Sunrise of Fresno

7444 North Cedar Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93720

Reviews of Sunrise of Fresno

Caring111271050 August 25, 2015

I have celiac disease, which requires a gluten free (GF) diet for me to remain healthy. I called to set up an appointment and informed the sales rep of my dietary restrictions. Also informed her that I didn't want to waste my time and her's if a GF diet couldn't be accommodated. We set up a tentative tour and she would contact the director of Sunrise to verify that a GF diet could be accommodated. She called me back within the hour apologizing that a GF diet couldn't be met at this time. Because of her honesty I may check back at a much later date to see if I could be accommodated. I felt they have concern for their residents.

Caring105642750 August 22, 2015

I thought that Sunrise was a little more hectic with regular rooms and Alzheimer’s combined. We had lunch there. I took my husband and my daughter and had lunch with the marketing gal, and they showed us all of the facilities for the Alzheimer’s. I also had a friend there, so I visited her apartment; she was in a regular apartment. The food was excellent.

Caring110307750 June 29, 2015

The atmosphere at Sunrise was very pleasant. The staff was not only helpful but very genuine, and we really liked the way they worked with the people. The rooms could be bigger. My husband will be in memory care and in a shared room. The dining room is setup with tables that maybe have six people at them. They have all kinds of games and stuff, but they mostly do brain games.

Caring106943350 June 20, 2015

I did talk to somebody from Sunrise. I met with a lady named Rebecca, and she was really nice. They had a dining room with round tables, you can walk around, and they have lots of places to walk in the community area like a big living room. It was really nice and clean, it looked well-maintained, the furniture and the furnishing that I saw looked nice, the windows were clean, and the yard was clean. I also didn't have any problems with parking when I went in there. It was next to a church too. There was a really big church out there, so if you really wanted to go to church, you could go there, and it was really close to the St. Agnes Hospital. And they had activities too, and I liked that.

Caring105273650 May 12, 2015

My mom is placed in Sunrise of Fresno, and she is doing quite fine. She has been there for a little over three months now, and at this point I would give them the highest rating. The staff is great, and they are attentive to everyone's needs. Everyone is very well taken care of, and there is more than enough entertainment for the residents. They can do as much or as little as they want. I really can't say anything bad about it. I have not personally eaten there, but my mother is happy with the food. If you don't see something on the menu that you like, you can always ask for something else, and most of the time they can provide it for you. The accommodation is very clean, well lit, and well equipped. It has a refrigerator, a microwave, closet space, and a bathroom. It has all amenities for senior citizens like grab rails and easy access. The community is very clean. Of the many places she has been in, this one is the best.

Andrea24 May 08, 2015

The one I really liked was Sunrise. It was very nice and very comfortable. The staff was very nice and friendly. We had eaten there several times with my father. It was near my home so that would work out well for him. That would be my first choice. They seemed to always have something going on. They had a dog that wanders around. They had a wonderful dining area, and the food was great. They had a library and nice park area at the back. They took people on outings.

Susan104957950 April 27, 2015

I have had a relative in Sunrise just recently. It’s smaller than some of the places which is nice. I had seen the schedule, and I know they provide quite a bit of activities. I’ve seen the dining area; it’s very nice, very light, and airy. The staff was good. They cared for my aunt, and we had no complaints about her care at all when she was there. They were very responsive and caring.

Eric19 March 27, 2015

I was extremely impressed with Sunrise of Fresno. I thought it was a beautiful facility, and for people who needed just assisted living, that place would have been absolutely great. I mean, it looked like they were living in little studio, and the people seemed relatively in good spirit. They had a whole table of women who were doing different things -- coloring, painting and stuff like that. They also had a little dog, which really got them 200+ points in my opinion. I saw one interaction where they were dealing with one who I believe was suffering from sort of dementia, and I thought they handled it very well. It was not based on experience; it was just based on my observation that I thought Sunrise place was fabulous.

It had a well-lit backyard garden. The rooms were very nice. I found them to be very spacious, and I liked the way that they really set them up for people with ADL issues. They had a large dining room there, and it looked very nice. The woman that took us on the tour -- the marketing administrative person -- was great. I thought it was a great place. If I needed care, I would go there.

Beverly47 December 22, 2014

We went to Sunrise. It was nice, but to me it was a little bit too noisy because a lot of their activities were like in this foyer part where a lot of the noise travels up to the upstairs room, so to me it was a little bit loud. Other than that, it was really nice. The rooms were very nice. Sunrise would be my second choice of the three places we looked.

Betty96806850 November 05, 2014

Sunrise was a nice and clean place. We were impressed. It had beautiful gardens, but it would not have been the right place for our daughter because she would feel too institutionalized. The people and the staff were very friendly, and the apartments were nice. They have several levels so she would have to go in the wheelchair in the elevator, and it was way too expensive.

LovelyLady0000063 May 12, 2014

I went to Sunrise of Fresno to observe and look at the rooms. The room that I saw was not equipped for someone handicapped or for a wheelchair. It was an assisted-living type apartment. You couldn't open the refrigerator and could not get around the kitchen if you were in a wheelchair, you had to stand up. The carpet smelled really bad, even though it was brand new. It smelled like formaldehyde. The rooms were too small for me, since I have a wheelchair. But the staff seemed nice, and I liked that they had entertainment.

Betty84504050 April 29, 2014

I found some of the staff of Sunrise Fresno to be very curt, and that really ruined it for me. They need to have a meeting with the staff and tell them to be aware because they never know when prospective people for moving in are walking around. I wouldn't put the rooms as outstanding.

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our community. We would like more information. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details. Thanks, the Sunrise Team

Patty34 April 22, 2014

Sunrise of Fresno was very nice, but it was a little bit more money than we thought we could afford. It was quite pricey. The staff was very nice. They took us on a tour and showed a lot of different things. They told us a lot about what they do. It was a normal ALF, but not necessarily for Alzheimer's. They did have both facilities, and they explained that a little bit. Basically, they also have the same activities as the other facilities. They read them the paper, and they have games to keep their minds active. They had a very nice reception area type of thing. They had a very nice dining room, and it was a good-sized room. The rooms were bigger too. It was a much larger facility.

Michelle48 March 27, 2014

We visited Sunrise, and we liked it a lot. It was a good environment, and it was very clean. I liked that it felt like a hotel rather than a facility. Everybody was friendly. The staff was accommodating, and it was impressive how long they had been there. I liked the rooms a lot. They were in the middle of activity when we were there. They were singing songs, and people came in to play music and stuff.

Bob81191250 March 20, 2014

I had a very good impression with sunrise. The lady who showed us the place was very good. I liked the size, the building and the inside is very comfortable and very nice. They seemed to have the residents doing various activities. The dining room is very nice, inviting, clean and tidy. It looked like the residents are having a good meal.

Leaf19 October 19, 2013

Sunrise of Fresno is fine. Their rooms are very nice and large. I had no problems with that facility. It's just very big and I think our parents are doing well in a small, homelike setting. If one could afford the cost that would be a great place and I would definitely recommend it.

Charles20 August 10, 2013

My mom is now at Sunrise and it's basically assisted living. The place is very nice and very clean. I have been checking the place since she has been there and they are very good. My mom is kind of a difficult person to deal with, but they are doing pretty good with her. The place is very expensive. Right now we wouldn't be able to afford it if it wasn't for her getting low income assistance.

AmiR4663 December 20, 2011

Talk about activity, this facility had it going on! School kids were caroling and interacting with the residents; the seniors have their own choir. Activities are posted on a daily bases to avoid confusion and they offer plenty; today they had music, chair exercises, a movie, caroling, casino, and a Xmas party for the evening. The dining room is restaurant style with table settings; I was impressed to see an actual chef (with hat) that's on staff. The apartments are nice and clean with a small stove and memory boxes at the doorstep. A display case has pictures of all caregivers and their assigned patients; they do this so everyone knows who's taking care of each resident's needs. I didn't detect any odors, even though they allow pets. The grounds are nice with lots of room for outdoor areas that are secured with fencing. All of the staff that I met was friendly and there were plenty on hand. This seems like a very well managed facility.

Cowboys8435 August 05, 2011

Everything about it was great. The staff at the Senior Home was great, they cater to your every need. The environment is very peaceful with flowers and trees and bushes. The food that they provided was okay but it wasn't terrible compared to other places I stayed at. There are many things that you can do there from reading at the library they have to watching live entertainment. If you want to go shopping then the nearest store is less than a mile away so it is very conveinient. The rooms that they give you are very nice, they hold a lot of space and the provide cable. The activities they have are a very nice way to meet new people and make friends. One time when I went to an arts and crafts activity I met a good person that has many similar interest as me. Ever since we have been very good friends. Overall I would recommend this senior home to anyone that wants to have fun.

SlipkErnst June 24, 2011

A close family member stayed at the Fresno Sunrise facilities for several months. We visited her probably 7-10 times during her stay and were happy with the facilities. Upkeep was good, she did daily exercise and enjoyed her daily meals. She had assistance from staff for her laundry needs and often commented to us how she appreciated this, and how she liked the staff she dealt with. Staff were courteous and friendly to me and my family, and got to know us by name. Only did 4/5 stars because the place is older and could certainly use a touch-up. But overall, we were very pleased and would recommend Sunrise to others.

From Sunrise of Fresno

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise of Fresno is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Fresno in Fresno, CA, is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

*At Sunrise of Fresno, we also offer Below Market Rate Suites. These accommodations are only available to those who financially qualify. Make sure to inquire about the eligibility for this program.

Foundational Belief, and Mission. Care for a frail senior, and have the ability to serve spouses at different levels, while allowing them to remain together. Known for care and longevity of leadership and care team. Nationally recognized as a leader in the Fresno market.

Features of Sunrise of Fresno

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Dining extra: Room Servce is available.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Staff patient ratio: No ratio. Care is based on needs. Staffing is variable.

• Licenses: Yes, as a RCFE
  • State License(s): 107206649

• Financial guidance extra: Below Market Rate Program
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Fresno