Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

600 Mount View Street, Front Royal, VA, 22630

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

November 21, 2014

By EmmaB

I lost my husband Al on February 25, 2013. We were married for 62 years. Our future was unsure but we were in it till the end. Al’s motto of Que Sera Sera, and mine of Let it Be saw us through many trials and blessings. Now I have to live a different life. I was terrified of being “ALONE.” But I am happy to say I am far from alone. The staff are so loving and caring. I’ve made many new friends and I feel safe, loved and cared for. I must say there is not a grouch in the house! Welcome Home is a perfect and true expression of my new home. As for my one point of contention it is the food. But I feel they try to serve healthy food. And no one will like or eat all the food all the time. You cannot please everyone. Que Sera Sera, Let it Be!

October 22, 2014

By Grayson W.

They are more than staff, they are family. The care of the nursing and administrative staff, both to the residents and to the residents’ families, was outstanding. The staff truly cared about the residents, both physically and emotionally. The residents’ families were kept timely informed and included as much as possible in every aspect of the daily lives and well-being of the residents. The staff treated the residents and the family of the residents like the staff’s own family.

December 07, 2012

By Simsey

My mother was very happy with all aspects of her care till the facility was purchased by another company. Then the quality of care went south. The new management decided to transport all residents to the downstairs dining room for lunch and dinner with the independent living residents. My mother was happy to go to the dining room that was close to her apartment, which was the one providing meals for the nursing home and assisted living residents. Under the new rules, all residents had to go to the independent living dining room in the basement, via the one elevagtor in the building. This procedure meant that two times a day, all available staff had to gather the nursing home residents and assisted living residents, line them up in the hallway, make their way to the downstairs dining room, then transport them back to their rooms. The staff was running themselvews ragged, making several trips gathering residents,then transporting them back to their rooms. My mother was so traumatized by this process that we had to eventually pay for tray service for her meals to be delivered to her room. We eventually moved mother to a different facility where she was treated like a person and not as a statistic in a so-called business decision. My stars all go to the staff (I would give all 5 stars) for their dedication and service to the residents.

September 27, 2012

Located in a safe, charming neighborhood, The Southerlands has many activities and has a very strong community outreach program. A wonderful perk to this community is the levels of care The Southerlands provides from independent elderly care to assisted living, and full-care nursing home. Also, located very close to the town hospital, this is an extremely safe environment if immediate care is needed. In addition, the town of Front Royal is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley which is a perfect atmosphere for anyone who loves trees, rivers & fresh mountain air. Many historic landmarks also endow the town of Front Royal as a major Civil War landmark, and is a great place to rediscover our nation's past with many small days trips & activities. The Southerlands prides its establishment with keeping your loved ones active with a small but clean fitness center, a studio with Yoga & Tai Chi classes available, and even many golf courses nearby! The rooms are standard, nothing extraordinary, but comfortable, clean & well thought out. All in all, if you're looking for a safe, social, active environment for your loved one, The Southerlands is well worth checking in to.

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 To 1

• Licenses: Yes

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal, a premier senior living community nestled in the northern Shenandoah Valley. We're a well-established and leading choice for all levels of senior living, including independent and assisted living. We offer a variety of apartment styles, care options and services for our residents. Conveniently located close to Front Royal's historic and charming downtown, our community is near healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and the legendary Skyline Drive. Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. With sweeping views of the mountains, our residents love the landscaped walks, sunroom and gazebo. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Active residents take full advantage of our Health & Fitness Center. For those who prefer to relax, one of our sunrooms is the perfect spot to unwind. Residents also enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath and their pets are welcome too! We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal further and schedule a tour today.

Scenic beautiful views of Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Mountains. Quiet country setting but still near amenities. Lovely floral gardens , water fall setting and patio areas. New addition of a secured memory care wing.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal