The Legacy at Georgetown

4907 Williams Drive, Georgetown, TX, 78633

Reviews of The Legacy at Georgetown

January 19, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor4

My husband is at the Legacy in Georgetown. From maintenance down, everybody is fantastic. The food is good, and the cook is excellent, and they have an abundance of activities. It’s a really nice place, so I’m very happy. However, they are having some staffing issues right now, and that’s kind of an issue with me. If things don’t correct themselves, I am going to be moving him anyway because staffing is very important to me; these residents need a lot of care, and as they progress more into their issues, they become more incontinent, need to be cleaned better, and need more attention. The ratio is supposed to be 1 to 7, but lately, we’ve had a 1 to 14 ratio and the girls are worn out; they just can’t keep their pace. Right now, I’m not happy with the situation, but I have been in the past. The rooms are beautiful. I eat there, and the food is excellent. Everything is fine, except for the staffing issues.

Thank you for your honest review. Legacy at Georgetown does our best to hire and retain qualified, hard-working and caring people. Like any community, our goal is to provide plenty of good- no, the best- caregivers to give you peace of mind and trust that your husband is in good hands. We have done our best to fill those vacancies with good hands, and now I hope you see the difference.

September 01, 2015

By Dr. Laura Lamper

My parents moved to The Legacy in summer 2014, right before the facility introduced a new Executive Director and started going downhill. I moved my Mom and Dad out immediately after the ED permitted a med-aide to continue working who had been found guilty of purposefully overdosing residents. Other unsafe practices started to surface. Despite multiple staff and family complaints, nothing was done to protect residents from harm. The facility tries to compensate by presenting a visually appealing decor. I know other families went as far as contacting corporate with their concerns (Thrive Senior Living.) Corporate also did nothing. I am concerned for residents' safety here. Since we have left the Legacy I cannot begin to tell you the number of people we have met at other centers and in the home health care industry in our area who have negative things to say about The Legacy.

July 10, 2015

By kimhill

My grandmother was at at this facility for 2 years. It is beautiful but the quality of staff giving medications is not acceptable. I am a pharmacist and this facility has made multiple medication errors with my grandmother's medications. I moved her out yesterday and found 3 (yes 3!!) Exelon patches on her back. They did not remove the old patches before placing the new ones. I'm concerned for the safety of the residents in this facility.

February 20, 2015

By R345

My Father is living at the Legacy. I can truthfully say that the people here have turned my Dads life around. He went from bed ridden and reclusive to ambulatory and socially active . Dad tells me every time I see him how well he is treated. He likes the food and he likes his apartment. He is happy there and it makes me feel at ease. I don't normally leave comments but I just feel that others who may be in the same situtation we were in could benefit from hearing how nice it can be in the right place. Thank you Legacy for all you do for Dad. RPR

January 20, 2015

By Alison B

My mother was a resident at the Legacy at Georgetown, and I can't say enough good things--they bent over backwards to keep her engaged and happy, the accommodations were consistently well maintained, meals were served beautifully and activities were well designed. Communication with us was excellent and medical staff was attentive. Staff was always helpful and cheery, and clearly loved what they were doing. It gave us tremendous peace of mind to know she was there. My thanks to all!

August 31, 2014

My mother has been in the memory care unit at The Legacy for four months now. I think it is pretty good. However, I don't think they have enough activities for those people who are just having dementia. They separate them from the rest, who can do assisted living and can manage to go to the dining area by themselves. However, my poor little mom is not happy there and she wants out all the time because there's no one to talk to. They take them to breakfast, they put them in a room, watch TV, and that's it. They do tell me that they are looking into doing more activities with the heritage section, which is not quite the Alzheimer's section but the it’s the pre-Alzheimer's and little dementia section, but service is wonderful. They take very good care of her for me. So, I am very pleased with them. The staff is very caring. They are always willing to help and give suggestions and things. I feel very good about their staffing so far. The food is good except for the temperature. They do not have a warm cart, so most of the time by the time they reach the memory care section, the food is too cold, and my mother wants everything warm and hot. However, if my mother needs her food warm, they take it to the little office area that has a microwave, they will warm up her plate, and they bring it to her. So, they are very accommodating. They try to do the best they can with what they have, and I understand that they are actually looking into changing that system so that they can give the food to them warm and appropriate. Cleanliness is wonderful. In some places it just smells bad, but not at this place. Everything is maintained really clear and clean. Even when I am looking at other people's room as I am walking by and the doors are open, their rooms are nice, clean, neat, and maintained as my mother's room is. The maintenance is wonderful. She has a room and a living area, which are combined. She had a separate bedroom at first, but she couldn't manage because her memory was not helping her and she couldn't go from the bedroom to the living room. In the assisted living, they had a library, a theater, a workout room if they need it, and a game room. They have several garden areas that they can go out to. They have a balcony and rocking chairs. They have a separate dining area where you can actually let them know that you want to bring the family to eat with you. It is a nice dining area where everybody can sit together. It is separate from their dining area.

February 28, 2014

I just thought the Legacy was really nice. It's only about 10 months old. My mom's been there six days and I'm very pleased. The staff was very helpful and very nice. They're doing their job, helping her with the shower and also during dinner. I'm just very well pleased. I had lunch and dinner there. The food was very good. They have bingo, exercises at 10 in the morning, dominoes, art classes, a movie theater, a beauty salon, and they take them out on different excursions.

Photos of The Legacy at Georgetown

Features of The Legacy at Georgetown

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5695/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Memory Care

About The Legacy at Georgetown

Combining the latest technology with devoted staff, our residents and their families have the peace-of-mind that comes from knowing they have access to the assistance they need and a life they enjoy.

Our monthly rate is inclusive, and our caregivers offer the support each resident needs with compassion and attention. From an active social calendar to delicious meals to comfortable accommodations, Legacy at Georgetown is a home where our residents can stay engaged in a life they love!

Call us today to tour our building and speak with us about your options.

Map of The Legacy at Georgetown