Brookdale Friendswood

1310 Friendswood Drive South, Friendswood, TX, 77546

Reviews of Brookdale Friendswood

February 16, 2016

By cdsam

I wasn’t a fan of Brookdale Friendswood. It was a nice facility, the rooms were OK, and there wasn’t anything really bad about the place. I just wasn’t as impressed with them as I was with the others. I think we kind of popped in on them, so they weren’t prepared. It wasn’t like we had the greatest tour, so maybe they need to be more prepared when people pop in. We were given a tour and saw everything, but we walked away with less than a great feeling because they weren’t as prepared as they could have been if we had made an appointment. I think they probably need to do better with walk-ins.

October 05, 2015

By Terry42142350

The staff of Brookdale Friendswood was friendly. The rooms were a bit small but clean and had everything you needed. I was really looking for respite care for my mom, so it would have only just been like a week. They had a dining room -- which seemed nice -- and a medication dispenser area. The dining area looked roomy enough, and they had it decorated nicely.

September 30, 2015

We had my father in Brookdale Friendswood which was close to our house and he was in hospice for about 5 days. They were excellent; I was very pleased with the facility. Even though he was only there for 5 days, I was also really pleased and satisfied with the hospice group that we dealt with. The rooms were OK. I never ate there but the food smelled good and looked good. Everything worked out.

August 18, 2015

By Kaitlyn

We visited Brookdale Friendswood (Formerly Emeritus at Friendswood), and it was really nice, just really expensive. The place was very clean, probably cleaner than the place we chose, and it had a lot more activities for the people to do. They go out and do things, and the staff was very nice.

June 20, 2015

By Caring108351950

Brookdale was nice but it was smaller and older, but they are getting some renovations. The staff was very nice too.

April 18, 2015

I visited Brookdale Friendswood, and I like this place. It felt that you are walking into a really nice hotel. They have shared and unshared rooms for their residents. Their food looked good. They do outings as well.

April 09, 2015

Brookdale Friendswood was nice and all that. It was something that we were considering. The rooms were a little bit small, but other than that, we liked the set-up. They had activities. Some of them had physical therapy. They did have a memory care unit. If they weren't able to go to the assisted living, you had the choice of a memory care which was nice too. They were very informative and the lady that told us all about it was very nice.

September 10, 2014

By RaiFessin

Other

It's a beautiful facility and the employees are friendly but I have noticed the Alzheimer's unit is always short handed.

December 23, 2013

I went to Emeritus with my sister-in-law and pretty much we had a waste of time there. Neither of us cared for the person that showed us around because she was asking stupid questions. She was completely going by a script. They're not treating the person coming in personally. Also, they were under construction and doing renovations at that time, so the overall view had a lot to do with the people and with the environment. It seemed to be more like a nursing home than assisted living. It was not a place that I would be going back to. After we saw it, we never even considered it for my mother-in-law.

October 13, 2013

By Sue27

We visited Emeritus at Friendswood when we looked for a facility for mom. It was clean and the staff were friendly. They had all kinds of activities and a bus also took them to the doctor's or shopping. They had all the amenities like the other facility.

October 16, 2012

By watermist

I visited Emeritus at the start of this month. I was greeted by friendly staff and a courteous front office receptionist. I was delighted to take a tour of the place. It smelled pleasant and was clean. I was very pleased to see the room sizes for the residents. From the largest room to a mediocre one its still very spacious. It didn't look like a hotel room, it was a room I would have stayed in. I was given a tour of the Kitchen as I requested to see it. I liked that everyone was wearing gloves, had hair nets, had food permits. They were very nice in telling me vegetarian food would not be a problem as my father is a strict Jain. I really liked that. When I met the Executive Director, the meeting was pleasant. I was pleased to know they do family meetings rather often than the normal once a month. My father liked this place very much. We are currently on a waiting list as there are many residents but I hope my father will be able to stay here!

