look of the antiques reminded my father of the home he used to live in. I would recommend Southerland to anyone considering nursing homes.

Henry Allen September 30, 2011

Southerland Place is an great place. My grandfather recently took ill and was we had to find a place for him to go. Southerland was a fantastic facility, we have not decided where we would put my grandfather but I like how my grandfather can go get a nice shave at the barbershop. The detail to which the facility is geared towards seniors is amazing. Antique furniture and decoration with modern appliances such as big screen tv's sets this facility apart. They give as much attention as needed and give their patients dignity. This process has been really difficult for me and the staff was very respectful. This facility is on the top of my list.

5twelve June 01, 2011

Visited this facility

We were only touring the facility as we were trying to finalize our decision for my parents, but my wife and I both agreed that this was definitely a front runner. We spoke with Debbie during our tour and found out that the facility was part of the Brookdale Senior Living network, which made a very good impression with us. We had read plenty of reviews for Brookdale and knew that any member site would be run with a specific set of quality assurances. Besides that, the staff are 100% insured and bonded, which, even though is almost assumed in this day and age, was nice to hear. The suites themselves are very luxurious and well lit, which is something I honestly could not say about some facilities we visited that day. The overall aesthetic of Southerland Place Germantown, combined with the available services and on site amenities (like a beauty salon and barbershop) made this a very serious candidate in our search.

From Brookdale Germantown

Brookdale Germantown provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Germantown

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 6:1
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 00000073