Brookdale Fresno

1715 E. Alluvial Ave., Fresno, CA, 93720

Reviews of Brookdale Fresno

Caring111271050 July 31, 2015

Brookdale Fresno is new. It was very friendly and very clean. I have Celiac sprue, so I need a special gluten-free diet. The marketing person we dealt with there had the chef come in and talk to us, and I felt very good about if we decided to move there that they would be able to help me and prepare food that would be safe for me to eat. Their room would be adequate enough to meet our needs. They did mention that there would be bus trips and activities to do even there onsite.

Caring106943350 June 21, 2015

Brookdale was one that did have veterans' aid. My husband is elderly, of course, but I like him to be around other people that might be veterans. Everybody doesn't have to be a veteran, but I thought it would be nice, and they happen to list that they had veterans' aid. I liked the neighborhood, it looked clean, and I didn't have any problems finding some place to park that I didn't have to walk two miles to get there. I liked the location. It wasn't in a bad part of town. It looked secured.

Beverly47 December 22, 2014

Carrington Pointe Fresno would be my first choice for my mother. I like the rooms. The room sizes were good. I also like that they have a living room separate from the bedroom part of it, so if my mother did have visitors, it wouldn't be like they would have to visit from her bedroom. They were remodeling this place inside, and it was very nice. Their activities didn't seem to disrupt the residents. My mom likes this place too.

Betty96806850 December 10, 2014

I would never recommend Carrington Pointe. The facilities weren't nice, and the price was high. The staff was not friendly. They didn't know a lot of things that we asked them. We were not impressed.

janyne1284 August 27, 2014

I loved Carrington and it is on the top of my list. But the day we went there, they said if you sign up today her rent will be a certain amount and that it would stay that way. But you'd have to sign up right at that moment. I don’t really care for this tactic. If I can’t make it today, we can do it tomorrow. Mom really liked it given she has friends who live there. They do have continuing care as well, so that would be a plus. She is 91, so I know that as time goes by she is going to need more and more care.

Their apartments were very nice and large. They didn’t have any studios -- they were all one-bedroom units with a kitchen. This facility offered Lifeline. They checked on residents if they weren’t there for breakfast in the morning and they checked on residents before they went to bed, too. The staff was very personable when I went around and asked the people who currently live there.

There are activities and the activity director made a point of coming in introducing herself to us. They have a chorus and my mother used to sing. They have crafts and reading classes, a book club, as well as card games -- there’s a lot going on.

Marie36 June 26, 2014

We looked at a room at Carrington Pointe. He has visited people there before that were friends of his, so he liked it. It was very clean, and it smelled nice. You can have a kitchen in your room. The inhabitants were very friendly. They were engaged in activities, such as bingo. They have a nice reading library. They let the people do their own little thing if they can. For instance, one man was allowed to have a bird feeder outside, which I think was very important. The staff was very friendly, nice people. It was the one we liked the best. The best thing is the freedom of pursuing something that you really like to do.

Bob81191250 March 20, 2014

I know some people in Carrington Pointe. It’s a very large facility and they have a nice dining room. The staff is very good. They have various activities for the residents.

Linda57801150 January 31, 2014

My dad was at Carrington Pointe. He stayed there for about two and a half months. He didn't like that very well. They sold it out to him as having a Jacuzzi and a pool. When he moved in, he was under the impression that the Jacuzzi would work; however, the whole time that he was there, they couldn't get the Jacuzzi to work, so he was very frustrated with that. Also there were a lot of old people in there and he didn't like that. It was depressing for him. The facility was really big and confusing; we got lost there a lot. They have two floors with an elevator but when the elevator broke down, my dad never made it to the lunch room on time. That was really hard for him. They were good though because they would bring him a sandwich or whatever it was on the menu if he would miss that. Also he could order breakfast and they would bring it to his room. He liked the food there. For accommodation, my dad was in like a temporary room. He had a balcony. It was nice but it was more like a hotel room. Regarding the staff, for the most part they were really great and they were really responsive. However, I think they were so busy because sometimes they forgot things and that would frustrate him. For activities, they did have a lot of stuff going on there but they weren't right for him. He doesn't like to play bingo or talk to older people. Overall, it was a nice place and a lot of people were very happy there but my dad was not.

Missingcarrington October 02, 2013

my mom lived there. The staff was so nice and helpful. They had lots of activities and a weekly mix and mingle with food drinks and entertainment. We looked at the top 3 facilities in Fresno and this one felt right. Moms room was so nice and cozy and I miss going there.

Vernita1 September 25, 2013

I liked the lady that took me around Carrington Pointe. I liked it very much and it was actually second on my list.

