Sunrise of Gahanna

775 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, OH, 43230

Reviews of Sunrise of Gahanna

Caring95214550 September 11, 2014

The food at Sunrise of Gahanna was good. They have an enclosed garden area with some raised beds that people who like to work in the dirt can deal with. The little neighborhoods and stuff were nice. The staff members all appeared confident and eager to help. I am still having trouble convincing my dad. The room that we saw was very clean. I was very happy with it.

Robert87978750 June 26, 2014

Sunrise is a nice facility. It would have been number 1 on the list for me. They have a house cat and a house dog. And, being an animal person, that would have summed it up for me. But my dad is a farm gentlemen, and for him, animals should be in the barn or outside. So it's not meant for my dad.

The layout of the building itself was a bit choppy, so getting from one place to another, I could see how someone with dementia could get confused. There's nothing that they could do unless they gathered the building. It's a nice bright building on the outside. The staff and the residents are friendly. They actually had a mayor of the building among the residents. They came right out and greeted me.

Ray14 April 25, 2014

Sunrise is really close and only half a mile from our school. It's a very nice facility, and it was my second choice. They're excellent. The only reason I didn't go there was it was much more money than we're paying now. But I still would keep that one in mind in case the other facility won't work out. The rooms were a little smaller, but very nice. It's adequate for someone who has few pieces of furniture. It's well-kept.

They have a very nice dining room. They have guests come in, they have a piano, they take residents out to shopping and to doctor appointments, as well as other different activities. It also has a small community settings where the rooms are not all in a straight line. It's not like a hotel. It is more broken up into areas, and you may have 8 to 10 apartments sharing a small dining area. So it has a cozy atmosphere.

Becky13 November 22, 2013

Sunrise was nice and I liked it. The rooms were spacious. The staff was nice.

Patricia31 September 26, 2013

I visited Sunrise of Gahanna and it looked liked this place is beautifully geared to Alzheimer's patients and my mom does not have Alzheimer's. The place was upbeat and bright. When I walked in and they had guitar playing and some people were dancing. It looked socializing and fun.

juliework6 July 10, 2012

At Sunrise it seemed that group activities were abundant, residents were well cared for, and faciliites were very clean and comfortable. There was an ice cream parlor area where the residents could gather in order to play bingo, be social, and participate in scheduled activities. A dining area in each wing made the facility seem more homey and less "cold". The staff was always helpful and respectful and seemed clean and friendly. Pets were allowed at the facility for the residents to spend time with. Gardening was done in the yard and porch swings were available for the residents to sit outside and enjoy the weather when possible. Sometimes couples were both living there and the staff seemed very supportive and respectful of their marriages. Parking was sufficient and a drop off area made it easy for the visitors to come and go, as well as being able to take residents out for a visit or shopping trip elsewhere. If a resident passed away, his or her life was honored and a memorial placed in the lobby for display and memories to be shared. A baby grand piano was available and residents were encouraged to play if they had any abilities.

From Sunrise of Gahanna

Just minutes from the Columbus International Airport and Easton Town Center, Sunrise of Gahanna in Gahanna, OH, sits in a quiet suburban setting. We pride ourselves on our home-like, one-story floor plan.

Services and Care Options Offered at Sunrise of Gahanna: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent at Sunrise of Gahanna is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Gahanna