October 15, 2012

By Joan 1

They were very responsive and they had actually put me in their mailing list and I hear from them once in a while. The staff was very courteous and responsive. The facility was very clean, the rooms very comfortable, cafeteria was clean, bright, and had a nice air about it. It's a comfortable facility. I saw notices on the wall of the schedule of activities. I know they have church services there, they have pastors and priests come in.

July 31, 2012

By Malaclypse

My girlfriends grandmother really likes this facility. The facility is physically nice and up to date. Group activities are provided, and little oversight is given to those who are self sufficient. Social, Physical, and Mental health seem to be at the forefront, and the wide range of tenants seems to testify to it. The facility IS located in a fairly well to do neighborhood that is technically within the Houston city limits but within it's own community. Most tenants live in individual housing with visits from staff members several times a day depending on the needs of said patient. If I was in my girlfriend's grandmother's place, I wouldn't be unsatiusfied (yes i know that's a double negative - still applies.)

June 23, 2012

By Hakkayo

The facility was moderately decorated and had a dated feel in its wall paper and paint. The staff was nice and very helpful with arranging the performance and the senior citizens. The performance went well and afterwards I was able to walk around the premises. The seniors had pets that they all shared including some birds, dogs, cats and multiple fish tanks filled with fish. I was unable to see what the actual living conditions were as I had no relatives staying there. I did try their food however and found it to be quite bland. The residents at the home appeared happy and without issue some were unable to walk and received ample help in moving around. One other problem I found with the facilities was that there wasn't enough parking for large amounts of cars for gatherings like the performance I put on. Over all I enjoyed my time there and found it to be a very nice place for older people to stay.

May 23, 2012

By Dorinda2012

My family member was a resident here for 10 months. It is very clean and the staff is friendly, but they are not equipped to handle residents who need a lot of care and are not willing to make that clear. They are also very slow to address issues of concern to the resident or the resident's family. I would, therefore, not rexxommend this facility for a family member who has physical or mental limitations. For general assisted living it is probably a good place, however.

March 01, 2012

By queenbee1109

I am the caretaker for myself and my husband who has suffered from a stroke. Our rep was very very nice. It was a nice clean facility. It wasn't enough space. They had no 2 bedroom units available. We ultimately decided to stay in our home when we came to the conclusion that going there was not going to help me help him. We think that in home health care assistance would be best.

February 25, 2012

By naturalredhead

Unannounced visit with my dad. The receptionist was not friendly just short of being rude. His has a small dog but would have to leave apt. walk to foyer or side door for his dog to relieve herself. Like the fact the facility offers both independent and assisted living arrangements. We did not take a tour as my dad didn't like the atmosphere.

February 24, 2012

By Spacidy

I previously visited this facility about 3 times per month for approximately 6 months total. The staff was always very friendly to me and I observed them being friendly and professional to the residents. I think one very important comment about this facility is that it is very clean. I always saw housekeepers about the building and I never experienced any of the unpleasant smells that are often associated with long term care facilities. The facility has a small physical therapy room with minimal equipment, however, the therapist in charge was great. The residential room that I observed was of average size with a bed & desk and an attached bathroom area. The kitchen area is a common kitchen area for meals. I also noticed that they had a few nice areas for guests to socialize in with nice sitting areas, tvs etc.

August 03, 2011

By E G Bishop

I have a friend who lives at Emeritus, This facility offers senior living as well as assited living choices of various levels. I always enjoy visiting here, because of the pets. The residents in the senior living and assisted living areas are allowed to have pets. What happens is the pets act as icebreakers. Someone walks their dog and sees another resident walking their dog and they strike up a conversation and make a new friend. Many of the residents know the other residnet's pet's names and habits. They ask each other about their pets and help each other out with them. The pets really bring the residents at Emeritus together and help them make friends. Makes for a nicer place to live.

Photos of Brookdale Friendswood

Features of Brookdale Friendswood

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

About Brookdale Friendswood

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Friendswood