Jonah1 November 21, 2012

To make a long story short, I really like the facility. It had a sense of homeliness, that everyone there was accepted as an equal, and everyone was treated with care and dignity. I had no problems with this facility, they took care of an elderly friend with compassion. I would recommend Carrington Pointe to anyone who may need a bit of assistance in their lives. They have a heated pool and Jacuzzi, and they weekly housekeeping to all residents. The cuisine and food that they offer at Carrington Pointe is second to none. The food there was like eating from a 5 star restaurant in a foreign country. I honestly think Carrington Pointe is a really nice place, all the staff that work there were kind and generous, willing to help with anything. To conclude, I would recommend Carrington Pointe to anyone that wants true care from a very loving staff.

nohlranch November 07, 2012

It's a nice facility. It's situated right next to a church, so it gives it a sense of family and safety. There are over 170 different apartments in this complex. There are different floor plans - studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms. My friend had one that's a one bedroom, which seems like more than ample space for him and his wife. The room itself has lots of amenities. It comes fully furnished, with a full-sized refrigerator, 50 inch flat-screen TV, etc. There's also an emergency call button in case emergency service is needed; they have staff that is on-site and available 24 hours a day. There is weekly housecleaning service; this includes vacuuming, trash, etc. There are also additional services such as grooming, medication regulating, and dressing services that are available.There are also a lot of amenities and services outside of the private residence. For example, there's a heated pool and jacuzzi. This is a nice place to pass time, especially during the hot months of summer time in Fresno. There is also a game room, where residents like to play board games or card games. There's miles of walking trails, too, so it's fun to take a short walk after dinner. There are many options for food. There's a store on-site for shopping. The store is nice, too, because it provides free chocolate, coffee, tea, and snacks. There's also a more formal dining area, where the chef is able to make customized meals based on dietary restrictions. For the price and services provided, this is a great facility. When I am old and elderly, I may want to retire here.

bpayan January 28, 2012

It was a lovely facility. It seemed like a good place with nurses who are very engaged. However, I have an issue with the small elevator and narrow halls.If an elderly person is having an emergency it will make it difficult for Emergency medical personnel from an ambulance company to get to the patient with their gurney in a timely manner. I would be a bit worried about this when considering it as a good place. Yet in my experience it is a beautiful place, it seems to have enough but not too much privacy as far as safety is concerned, and it is not at all bad on the eyes. Did I mention it doesn't smell nearly as bad as most facilities like this?

AmiR4663 December 19, 2011

This is a very nice retirement facility with assisted living options near shopping and dining. The grounds are nice and well maintained. These are apartments with either one or two bedrooms. Amenities include a nice library, salon, spa, and pool to name a few. The dining is restaurant style and they can accommodate resident dietary needs. My guide was very friendly and made sure to tell me about discount assistance programs for vets and their spouses. I didn't detect any odors. This is owned and managed by a corporation and they have several communities; residents can travel and stay at another facility for a fee. The residents I encountered seemed happy.

MariC1 September 30, 2011

This is by far the best assisted living facility my young family has ever visited. One of our dear elderly friends resided there, and we visited her on several occasions and even dined with her there. Upon entering Carrington Pointe, we were warmly greeted by the lady at the front desk. Everything in the building was very well maintained, and it did not have the all-to-familiar smell often associated with these types of residences. The residents seemed relatively happy and well cared for, and the staff was readily on hand for any needs that arose. The meals there were quite tasty, and the meal staff was very kind. We were highly pleased with how clean everything was, and we were equally impressed with all of the opportunities offered to the residents such as field trips, classes of various kinds, rides to local stores and social activities. If we had a relative in need of such care and they were able to afford it, we would not hesitate to recommend Carrington Pointe.

From Brookdale Fresno

Conveniently located in north Fresno, Calif., Brookdale Fresno is a beautifully landscaped community situated on five acres, right next door to the People's Church campus. Our independent living retirement community features 172 spacious apartments with large kitchens and full-size refrigerator, individual climate controls and onsite laundry facilities. Our apartments are some of the largest in the area and are close to shopping on Herndon Avenue.

At Brookdale Fresno, you'll be amazed at the value. Weekly housekeeping and maintenance services are included in your rent. Amenities include an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, card room, beauty and barber shop. Our country store is both convenient and popular and even offers complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and snacks.

Our resident programs offer plenty of activities and meaningful pursuits. The mind-stimulating lectures hosted by Debra Lee from the Clovis Adult School are especially popular, as are tai chi and our "My Life Story" program, which encourages residents to journal and reminisce about their life. Our dining programs offer restaurant-style dining with many menu options, including a delectable Sunday brunch. Meals feature healthy, regional cuisine and offer another opportunity to socialize and enjoy the surroundings. We even have a private dining room where you can dine with family and friends.

Should you need assistance with activities of everyday life, our individualized care services can help you stay active, engaged and independent. Families can have full confidence that loved ones will receive the help they need in a caring environment.

Features of Brookdale Fresno

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 12
  • Minimum age: 62

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 107202497