Sunrise of Gahanna

775 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, OH, 43230

Reviews of Sunrise of Gahanna

May 16, 2015

By Judy106165550

I would say the care in Sunrise is going very well. They really try to help my mother-in-law with her Alzheimer's. They have the people painting and doing activities. They try to get the families involved too. There are just a lot of things that they are really trying to help them come alive again. It is hard to find, and it has a small atmosphere because there are only like 12 residents for a particular wing for her type of Dementia. You kind of get to know the other folks, and they have a very good social worker there. She is very good, and she sends us cards at home saying how great my mother-in-law is. It was very stressful, but this place makes us feel like we have probably found the right place for her. We visited quite a few facilities, and we just didn't feel any of those were right for her. This one actually had an opening, and everything kind of fell into place.

September 23, 2014

By  Caring3305

I visited Sunrise of Gahanna. I was very impressed. Their price was significantly greater than others that I looked at, so that was more of a concern and the reason for not having gone there. I think they would have been able to definitely address the concerns that I had. They were very attentive. I expressed my concerns and even went back, thinking about changing him before things got better. The ratio that they told me for they have for their expectations and how quickly people should respond seems what I would be looking for or better. So that was one consideration at one point. It was just probably gonna be at least 1/3 additional cost on top for what we were paying potentially just based on the level of care and the things that would have been required for space and all of that. The rooms were very nice; the space was very clean. There’s a nice area for people to be outside if they wanted to. There were indoor activities for people. It looked like a very well put together community. The security looked fine, I didn’t see any concern.

September 11, 2014

The food at Sunrise of Gahanna was good. They have an enclosed garden area with some raised beds that people who like to work in the dirt can deal with. The little neighborhoods and stuff were nice. The staff members all appeared confident and eager to help. I am still having trouble convincing my dad. The room that we saw was very clean. I was very happy with it.

June 26, 2014

By Robert87978750

Sunrise is a nice facility. It would have been number 1 on the list for me. They have a house cat and a house dog. And, being an animal person, that would have summed it up for me. But my dad is a farm gentlemen, and for him, animals should be in the barn or outside. So it's not meant for my dad. The layout of the building itself was a bit choppy, so getting from one place to another, I could see how someone with dementia could get confused. There's nothing that they could do unless they gathered the building. It's a nice bright building on the outside. The staff and the residents are friendly. They actually had a mayor of the building among the residents. They came right out and greeted me.

April 25, 2014

By Ray14

Sunrise is really close and only half a mile from our school. It's a very nice facility, and it was my second choice. They're excellent. The only reason I didn't go there was it was much more money than we're paying now. But I still would keep that one in mind in case the other facility won't work out. The rooms were a little smaller, but very nice. It's adequate for someone who has few pieces of furniture. It's well-kept. They have a very nice dining room. They have guests come in, they have a piano, they take residents out to shopping and to doctor appointments, as well as other different activities. It also has a small community settings where the rooms are not all in a straight line. It's not like a hotel. It is more broken up into areas, and you may have 8 to 10 apartments sharing a small dining area. So it has a cozy atmosphere.

November 22, 2013

By Becky13

Sunrise was nice and I liked it. The rooms were spacious. The staff was nice.

September 26, 2013

By Patricia31

I visited Sunrise of Gahanna and it looked liked this place is beautifully geared to Alzheimer's patients and my mom does not have Alzheimer's. The place was upbeat and bright. When I walked in and they had guitar playing and some people were dancing. It looked socializing and fun.

July 10, 2012

By juliework6

At Sunrise it seemed that group activities were abundant, residents were well cared for, and faciliites were very clean and comfortable. There was an ice cream parlor area where the residents could gather in order to play bingo, be social, and participate in scheduled activities. A dining area in each wing made the facility seem more homey and less "cold". The staff was always helpful and respectful and seemed clean and friendly. Pets were allowed at the facility for the residents to spend time with. Gardening was done in the yard and porch swings were available for the residents to sit outside and enjoy the weather when possible. Sometimes couples were both living there and the staff seemed very supportive and respectful of their marriages. Parking was sufficient and a drop off area made it easy for the visitors to come and go, as well as being able to take residents out for a visit or shopping trip elsewhere. If a resident passed away, his or her life was honored and a memorial placed in the lobby for display and memories to be shared. A baby grand piano was available and residents were encouraged to play if they had any abilities.

Photos of Sunrise of Gahanna

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Gahanna

• Pets: All Pets

About Sunrise of Gahanna

Just minutes from the Columbus International Airport and Easton Town Center, Sunrise of Gahanna in Gahanna, OH, sits in a quiet suburban setting. We pride ourselves on our home-like, one-story floor plan.

Services and Care Options Offered at Sunrise of Gahanna: - Assisted Living - Alzheimer's Care - Hospice Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent at Sunrise of Gahanna is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Gahanna