Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Dogwood Forest of Gainesville

Welcome to Dogwood Forest of Gainesville. Gainesville’s, Georgia premier assisted living community. Ideally situated near downtown Gainesville and Lake Lanier, is Dogwood Forest of Gainesville, a trusted member of the Gainesville community and a local leader in assisted living and memory care services. Purposefully designed with our residents in mind, Dogwood Forest was created specifically with all of the details that have been clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in the health and lives of seniors. From its ample living and function areas—to its beautiful outdoor spaces, Dogwood Forest of Gainesville offers the superb services & care you would want in an assisted living community. Dogwood Forest of Gainesville features an array of amenities including spacious apartments, a fully-stocked community bistro, on-site physical therapy center, a salon, and multiple sitting areas for residents to enjoy. With our amenities, services and active social calendar, and family-like connection with our residents and their families-it is apparent why we are loved by the Gainesville community, and why our residents love to call Dogwood Forest home.

Services

Catering to both assisted living, memory care, and temporary stays, Dogwood Forest offers unmatched services that is as individualized as the unique needs of each its residents. We understand and relate to the needs and concerns of our residents and families-- whether it’s providing a little extra care, educating families on memory care –or assisting them with navigating their financial options. The infrastructure of our community ---our people, our buildings & grounds, and our services & programs are the foundation of the what we call the Dogwood Forest Difference. Our efforts are always intentional. And that intention is to create the optimal living environment and one that is clinically proven to produce positive outcomes in seniors. That’s all part of the Dogwood Forest Difference.

What makes us special: Dogwood Forest’s approach is backed by clinical data—data that shows that living environments significantly influences the health outcomes and welfare of seniors. We provide an ideal living environment that fosters hope, healing, independence, security and life quality ensuring that each of our residents met their highest living potential. Our optimistic caregiver, staff, and administrators work together continuously to generate the services and companionship that are staples within the Dogwood Forest Living Environments. We are a resource to our residents, families, community and senior service profession. Come and experience the Dogwood Forest Difference.

Reviews of Dogwood Forest of Gainesville

Posted by Julie106551250 May 30, 2015

Dogwood Forest is probably the favorite of all the places that I visited. I find the staff to be very friendly and very caring. They were one of the only communities that took the time to introduce me to some of the residents, which gave me a feel for the place. I was looking for my father, and they actually have a decent male versus female ratio. It is a beautiful facility and fairly new. The rooms were of the large type compared to some of the other places that I have visited. My dad is diabetic, so in evaluating their menu, they have a good variety so that is a positive for me. In a lot of the places that I have looked, the menus were extremely simple carb heavy, which is not a good idea for a diabetic. The dining room setup is comparable to most everywhere else I visited. It was clean and attractive. It was easily accessible by wheelchair. My father is in a wheelchair from time to time depending on pain level. They do regular outings to restaurants and grocery stores. I kind of understand why they do it, but their care charge system was a little bit more complex compared to some of the others. Theirs was a point based system which is perhaps more relevant because you are only paying for exactly what you need, but it was kind of complex and hard to plan for exactly what the cost might be down the road. They do have a cap on it. One thing that was important to us in looking is they were licensed as an assisted living and not just a personal care home which meant that he will be able to stay there through a much higher level of care.

Posted by Bruce W. April 27, 2015

My mother-in-law was a resident of the memory care area-Inspirations. The staff was very helpful and kind. My mother in-law received excellent care all the way through end of life. We are most appreciative.

Posted by Caring67086650 December 24, 2013

I'm pleased with everything at Dogwood Forest. The staff, the accommodation, the food, the services, they're all good. It is a dog-friendly facility, which is very nice. The rooms are just beautiful and they look like a brand new apartment with a little balcony/patio thing. They have good appliances and good space. They're all good, nothing bad. It looks like they also have a nice schedule of activities as far as I know, and they're also good.

Posted by Concerned Social Worker August 05, 2011
4.0

This facility is very nice, but it's located on the main road"”which is very busy, and can be rather noisy next to the four-lane highway.

Dogwood Forest looks like a brick two story house, and is made to look like a home environment inside, with fireplaces and other nice touches. The look and feel is not at all institutionalized, and the whole place is very well maintained. There is a friendly receptionist who greets visitors at once.

It is small, with about 36 regular assisted living rooms and about a dozen memory care units.

Inside the assisted living portion, there are several different sitting areas equipped with recliners. The dining tables feature family style eating"”offering residents several choices daily. Offsite activities are offered"”including fishing trips, movies, and shopping.

The memory care is in a secured unit. Residents there have no meal choices, but do have snacks and offer good hydration throughout the day. The set-up here is open"”with a main big area, where residents do activities during the day. The activities offered are a drawback; there's a bit of music therapy, but nothing too creative; it's an area that could be improved.

The staff is very friendly and very well trained. The nurse is smart and on her game, with a good knowledge of every resident's condition. The staff is very hands on, not condescending. I never saw a resident there who was not happy "” although the staff is rather cliquish with one another.

The cost is based on needs and varies accordingly.

Location of Dogwood Forest of Gainesville

Features of Dogwood Forest of Gainesville

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 3,330
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,170
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 4,500

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details