Brookdale Hunter's Crossing

4601 North West 53rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL, 32606

Reviews of Brookdale Hunter's Crossing

Anonymous114345050 October 31, 2015

Brookdale Hunter's Crossing looks good for the future. It was head and shoulders over the other ones from the people that were running it, the cleanliness of the facility, and what they had available. The room I looked at was nice and clean and had hard floor on it. I will recommend them.

Anonymous110671650 October 28, 2015

I liked that Brookdale Hunter's Crossing (formerly Sterling House of Gainesville) was close to shopping centers, and you get to go do your grocery. I've got a powered chair, so I could do that. They're very good with activities. It would be perfect, but I just can't afford it. The staff was very good.

Caring113295150 September 17, 2015

Our experience with Brookdale Hunter's Crossing (Formerly Sterling House of Gainesville) so far has been fine. The staff is very good. My father's room is a two-room that's got a living room, a bedroom, a kitchenette, and a bathroom, but he hasn't been there long enough yet.

Maggie27 August 06, 2015

My initial impression when I walked in at Brookdale Hunter's Crossing was that the place was very clean, open, and friendly. I was greeted by their staff, and I think there was food offered in the lobby area. I was able to speak with the staff, the individuals living there, and their housekeepers. They all had positive things to say about the place. I was very impressed; it was a great tour.

Caring105081850 June 20, 2015

I went to Brookdale Hunter’s Crossing, and it seemed fine. I had to go after work, so there wasn't much going on, and they didn't have any open rooms, so I couldn't see a room. I toured the rest of the facility, and it was very nice. The staffs were friendly, and the other ones I didn't talked to looked busy. I saw some residents walking down the hall, and they looked neat. They didn't look like nursing home patients, and they looked more like residents.

High Springs Daughter May 21, 2015

My parents spent a month here in respite care during a difficult time for my father's health. The staff is wonderful, I can't say enough about about the people from the administrators to the nurses to the aides. The surroundings are pleasant. The only negative was that the food was mixed, sometimes really good, sometimes less good. There was a transition going on with Brookdale taking it over and new food deliveries and the chef was working on it. Overall my parents were cared for and the people actually CARED, and I would recommend it.

Riley1 November 27, 2013

The environment at Sterling House was very good. It didn't smell like an old folk's home. When we were there, we were treated with respect. It was a nice tour throughout.

Caring74689550 November 26, 2013

We got my mother-in-law in the Sterling House and she's going to move in tomorrow. It's only four and a half miles from our house here in Florida. The area is very nice. It's right behind a little strip mall then has a public subway, a dry cleaners and a Hallmark store and she is capable of walking to that. The place is a little small but it's what she can afford. It's just a hard adjustment. We're moving her from a 2-bedroom assisted living to a small 1-bedroom that's 400 sq. ft. The staff was absolutely wonderful. The salesperson and the administrator were very good to us.

Caring0807132 August 15, 2013

I visited Sterling House of Gainesville. The rooms were too small and I didn't like it there. If I had to go in a facility I'd probably go to another one.

commercesd April 11, 2012

We went to visit the Sterling House of Gainesville assisted living facility since we were already in the region, looking at places for my friend's mother to live.

The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds, manicured trees, shrubs and grass and seating areas.

All of the interior rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. There were many places for residents to enjoy a variety of activities, from games to reading and seeing films.

We saw residents of many levels of ambulation - all of whom seemed to be well cared for, content and engaged in their lives.

The private rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel that rents out small apartments - but more personalized.

The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosting guests. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually.

Seniors can use the exercise room and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are also offered.

The residents go on trips to visit the many Gainesville recreational hubs such as art galleries and museums, eateries and other cultural events, such as festivals and fairs.

Every senior appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

From Brookdale Hunter's Crossing

Brookdale Hunter's Crossing provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Hunter's Crossing